6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tall drivers

Hi there, my wife and I have been looking at different pickups online for a while now, and we are thinking that the Frontier is the way to go, but we haven't been to see any as of yet, the closest dealer to us doesn't have any in stock right now. I was wondering if there were any tall drivers on the forum who could say what their experience is with the trucks. I am 6'5, so some vehicles are just not a very good fit for me.

Cheers.
Kevin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 09:41 AM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Thanked 1,352 Times in 846 Posts
Garage
I'm only 5'8", but... as an FYI, There are three different Seats that are available for the Frontier depending on trim level. There is a 4 way manual a 6 (or way manual and a power leather seat available. One seat may or may not allow better fit for you. Easy way to spot is The 4 way seat has only one adjuster wheel on the driver's seat bottom and the 6 (or way adjustable has two adjuster wheels.

With that said, you will have to actually sit in some trucks. Same height people can be built differently. My wife is also 5'8" but her legs are 2" longer than mine. I get In her car and I have to slide the seat up, she gets in my truck and has to slide the seat back.

The other Sean,

2011 Pro-4X CC
Overland bound #2292

See my 2011 Pro-4x build here
The Following User Says Thank You to shizzy For This Useful Post:
Yuri (03-31-2016)
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 09:44 AM
Shift_lurker

I'm 6ft. 1" and I have plenty of room. I have a 16 pro-4x without leather and the sunroof. I have about 3" of head room once I'm siting in the truck. This head room is greatly reduced if you get the sunroof. Especially in the rear.
The Following User Says Thank You to franzit For This Useful Post:
Yuri (03-31-2016)

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 10:37 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
You should fit but with the seat all the way back, the rear seat passenger won't have room.
I'm 6-1 btw.

2010 Frontier Crew Cab SE long bed 4X2, avalanche
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, LS3
The Following User Says Thank You to upflying For This Useful Post:
Yuri (03-31-2016)
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Thanks. We don't usually have passengers in the back, and if we do, my comfort is more important than there's.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 11:25 AM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've only just gotten my frontier and put a few hundred miles on it.
am 6'-7", seat needs to be most or all the way back.
Seems to fit ok and haven't noticed any problems.
My opinion may be flawed though as I'm coming from an s10.
The Following User Says Thank You to duceolsen For This Useful Post:
Yuri (03-31-2016)
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 12:22 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
I'm 6'4" and I find my Frontier more than comfortable enough for longer trips. I have a few inches of headroom and my legs don't feel cramped at all. The only times I've had an issue are the few times my wife has driven it. She never remembers to put the seat back. I find out she has left it forward when I go to get in and crack my head off the door jam. With the seat all the way back I don't have that problem when entering.
The Following User Says Thank You to walleyecrazy@gmail.com For This Useful Post:
Yuri (03-31-2016)
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 01:02 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 6'4" and LARGE... I traded an F250 Crew Cab for the 2016 Frontier SV Crew Cab. I find that I have almost as much room in the Frontier as the F250 without the climb to get in (as I get older the F250 was getting taller ;>) ). Plenty comfortable. Took an 8 hour drive (each way) about 1 month after I got it and was comfortable enough, much quieter, less operating cost...

Last edited by LunaSea; 03-31-2016 at 01:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LunaSea For This Useful Post:
Yuri (03-31-2016)
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 01:16 PM
KAB
Shift_Enthusiast
Premium Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
My advice would be to sit in the truck for AT LEAST 30 mins. straight or longer on your test drive. If I were your height I'd be hesitant, but that's just me. I'm 6'-2" with some back issues and on road trips I get pretty uncomfortable. In my case I feel a taller seat would be better for me. With this size truck the headroom would be the limiting factor for height adjustment. Compared to the Tacoma, the seat is just bit higher off the floor and to me more comfortable. I actually keep a gel seat cushion in my truck which adds maybe 1-1/2" and I have 3" to spare. Around town I'm just fine in my truck and love the way the Frontier drives and handles. Road trips require pain releivers and frequent stops. If you're under 30 with no back issues and currently drive a smaller vehicle, you may well be fine in this truck, so who am I to say. At 51 comfort has become a priority for me. Good luck!

2009 CC LB SE 4x4 Auto. Rad Silver * Suspension: TJM front ext. travel coil overs (med. duty springs) w/ 1" top plate spacer, SPC upper control arms, Old Man Emu Dakar med. duty leaf springs w/ TJM rear ext. travel shocks * Tires: Toyo Open Country AT2 265/75/16 * Wheels: Level 8 Bully Pro * A/V & Nav: Pioneer Avic 8100, Alpine pdr-v75, Alpine R components, JL Audio 10 tw-3, Alpine HCE-C125 rear view camera mounted under tailgate handle * Morimoto XB led fog lights / Beck Arnley (Titan) light stalk with fog light switch
The Following User Says Thank You to KAB For This Useful Post:
Yuri (03-31-2016)
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments. I am definitely going to be sitting in one for a while before making a purchase. Right now I drive a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4 door and love it! (Yes, I am one of those Jeep people). It is a very roomy vehicle and the sitting position is really nice. KAB, I am early 40's and unfortunately I have back issues as well, but we are very use to having frequent stops on the road.

Thanks again!

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.