Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Trailer Light Issue

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  prdnme 
#1 ·
Just purchased a new utility trailer for my 2013 Frontier. When I plus in the wiring harness, all of the lights on the trailer work, except for the left-hand side lights and blinker.

The wiring on the trailer is correct and brand new and the connection between the truck and trailer wiring is fine.

Any idea why this is happening?

Josh

#2 ·
If what you state is accurate, then I would think that the only reason for all on left light to be inoperative would be lack of a ground connection (good ground) between the left tail-light housing and the metal of the trailer. You can readily try a piece of wire "jumper" from the housing (after removing the lens) and bare metal of the trailer.

If so, re-rivet or replace a screw for the housing, might need to sand away some paint to allow metal contact.

Or just return as defective, let them shop it or replace it, shouldn't be your issue if positive voltage for the left side stuff is getting to the trailer.

Anyway, if you don't have a digital multimeter and DC test light, would highly recommend. Under $20 and $10 respectively, come in real handy.

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.