Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Recommendationa

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  ChrisTombstone 
#1 ·
I'm looking to add some step rails and some in channel rain guards. I've looked around for the step rails but want some real world recommendations. As far as the rain guards are concerned, I saw someone post a while back that the ones they bought... Kept the rear windows from rolling up all the way. Maybe it was an install issue, or an actual equipment issue, I don't know. And help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I installed the Nissan OE step rails on my '06. They were a cinch to install and are of high quality.

#3 ·
What kind of activities are you doing with your truck? I'm about to add the OEM step rails to my truck, but only because I got the dealer to throw them in as part of the sale. Everything I've read online says that they don't do much in terms of off road protection. That said, they do look a bit nicer than off-road rails and should hold up just fine on a street truck IMO.

#9 ·
I bought an OEM set in graphite (medium-darkish gray) from a CFer. Thinking they compliment my Brilliant Silver KC nicely.
As a few others have testified, step rails/sliders can assist in more comfortably entering the cab.
Not for sure if they've ever been 'OEM black'? Maybe? Not ringing a bell at the moment. Would rather have had black if it is/was available, fwiw.

#10 ·
I just purchased/installed Lund 4" ovals in black. $175 shipped on Amazon. Quality product, with only negative being that the mounting hardware doesn't fit. Nut, lock washer, and flat washer together are too much for the stock bolts. Aside from that, good deal and good price.

I've also had AVS in-channel visors for a few weeks now. No significant issue on fit. Need to go back and add an inch or so of additional 3M tape to one of the rear visors. Otherwise, windows close plenty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
X2 on NFAB bars if that's the look you are after. I had purchased the OEM bars but was disappointed to find they were plastic - had my N-fab bars re-powder coated a textured black vs. the gloss it came in.

Attachments

#18 ·
I'm currently looking at two options. First off, I was very against putting running boards on the truck because I do very minor offroading. Not even for fun, but I own property in the mountains and it's a straight dirt road all the way through. Though, I don't do much besides that. I like having the clearance without them, and to be frank, I don't need the running boards. Though for aesthetic looks all around, I've fallen to being about ready to buy a set.

I'm currently looking at these

I WILL say that I have had a past with this company, Tyger Auto. Not a sponsor or being paid to say that these guys make quality aftermarket parts. Though, I either want the Star Armour steps, or on the same link, click on the Blades. I like the blades because they are very low profile. Though, the blades mounting bracket (not welded directly to the steps) looks to be separate which decreases it's sturdiness. On the other side, the Star Armour is welded on, are sturdy looking, though I lose a ton of clearance compared to the Blades. Whenever I get around to purchasing whichever set, I will make an update thread so I can give my honest opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.