Nissan Frontier Forum banner

What have you done for your Frontier today/lately?

8M views 49K replies 3K participants last post by  Mrgeebz 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know if there's already a thread like this or not, I searched and couldn't find one, but I've seen this on other forums. What have you done for your Frontier today? Oil change? Wash? New Shrockworks bumper? Let's hear it!

Today I finally mounted my Hi-Lift, replaced a bump stop that dissapeared, re-indexed the passenger side t-bar, and replaced a loose radiator cap.

Let's keep this going, even the little things are important!

#25,421 ·
we are already thye highest in the nation for fed taxes here, now the fed`s will raise the fuel tax again, and when the fuel prices rise, and it will, we are doomed with 5-6 bux a gal...
The federal excise tax on a gallon of gasoline is exactly the same in all 50 states - 18.4 cents/gallon. North Carolina does have a higher than average state tax per gallon but still not as expensive as in 5 other states.

The federal gas tax has been the same since 1993. While there has been some talk about increasing it a dime or two that probably won't happen (tho it should since the highway trust fund is falling way short these days).

#25,423 ·
The federal excise tax on a gallon of gasoline is exactly the same in all 50 states - 18.4 cents/gallon. North Carolina does have a higher than average state tax per gallon but still not as expensive as in 5 other states.

The federal gas tax has been the same since 1993. While there has been some talk about increasing it a dime or two that probably won't happen (tho it should since the highway trust fund is falling way short these days).
yes, you are correct,my error, I should have said total tax.

from what I was told we are the highest in the nation @ .53 or .56 on the gal...

I`ll take a look next time I fuel up.

#25,424 ·
Highly recommend running ethanol-free fuel in your small engines/outdoor power equipment since these are not as well designed to cope with ethanol's effects.
And even more importantly (and a bit late, but not too late), it is best not to let gas containing ethanol sit in your outdoor power equip over the Winter - even if you've added a fuel stabilizer.
Run dry/drain all fuel OR Winterize with e-free fuel and add a stabilizer FTW.

#25,425 ·
Highly recommend running ethanol-free fuel in your small engines/outdoor power equipment since these are not as well designed to cope with ethanol's effects.
And even more importantly (and a bit late, but not too late), it is best not to let gas containing ethanol sit in your outdoor power equip over the Winter - even if you've added a fuel stabilizer.
When I put my small power equipment up for the year, I change the oil, drain the gas, and run it till the carb is empty.

#25,426 ·
.02[/QUOTE

I don't know about the general population but i know in my area ethanol free is very hard to find. I would have to drive about 20 minutes north towards the lake to start finding it easily. I have run ethanol fuel in the weedeater and chainsaw (mixed with oil) for as long as i can remember. Does not seem to do much harm.

#25,427 ·
.02[/QUOTE

I don't know about the general population but i know in my area ethanol free is very hard to find. I would have to drive about 20 minutes north towards the lake to start finding it easily. I have run ethanol fuel in the weedeater and chainsaw (mixed with oil) for as long as i can remember. Does not seem to do much harm.
Do you do it with your 4 cycle small engines?

#25,428 ·
I run the regular automotive fuel in the 4 stroke weed wacker/edger.
and the 2 stroke Echo back pack blower with good/better/best 2 stroke oils.

I`ll also add a an ounce or 2 to the 4 strokes to lube the top ends, ie: troy built, and johndeere.

also used the ethanol fuel in the boat (2 stroke) for the last 64 hours with no issues, but I have changed fuel lines 2x and filters often and just recently opened the carbs and they are spotless. it`s all in the care...

but, also just did 2 top ends from cold seizure/water ingest issue on the starboard engine and did the port to keep them equal.

cold water, cold dense air, 2 stroke 787`s running on the edge and crap winter blend fuels don`t work...

I intend to make up some premix with the non E for the first start up and break in and see how that goes...

we have had fuel related issues here from buying non E fuels, where non E fuels intent was to not cause harm to the old and new outboards. my neighbor just paid an 800 bill for injectors and fuel service...

nice to know that we pay 4-5 at the dock, use the same fuel for years and still have an ethanol related failure...

#25,430 ·
Certainly depends on the manufacturer, how old equip is, etc... My understanding is that ethanol can play havoc with some plastic & rubber parts over time. Newer equip is more likely to be made with more ethanol resistant materials.

My Winterized power equip all starts up every Spring unlike many of my neighbors/friends who do nothing to Winterize...then for them it's off to the shop after it won't start during the busy Spring weeks when we need our lawn equip most. Usually a 3-5+ week waiting list to boot. The shops generally 'claim' it is ethanol related issues...to be taken with a grain of salt, I'm sure. They would rather replace a carb than clean one. Though in many cases, a replacement is the better approach garnering longer lasting results.

Having a fuel shutoff valve allows for running the carb dry. A full tank is preferential to a less than full tank so condensation will be minimal over the Winter months. Cold garage floors make for an extra-humid environment when they are wet from condensation.

But hey, if you've never had a problem, then keep doing what you're doing. I'm just sharing what works for me.
:nerd:

#25,431 ·
Installed this
Auto part Fashion accessory

What a difference along with the crank pulley.
Can't wait for income
Want to get obx header
And air rites

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#25,432 ·
#25,433 ·
Company is 2j racing great people,
it been a pain looking for stuff engine wise since I have a four banger.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#25,434 · (Edited)
Added a Ultra Gauge

13" rubber radio antenna

5' fire stick cb antenna mounted with a door mount between rear lights and tail gate.

Cobra 18wx into the center council

found a dealer who would give me a trade in on my 265/70/16 long trails (900 miles on them) for a set of 265/75/16 Hankook Dyna Pro ATM's

#25,438 ·
Ordered a set of ext. Radflo's and some SPC UCA's.

#25,439 · (Edited)
Meso what headers did you have and why did you go with AFE? Haven't even started looking into headers just yet, but I will now.

Had my duratracs and lift put on finally and I love it! lol unfortunately my wife took it to work and the right front tire went flat on her. She had no idea but some nice person put a note in the window. She never would of known! Luckily I carry a cheap O air compressor all the time. She was able to fill it up enough to get home thankfully. Turned out to be a bad valve stem.

Meso what headers did you have and why did you go with AFE? Haven't even started looking into headers just yet, but I will now.

Had my duratracs and lift put on finally and I love it! lol unfortunately my wife took it to work and the right front tire went flat on her. She had no idea but some nice person put a note in the window. She never would of known! Luckily I carry a cheap O air compressor all the time. She was able to fill it up enough to get home thankfully. Turned out to be a bad valve stem.

#25,440 ·
yesterday, I found a missing pocket knife that between the seat.
Today, I made the mistake of finding out what else was under the seats.
I found about a dozen of those little green plugs they use at starbucks, two starbucks tall cups, four empty cans of redbull, and a 5 hour energy.