TPMS Problems... - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 06:29 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
TPMS Problems...

I know i made a post about mine in the past, but it seems like every couple days theres a new post about tpms lights going off, and the same advice is given every time. i will only post about this once, hopefully the mods will sticky this as we all know nobody knows how to use a search button these days.

the weather is starting to cool down and the air much colder, especially in the mornings. the colder air has less pressure, and this affects the tire pressure aswell. what is happeneing is the air pressure is probably just above the line so to speak when it comes to pressure. it has just enough to keep the light from going off, so when the air gets cooler, the temps drop and it throws the light. in order to remedy this you can either wait till it warms up, or just put a few (2-3) more lbs in each tire. this will bump you up farther from the light's threshold, therefore allowing for the temp drops and the tire to be at optimum pressure.

furthermore, when you buy aftermarket wheels and tires, you can transfer the sensors to most new wheels. in fact many dealerships and wheel shops will transfer them for you in the name of customer service.

lastly, THE SPARE TIRE DOES NOT HAVE A SENSOR. even if it DID have one in it, it would not be read by the computer.

[/rant]

06 NISMO King Cab 4x4 Storm Grey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Sounds like a winner to me. This past Tuesday was the first rainy day in a long time, and the first time the temps didnt get out of the 70's since probably around March or April. My TPMS light came on so I checked em out. All the tires were atleast 3 to 4 pounds low and one was 5 (probably the one setting it off). Im glad they are so sensitive, I didnt expect 5 lbs to set it off. But it keeps me on top of the condition of my tires.
#3 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 03:20 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

bumpenstein.

06 NISMO King Cab 4x4 Storm Grey
#4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Shift_lurker

I live in San Francisco and the weather is pretty unpredictable here sometimes. One day it'll be around 75 and next day it'll drop to below 55...needless to say, I've had that problem a couple times.
#5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Shift_lurker

Light is ON

I don't know about cold weather!
Here in orlando the temperature during the days is in the 80's and 90's. I have checked my air pressure with different gauges, cheap and expensive ones and the tire pressure is set at 35 psi give or take one pound depending on which gauge I use and my Tire pressure light is ON. Even after running at highway speeds it is still on and the pressure goes even higher.
#6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Sounds like you need a visit to the dealer. Something is not right.

For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
#7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i do, but once i touch a 100 for about a minute it goes away! haha. that thing is soo stupid. id rather not have the added weight of those things on there. i dont need a comp to tell me my tires are low. not to mention a exclamation point flashing in orange is annoying. id air my tires up to i think it was 35(i did 36) just to b sure but not too full, and it took it almost 20 miles to go off. if/when i change rims, its going bye bye and im going to have the dealer turn it off if they can. uh trucks now days.

2006 Radiant Silver SE CC 5AT 4x4 @ 4540 Lbs. 158,000mi
Performance: UpRev Dyno Tuned (5 ECU Maps), WRP PSP - IMS - LWUD Crank Pulley, OBX Headers, Shiner Fab'd 2.25" Stainless High-flow Catalytic Converters, NRG Engine Torque Damper, Airaid CAI, Throttle Body Intercooler, Nismo 54*C Thermostat.
Suspension: OME608, Bilstein 5100, Calmini Shackles & Brake Lines, Deaver AAL, Titan Poly Sway-bar Bushings and Yokohama Geolander ATS 285/75r16D
Exterior: Shiner Fab'd Front and Rear DOM Bumpers, DIY 1.5" BL
14.506 @ 93.10 mph. 133,xxx mi. 245WHP 261WTQ & Paid Off

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ad.php?t=48787
2005 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t - TT225 fuel injectors - Motoza Tuned.
Feel free to ask me questions!
The Following User Says Thank You to shinermiller For This Useful Post:
Don50 (04-03-2013)
#8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 03:22 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

This is truly a problem for me, i like to run my stock rims/tires and then when i use my aftermarket stuff the light stays on, im going to ask the dealer to turn this trash off if at all possible
#9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 03:52 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

I had some trouble with them working lose after getting new wheels, for about a week I had to snug them up to stop them from leaking. After that no problems other than temp, so I just run about 38psi, that stopped the cold weather light.

SHOW TRUCKS SUCK !!!!!
#10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Shift_lurker

I had my tires filled with Nitrogen about 2 months ago. The light has not been on since.

2005 LE, CC

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.