SnugTop HiLiner Topper - Requesting Pics & Info - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SnugTop HiLiner Topper - Requesting Pics & Info

Hey All,

Just picked up a '13 Pro-4X CC this past weekend, and am now shopping for a topper. I know this topic has been covered extensively, but I'm still having a hard time find info I'm looking for.

I want a mid-high rise (yeah, I know they don't look as cool as cap-high), and am wondering specifically about the SnugTop Hiliner model. Can anyone who has one please post some pictures and a few words of review?

Seems like most people have put either the A.R.E. MX or Leer 180 on their trucks, but the Snug Hi Liner seems to be a rare species for some reason...?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 05:07 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy's Innerwebs View Post

Seems like most people have put either the A.R.E. MX or Leer 180 on their trucks, but the Snug Hi Liner seems to be a rare species for some reason...?

Thanks!
It's a regional thing. Snugtop doesn't ship east of the Missisippi (or at least they didn't when I was looking for a cap). I had a Snugtop on my old truck (purchased in California), and it was very durable. Comparable to a Leer or ARE in my opinion.

Vic

#3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

Thanks!
I have a Century Ultra (Leer 180 Clone), so not exactly what your looking for but I believe the reasoning why the Snugtop's are rarer is because they are much higher priced than the others mentioned. This is at least what I found when looking for a shell.

2007 KC NISMO-4X Auto Jan 2013 TOTM Desert Camping Truck Round 2
2005 KC SE Auto 4x2 Totaled, missed, loved Desert Camping Truck Round 1
Comprehensive DIY Audio Research/Install Guide
#4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Almost looks like the liftgate has a tailgate spoiler solution?

Last edited by Suzokie; 09-05-2013 at 01:06 PM.
#5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzokie View Post

Almost looks like the liftgate has a tailgate spoiler solution?
Perfect, thanks much!

Thats what I needed to see to confirm that the snugtop is what I want (price notwithstanding). Around Denver, looks like the snugtop will cost me a couple hundred more than the ARE or Leer, and I'm inclined to think its worth the extra cost.
#6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Might be speaking the obvious, could be news to somebody, but all camper/topper/shell/lid dealers are negotiators, just like a car dealer. Their asking price should be considered a starting point. Chances are slim they'll have your unit in your color sitting there - you most likely are going to have to order it and wait a few weeks And when doing so, be informed about whats available and what you order -- ie: do you need a sliding front window? You really need or want screens on the side? Interior lights are cool, but not for $300. My unfortunate experience is they want to sell them "fully loaded"...

I'd recommend finding an out of the way dealer for the best price & service.
#7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

snug top

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjmvjm View Post
It's a regional thing. Snugtop doesn't ship east of the Missisippi (or at least they didn't when I was looking for a cap). I had a Snugtop on my old truck (purchased in California), and it was very durable. Comparable to a Leer or ARE in my opinion.

Vic
I live in Florida and Snug top shipped to me

Quote:
Hey All,

Just picked up a '13 Pro-4X CC this past weekend, and am now shopping for a topper. I know this topic has been covered extensively, but I'm still having a hard time find info I'm looking for.

I want a mid-high rise (yeah, I know they don't look as cool as cap-high), and am wondering specifically about the SnugTop Hiliner model. Can anyone who has one please post some pictures and a few words of review?

Thanks!
To install one on a 2013....you'll have to remove the spoiler......if you want to sell it, hit me up, i'm a buyer

Last edited by hightechredneck1956; 09-05-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
#8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 10:46 PM
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightechredneck1956 View Post

To install one on a 2013....you'll have to remove the spoiler......if you want to sell it, hit me up, i'm a buyer
cool, I'll definitely sell the spoiler once I get the topper on there. Should take about 3 weeks.

FWIW, if anyone is looking to buy one of these toppers, I ended up getting it for a great price from A&A Toppers in Lakewood, CO. Out the door price was $1611. And as another price reference, I could have gotten the ARE MX out the door for $1475. I thought it was worth spending the extra $136 on the SnugTop. Some places I called wanted close to $2k for a SnugTop HiLiner.

Last edited by Sammy's Innerwebs; 09-05-2013 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
#9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Shift_Newbie

Toppers and tonneaus are ridiculously overpriced the past few years

David
2013 Nissan Frontier SV CC VP Brilliant Silver
Tint Fr Windows 50%
More to come
#10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHowie View Post
Toppers and tonneaus are ridiculously overpriced the past few years
For sure. I really wanted to put a topper on my truck but I wasn't going to drop $1k+ for a new one. I got lucky and snatched a nice ARE off craigslist for $300. My truck is night armor and the topper was a different color gray but it's close enough for me considering the cost savings.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.