Tonneau Cover Question - Page 3 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i have the extang trifecta and i love it. It is easy to install and doesnt interfere with the utilitrack system, installed in a few minutes, and best of all it folds back when you need to use the bed. very sturdy and does not flap in the wind. if you get it from auto anything dot com its free shipping and they have a bunch of specials this month especially if you call in... got mind for under 350

'06 Fontier CC - "fire engine red"

Current mods - Blacked out front grille, debadged tailgate, K&N filter, Helix TBS, TB screen removed, in-channel vent visors, extang trifecta tonneau

Future mods - front light bar, lift, superchip, crank pulley, jardine exhaust, IMS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:46 PM
Shift_Newbie

Out of curiousity will the Narva d40 factory tonneau cover work on a frontier? 2nd gen
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Shift_Newbie

I am a big fan of the Retrax cover, while being one of the more expensive covers, it is also the most versatile. The cover and tailgate work independent of each other, which is not the case with some hard covers, it locks anywhere along it's tracks making it use to lightly hold things in place. It goes on and off quickly if needed. Well constructed and UV coated.

'11 CC S Black, Line-X, Alpine HU, Alpine Sub, Rockford Fosgate speakers, MTX Amp, Custom mount Solo 2,billet antenna, hood protector, MB Wheels, Retrax cover, Hidden Hitch, factory fogs

R.I.P. and thank you for saving my life '05 KC XE Silver, Line-X, Alpine HU, Changer, Sub, Kenwood speakers, MTX Amp, Custom mount Solo 2, Manik step bars,billet antenna, hood protector, billet grilles, factory fogs, TSW 20" wheels, Toyo 255/45/20 tires, Retrax cover, Hidden Hitch
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Shift_Newbie

Garage
I have a BakFlip FiberMax and it fits great. I originally had it on my 2011 CC SB, and when I got my 2012 I just moved it onto the new one. My '11 didn't have UtiliTrak, but my new one does and it installed in about 20 minutes.

2012 Frontier CC 4x4
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Shift_Newbie

I am surprised no one mentioned the ARE hard cover.... I have it on my long bed and it's perfect no water/wind/utilitrack issues it also curves around the Nissan logo. I only made a bunji clamp to adjust the height when open and driving, so it scissor clamps PVC,2x4 etc securely to the tail gate all in all a great tonneau cover

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Shift_lurker

The Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite is another good cover, it doesn't mount into the utilitrack, but is still very secure. It latches to the truck using automotive grade striker bolts and also has a keyed locking mechanism.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.