Nissan Frontier Forum banner

What have you done for your Frontier today/lately?

8M views 49K replies 3K participants last post by  Mrgeebz 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know if there's already a thread like this or not, I searched and couldn't find one, but I've seen this on other forums. What have you done for your Frontier today? Oil change? Wash? New Shrockworks bumper? Let's hear it!

Today I finally mounted my Hi-Lift, replaced a bump stop that dissapeared, re-indexed the passenger side t-bar, and replaced a loose radiator cap.

Let's keep this going, even the little things are important!

#32,621 ·
Had a flat tire repaired. It wasn't actually flat yet but there was a broken bolt with a nut attached to it stuck in the tread block making a quarter inch hole. The tire has nearly 87,000 miles on it.
87k is awesome...... all the dry rot, not so much. I would have replace them all.

#32,623 ·
They will be replaced at some point this year. I do feel that I have gotten good service from the Michelins. I bought and installed them on 12Apr11. In the meantime, can you donate to my new tires fund. ::grin::
Go and set this up and see what happens. https://www.gofundme.com/

#32,627 ·
I'm good. Just messing with him about the tire fund. I will be tire shopping Discount Tires and see what kind of promotions they have going on now. I got a good deal on the Pirelli tires I bought for my Avalon last year.
That's where I got my wheels and tires. In all I got I believe $270 in total rebates.
$100 off wheels with their credit card
$100 of tires with their credit card
Then $70 for Cooper with a rebate
Plus my level 8 mk 6 wheels were $25 off each on sale.

I love discount tire.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#32,628 ·
Whether is was indeed a computer glitch or not, I got my Mich Defenders for $133/ea at DT as they matched DTD's overnight price back in Nov. I believe they retail for $185ish/ea in my 16" size...not sure about your 18s. Good luck shopping!

#32,629 ·
Im looking for tires too, for a near future purchase, and it seems like the size I want isn't available in a 16" I either stick with what I have or go a lot smaller.. I wish 15" rims would fit, and BTW the size I would like is 32x11.50

#32,632 ·
This weekend, I vacuumed the interior and attempted to diagnose a leak in my air locker system. I was unsuccessful in fixing the leak (grrrrr), but I did at least get it so that it would actually work with my ARB tire inflation kit (which it hasn't since installing it).

I also made myself two lists...a pre-Death Valley/Moab to do list, and a list of everything else I want to buy to finish my build. Yes, I did use the words "everything" and "finish." I am plenty happy with the off road performance of my setup as it was enough to get me through the Rubicon (and I never want to subject my truck to a trail harder than that); all I need now is some finishing touches as far as bed storage and electronics to make it more comfortable for long trips. After crunching the numbers, I concluded it would be reasonable to purchase everything else I need in the next couple of weeks. The truck is getting old so it will be nice to free up some of that "mod money" for whatever repairs crop up in the future.

I think I'm going to take the truck to work tomorrow so I can fill the gas tank. Currently it looks like I'll have at least 3 inches of snow to brush off of it, and it's still coming down pretty hard.

#32,633 ·
Im looking for tires too, for a near future purchase...
Having time to shop/research allows for opportunities such as brief/spot sales or even a computer glitch. In my case, I was WAY familiar w/ pricing on the array of tires under consideration. And there it was...an unbelievable price one night just before midnight. I took a screenshot! Saved me over $240 on the tires alone.
Bottom line: BE READY to pounce.

#32,634 ·
Is it an overall air leak or does it only happen when the front or rear locker is turned on? My front had a leak when it first got put in and I could hear and feel the air come out of the front diff breather tube and would cycle the compressor every 5-10 seconds. Jen,

You might want to check both of those to see if that is where the air is coming out. If so, there is something in the locker that could need to be reset, mine was the tube where it goes into the locker was not sealed and he ended up having to use JBweld on it as it was not a replaceable part. It has been fine for the 2.5 years since though. I hope that is not where your leak is, but checking the breather tubes might help you find it.

#32,636 ·
Having time to shop/research allows for opportunities such as brief/spot sales or even a computer glitch. In my case, I was WAY familiar w/ pricing on the array of tires under consideration. And there it was...an unbelievable price one night just before midnight. I took a screenshot! Saved me over $240 on the tires alone.
Bottom line: BE READY to pounce.
Unfortunately its not about being ready..... I can't find the size I want in a 16", for me its deciding on size. I want to go from a 33x12 (305/70/16) to a 32x11 and theres only 1 tire in a 285/70/16 that I can find and its a mud tire. Not a fan of a loud knobby tire, so it doesn't work but it would be the correct size.

16" in general doesn't really have whats best for my use, but Im still looking.. something has to come up.

#32,637 ·
Is it an overall air leak or does it only happen when the front or rear locker is turned on? My front had a leak when it first got put in and I could hear and feel the air come out of the front diff breather tube and would cycle the compressor every 5-10 seconds. Jen,

You might want to check both of those to see if that is where the air is coming out. If so, there is something in the locker that could need to be reset, mine was the tube where it goes into the locker was not sealed and he ended up having to use JBweld on it as it was not a replaceable part. It has been fine for the 2.5 years since though. I hope that is not where your leak is, but checking the breather tubes might help you find it.

It's cycling on about once every 45 seconds with only the compressor on and once every 20 seconds with the locker(s) engaged. Only comes on for about a second. Still functional but quite annoying. Prior to this, the compressor on cycled on about once every 20 minutes with no lockers engaged and maybe once every 5 minutes when engaged, which I could totally live with.

#32,638 ·
Unfortunately its not about being ready..... I can't find the size I want in a 16", for me its deciding on size. I want to go from a 33x12 (305/70/16) to a 32x11 and theres only 1 tire in a 285/70/16 that I can find and its a mud tire. Not a fan of a loud knobby tire, so it doesn't work but it would be the correct size.

16" in general doesn't really have whats best for my use, but Im still looking.. something has to come up.

I think Cooper makes a couple tires that come out at 32 by 10.5 in the 265/75/16 size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#32,639 ·
I think Cooper makes a couple tires that come out at 32 by 10.5 in the 265/75/16 size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ive searched their website and 265 and 275 run around 8.25"-8.5" in tread width (like most others) and Id like to be at or better than 9" wide. Theres just such a big difference in width going from a 32 to a 33 and I want to drop an inch but keep as much width as possible... my truck has 5.5" of lift up front and 3.5" at the rear so I don't want it to look too small.

#32,640 ·

If you stay ready you won't have to get ready. ::smile::