Nissan Frontier Forum banner

What have you done for your Frontier today/lately?

8M views 49K replies 3K participants last post by  RyanD1966 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know if there's already a thread like this or not, I searched and couldn't find one, but I've seen this on other forums. What have you done for your Frontier today? Oil change? Wash? New Shrockworks bumper? Let's hear it!

Today I finally mounted my Hi-Lift, replaced a bump stop that dissapeared, re-indexed the passenger side t-bar, and replaced a loose radiator cap.

Let's keep this going, even the little things are important!

#26,704 ·
Dropping it off at a family mechanic's shop.
Have him figure out what going on with the driveabilty.
Dealershit wants $2900 saying the pcm, ecu and timing chain need replacing.

#26,705 ·
Dropping it off at a family mechanic's shop.
Have him figure out what going on with the driveabilty.
Dealershit wants $2900 saying the pcm, ecu and timing chain need replacing.
How many miles on your truck?
Hoping this repair/remedy gets cheaper real fast for ya. Jeez.
:serious:

#26,706 ·
How many miles on your truck?
Hoping this repair/remedy gets cheaper real fast for ya. Jeez.
:serious:
Think it has 58k
Dealer void the warranty because of the lift and tires.
I fought with USA Nissan with the issue with no luck.
But I thinking I set a world record on a 4 banger right now I get 8 mpg was getting 20.

#26,707 ·
BFG KO2s 285 75 16s and adjusted my coilovers to fit them

#26,709 ·
The shop called and said the truck needs a clutch.
They are crunching prices too bad I have the left behind four banger were there not too much aftermarket parts for it.

#26,710 ·
How many miles on that clutch? I'd be interested in the quoted repair price for the clutch as at some point I will be doing the same with my 4 banger. Thanks. (when you said "shop" did you mean a Nissan dealer shop?)

#26,711 ·
Sadly 10,000
I refuse to go back to Nissan they screwed up twice.
I take it a good friend that I have known for 10 years.

#26,712 ·
Nomad, can it go into 4WD again yet?
Haha! Haven't even bothered to take the wheels off of it yet. Guess I gotta get on it though since the CF royalty is coming in this weekend and expecting the full service tour :cool:

#26,714 ·
Sadly 10,000
I refuse to go back to Nissan they screwed up twice.
I take it a good friend that I have known for 10 years.
So Nissan won't cover any of the new clutch costs even though it went at just 10,000 miles?

#26,718 ·
Just hit 140,000 miles on my 07 and still going strong. Torn between kepping till it dies or upgrading.

Attachments

#26,719 ·
I recently got some new shoes for mine, but, with finances the way they ate, I'm unable to get the 33" Generals or Hankooks like I wanted. I had to go with some el cheapo 265-75-16 Primewell Valera A/Ts. So far, they aren't too bad, just a little loud. I still haven't updated my profile or pics. This weekend, I'm looking at maybe removing my AAL from the back to level it out. When I added the lift to the front and rear, the difference in height was the same as it was pre-lift (1.5") Now, though, there is a 2.5" difference and it's a little too much...or, I may just leave it as is and adjust my front shocks higher whenever I'm able to extend my tie rods out more to compensate. Whatever the case, it needs to be washed, and it will get that.

#26,720 ·
Well the jeeps been getting all the attention lately so it was time to give the truck some long needed care. Started with a wash and then the rims got a new look, 2 bad winters worth of salt brine for the ice took a toll...

View attachment 141233 View attachment 141241 View attachment 141249
Forgot to add that I siped the rear tires when I had them off for the plastidip. Will report back if it works or not... They're BFG ATs and have just over 30k, so the backs are slipping in wet conditions....... We'll see