Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonora View Post
It would be VERY VERY helpful if people making the 20+ 4X4 MPG claim would tell us if they are using crap "corn gas" or not.
I am and I have, although The lift cost me a little in the gas mileage dept. Speed makes a huge difference.

2011 SV Crew Cab long bed 4x4 Purchased 4/13/11 Totaled 10/14/13
Lifetime fuel info
total miles 68390, 224 fillups, Total gallons used 4021, Total spent on fuel 13411.00 Lifetime mpg 17.

2013 Sv Crew Cab long bed with Sv utility Package Purchased 10-24-13

Mods
Truxedo Truxport Tonno
Window tint
Custom utilitrack mount for side toolbox
tractor supply side toolbox and xover chest
Scanguage
Fyrefly White LED dome and map lights
Hypertech (if they ever get it to work on a 13)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
Wow, Im sick of people who dont do there research, buy a vehicle and ***** about it. This happens so often I wonder what the hell most people do to earn/get handed there money. These trucks dont get great mileage but it is better then older V8's. The advantage is the size, its smaller and fits in tight spots. Yet still has a boat load of power. Period. Why turn to other for help. Chalk it up as a loss and buy your fullsize, just dont hate on these wicked trucks.

2007 Black LE 4x4 CC LBPaid Off.
265 70 R17 BFG AT's 2in leveling kit
Superchips Cortex, Banks Monster Exhaust, K&N FIPK, Warn S650D RC'd driving lights mounted to Yakima Loadwarrior basket, Optima yellow top, Amsoil Synthetic fluids, Axle Vent Mod, Bak tonneau cover, ToolBox, 4pc Billet Grill, in-Channel Visors, 5% tint rear, 20% front, Pioneer DVD, Clarion 260wComp-Set front, MTX 800w Hammer Amp, MTX 400wShallowSUB/Custom underseat Box, Sirius Sat
The Following User Says Thank You to 4floored For This Useful Post:
Rico22 (12-01-2012)
post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4floored View Post
Wow, Im sick of people who dont do there research, buy a vehicle and ***** about it. This happens so often I wonder what the hell most people do to earn/get handed there money. These trucks dont get great mileage but it is better then older V8's. The advantage is the size, its smaller and fits in tight spots. Yet still has a boat load of power. Period. Why turn to other for help. Chalk it up as a loss and buy your fullsize, just dont hate on these wicked trucks.

Dang, get the sand out of your vagina. More than likely I'm just having buyers remorse about spending 20+ thousand dollars. I never said anything about hating the truck.

Thank you to everyone for their input.
post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 01:27 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven50rider View Post
Dang, get the sand out of your vagina. More than likely I'm just having buyers remorse about spending 20+ thousand dollars. I never said anything about hating the truck.

Thank you to everyone for their input.
I get buyers remorse every time I buy anything over 500 dollars it passes though.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 02:17 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes View Post
My mods are in my sig, I have only once or twice used non-ethanol fuel in the trucks life (that I am aware of). Keep the speed at the limit, the truck will reward you. This is highway driving, not the city. I still will get around 20mpg with a 30city/70hwy mix of driving when I am on my sales route...

How many miles do you have on your Frontier?

Hmmm. My owner's manual says explicitly NOT to use ethanol blend. A difference between '06 and '12 model years maybe?

post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 04:34 AM
Shift_Hardcore
Premium Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ehhh. I love my full size and my Frontier. Throw a 3" lift and 33s on the Frontier and it will have the same feel. I like how the Frontier can "look" like a full size but the feel is much more responsive and maneuverable. Just spend more money and you feel better

post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Sell it

I bought a jeep rubicon, what a piece of junk, kept if for 2 years, did all the difficult trails i could find in colorado, and then sold it and got a frontier king cab 4x4. problem solved.

sell your truck and get what you want....take the loss and dont look back

fenderworks
Glenwood springs, Colorado.
2005 Frontier se 4x4, king cab, 6 speed, 80,000 miles.
5 Piece Hefty Skid Plates.
Hefty Sliders. BFG AT KO 265 75 16.
WeatherTech mats.
2012 Polaris Rzr 570...stock

Next thing: 2" suspension lift
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4floored View Post
Great point!

I could have bought a Titan for the same price as my Frontier because of the discount. I traded out of a 1 ton Ford with the V10 engine. I tow a 2400# boat. The Frontier doesn't tow as well. I didn't expect that it would, but it tows just fine. I put brakes on the trailer. The Ford rode like the truck it was. We also wanted a vehicle we could travel in. I got the crew cab. It rides like a limosine in comparison. We had to rent cars to travel in because the Ford rode so rough and my wife has back problems. We both love the Frontier. It has a GREAT ride. She calls it "adorable". I guess it is in comparison.

If you want a big truck, go buy one.
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1tosh View Post
Hmmm. My owner's manual says explicitly NOT to use ethanol blend. A difference between '06 and '12 model years maybe?

I think he means 100% pure gasoline, not the garbage stuff you find almost every where now that contains up to 10% Ethanol, and now they are soon to be pushing 15% Ethanol onto us, and no vehicle manufacturer is happy about it due to the problems Ethanol causes in fuel systems.

I used to have a 2004 F-150 that I LOVED(bought in 2009 for 6800$ 4x4 extended cab, I literally STOLE the thing at that price), for some reason I traded it in(I was 21 years old, fresh out of boot camp on my own with money....)towards a 2010 Ford Fusion.. No clue why now that I look back, maybe the looks or the fancy interior compared to my crappy near work truck interior of the F-150.

Anyways I kept that car for a year abouts(regretted it after it finally sank in I got rid of my truck), then traded it in for my Frontier(both the Japanese mid size trucks have always been my favorite by FAR). I have adored this truck ever since I bought it, but I still wish I had my F-150 ONLY because it was about to be paid off.. needless to say after all that trading, I realized my biggest mistake was the negative equity I accumulated, and now Im paying for it quite literally.

If I was to do it again after owning a full size pickup that was unnecessary to say the least, Id either get a Titan since they are dirt cheap, or Tundra over anything else(I have a family now). Honestly though it was much more truck than needed, and this Frontier is far more nimble and as useful as my F-150 was, makes more power than that thing did(4.6L V-8 ), and fits 2 baby seats perfectly in my CC.

Something to think about(Im sure you're probably not anywhere near my position though, the negative equity is killer).

2011 CC Auto. Pro-4X

Last edited by feyded; 12-02-2012 at 10:32 PM.
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1tosh View Post
you're allowed up to 10%. I only use ethanol blend fuel when I have to.

00KCDRXE
13CC4x4SV

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.