Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Truck Has Hit 310,000 miles - Is there a Nissan Contact to tell them about it?

5K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  goreds2 
#1 ·
I was wondering if there is an email or mailing address where I could contact Nissan telling them how great my truck with 310,000 miles has been. I would tell them all the things that are still original etc.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Here is my truck at 309,000 miles. I will drive it as long as it keeps going.

See less See more
Reactions: Abmobil
#3 ·
There is contact info located in the back of the owners manual. Here's an email address from the Nissan USA site.

nissanownerservices@​nissan-usa.com

Truck looks darn good for that many miles. Keep up the good work!

#4 ·
#5 ·
Wow x2. Guessing you are the original owner if you know what parts are original. Great maintenance must have a lot to do with it as well, nice job!

#6 ·
Kudos

Unfortunately the mfrs don't give a crap anymore. longevity doesn't make them money. So long lasting reputation is good. running past the warranty doesn't matter to 98% of their market.

#7 ·
Nice milestone! And I disagree, notify Nissan and see what they say, I think they WILL be interested. I have seen in recent years several manufacturers with stories of cars reaching high mileages. VW found a 1986 Golf TDI with over 562K on it! Seems there was another high mileage story with another make a couple years ago but of course can't remember details atm. It is Hell to get old...

The point is achieving mileage such as 310K speaks volumes for the quality of the original product!!! Ever see a Yugo with 310K on it??? I rest my case LOL

#16 · (Edited)
Automatic

Thanks everyone. The one big key in my opinion is that it is garaged. My girlfriend has a garage and lets me park in it when I stay at her house. She could be the one! ::grin::

#11 ·
Congrats, but if Nissan is anything like Toyota, all your going to get is a letter saying Congratulations and ask if they can use your email for PR. Not offering you anything as something for the truck or anything.

I had a '92 Toyota 1/2 ton and in '05 thought it was something that I hit 400k. The only thing was normal maintenance and one recall (when I had 250k) from them saying they might have put in the wrong head gaskets on the v-6 and replace it for free.

If they can use it for PR they might do / say more then congrats, so don't expect much else.

But you can know one thing, you were lucky to own such a dependable truck. You could have bought one that wasn't. Hope there are many more milestones ahead for you.

(and Mercedes use to advertise one of their cars with a diesel hitting 1,000,000 miles and still going strong)

#12 ·
Outstanding! Good news story right there.

#14 ·
Congratulations, that is a great milestone and hope we are all as fortunate.

Clint

#20 ·
I had a VW Scirocco with well over 300,000km, That's when the speedo died, I drove it for two more years... There is a Honda in town here at the dealer with 1,000,000 km on it. Sadly my frontier only has 80,000 and needs a new clutch/fw... I have a golf TDI that I plan to drive forever :) and I had a loaner jetta diesel from my dealer with 200,000 km that looked as if it just came off the showroom floor, Amazing!

#22 ·
I just now emailed Nissan. I will let you know what they respond. I am not expecting anything. Just wanted to let them know how great this truck has been.

#24 · (Edited)
Well, Nissan sent me a nice reply and it was not automated because it spoke of how many miles it has on it. Also, thanks 2013Pro4X for the truck of the month nomination.

Here is what Nissan said;

" Thank you for contacting Nissan North America and allowing us to be of assistance.

It is always a pleasure to hear from our customers who have taken the time to provide us with favorable comments about their vehicle. We are extremely grateful for the comments you have made about your 2001 Nissan Frontier, especially after 311,000 miles of service!

Upon review of our records, please be advised that your vehicle has the following campaigns that needs to be performed. Please bring your vehicle to your Nissan dealer, the campaigns are free of charge.

1.1999-2003 - Frontier-Xterra in Salt States Fuel Sending Unit
2. 2001-2003 - Frontier-Xterra Rear ABS Sensor-Rear Axle Housing
3. 2001 - Frontier-Xterra Fuel Tank Shutter Valve

As part of Nissan’s commitment to improving our service for every customer, you may receive a survey by e-mail in a few days. This survey is my report card and is used to assure that your concern has been addressed. Please get back to us if there is anything more we could have done to address your concerns.

Thank you again for contacting Nissan and we wish you many additional carefree miles with your 2001 Nissan Frontier.

Sincerely,

Nissan "

#25 ·
So, once you go in for the 3 recalls you will expect there to start being problems with your truck. If it is running fine, I am not sure I would bother since it has been fine for 14 years, I expect it may be fine the rest of the time you choose to keep it.

#26 ·
High mileages are also the result of safe driving. Without a responsible driver, even the best maintained and reliable vehicles don't make it very far. Bravo goreds2!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.