Replacing License Plate Bulb - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Shift_Newbie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Replacing License Plate Bulb

My left license plate bulb is burned out so I decided to replace the right one as well. I could reach my hand up there to remove the right socket no problem. How in the world do you get at the left one though? Seems like my factory installed hitch is in the way for me to reach up there and grab hold of it. Didn't spend much time investigating as it was too darn cold yesterday. Can it be done without removing any hitch stuff? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

You shouldn't have to reach your hand up there at all. You can remove them from the bumper. Carefully..... Slide the housing either backwards or forward (i cant remember) and lift outward.

2012 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4x4

OEM Bed extender, 35% Window Tint, Morimoto 6000k HID Kit, Nokya 2500k Fogs, Grill Mod with LED's mounted behind, PRG Mini-Lift, DIY 1" Body Lift, 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's, custom Magnaflow catback exhaust, K&N Drop-in Filter.
The Following User Says Thank You to mpbclutch33 For This Useful Post:
ToddG (01-30-2013)
#3 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 11:29 AM
Shift_Newbie

Well the owners manual shows to access from inside the rear bumper by twisting the bulb socket assembly to the left and pulling out. So are you saying to remove the plastic lens assembly from the front of the bumper allowing access to the bulb? Thanks.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Yup! That's what I just did on my 2012 this week to replace with LED's.

OEM Bed extender, 35% Window Tint, Morimoto 6000k HID Kit, Nokya 2500k Fogs, Grill Mod with LED's mounted behind, PRG Mini-Lift, DIY 1" Body Lift, 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's, custom Magnaflow catback exhaust, K&N Drop-in Filter.
#5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Shift_Newbie

Thanks. Just went out and did it. Boy was that easy. What a dope I am for trying the other way. It was 60 degrees outside...good day to do it as not to snap any frozen brittle little plastic tabs. Thanks again mpbclutch33
#6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 03:08 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

NP! Glad it worked out and you didn't break any.

#7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 05:19 AM
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbclutch33 View Post
Yup! That's what I just did on my 2012 this week to replace with LED's.
Nice! I have been wanting to do this to my 2007 frontier.

Does anyone know the bulb size amd where to purchase the bulbs from for a good price?
#8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 08:55 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More Online Shopping | eBay

http://dx.com/

or you can be like some others and pay 20X more at a specialty website selling the same product bc if you pay more for the same thing it has to be better
#9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 09:50 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quick note on these bulbs... I went to a local O'Reilly's auto parts and they were not out on the shelf with the rest of the bulbs. Normally I would've left and went somewhere else assuming they didn't have them, but I stopped to shoot the breeze with one of the guys and mentioned it. He took the number and retrieved them from behind the counter. So if you don't see them, ask.

[SIZE="1"]2007 CC LB SE 4x4 6spd: PRG 2.0 Radflos and Bilstein 5125's w/ OME Dakar Leaf Pack - Firestone Ride-Rites - Griffin Aluminum Radiator - Tekonsha P3 Electric Brake Controller - Pioneer AVIC F90BT - Soundstream Components and 3 Ways - Extang Fulltilt Tonneau - OEM Roof Rack - Bridgestone Revo2's LT265/75R16's - 2010 SE Wheels - AC Extended Brake Lines - Heated Mirror Mod - Tint - 112,000 miles

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.