Rattle under driver's side dash. Anyone else experience this? - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rattle under driver's side dash. Anyone else experience this?

Over the summer it only happened when the interior was hot from sitting in the sun all day. Once the AC cooled it down the rattle would go away. Now that it's cool out it's happening when the interior warms up from the heat.

I haven't looked for the culprit yet but it sounds like a loose wire tapping against something. Just seeing if you guys have heard of this before and can point me in the right direction immediately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Location: Fort Riley, Kansas (But hail from the great state of Louisiana!!)
I have noticed a kind of tapping/clicking sound recently...I cant tell if its up under my dash, or in the front end somewhere, but it does seem to be on the drivers side.....started about a week ago...or thats when I first noticed it anyway. I can only hear it if the radio is not on, it occurs in road changes like small bumps and things...not sure where to even begin. This sound similar to yours?

"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon manner, you command the attention of the world"

2008 NISMO Crew Cab
Leveling Spacer, Plasti-Dipped Rims, Blacked out tint all around, Flowmaster 40, AFE Intake & Throttle Body Spacer 265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer STT's
#3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampymedic89 View Post
I have noticed a kind of tapping/clicking sound recently...I cant tell if its up under my dash, or in the front end somewhere, but it does seem to be on the drivers side.....started about a week ago...or thats when I first noticed it anyway. I can only hear it if the radio is not on, it occurs in road changes like small bumps and things...not sure where to even begin. This sound similar to yours?
Yes but mine is clearly inside the cabin in/under the dash somewhere.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Shift_lurker

I think I found the source. You're looking at the ebrake cable and where it is attached via plastic clip to a metal bracket. It's not snug and subject to rattle. I'll wrap it in duck tape when I get home and see if it goes away.

#5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to 1stNISSAN
Yes I had the rattle too. I kicked that area a few times and it went away <---- true story.
#6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Premium Member

Thanked 1,048 Times in 659 Posts
i don't know. i can't hear anything over the exhaust and my tires when i turn the radio down

i like 1stNissan's remedy though
how those wheels/tires working out for you?

2014 Pro-4x Graphite Blue:
Radflo 2.0s w/650# springs, PRG UCAs, 285/75/16 Toyo MTs, Deaver AALs, 5125s, BDGT, Airaid Quickfit CAI, WRP crank pulley, Magnaflow ss 15580, Shrock front winch bumper, sliders and t-case skid, X2O 8 Comp, Factor 55 Pro Link, BTF diff cover, 20" LED light bar, LED map, lic, cargo and BU light conversion, 7-pin relocation, Cobra LX 29 cb

Coming soon:
DT shorties, new DB kit, custom rear suspension goodies from the old rig and everything else...

Nomad's Next Generation
Nomad's Custom BBQ Build You will be missed RIP
DB Lifts; The Good The Bad and The Ugly
#7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to 1stNISSAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad 13 View Post
i don't know. i can't hear anything over the exhaust and my tires when i turn the radio down

i like 1stNissan's remedy though
how those wheels/tires working out for you?
I love the wheels. I didn't realize tire shops chareged a grip to swap tpms sensors... I ended up almost paying $100 at discount tire to swap tpms out. However, that $100 included lifetime balance, rotation, and flat repairs. Thanks again, love the wheels, probaly never gonna get rid of them.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.