Programming keyless entry remote for silent mode. - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Programming keyless entry remote for silent mode.

I bought a new remote for 2005 frontier and programmed it yesterday. No problems using the instructions. Doors unlock and lock fine.
The problem is that the horn honks when I unlock the doors which I hate. Everything I have read and even in the owner's manual it says to hold both the lock and unlock buttons down at the same time. I have tried this many times (varying the time between 2 seconds up to about 10 seconds). Nothing seems to silent the horn chirp.
Also, when I hold down the unlock button it says it should roll down the window...this doesn't work either, but I would really like to get that horn to quit that ignoring honk.

Any ideas?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

You should never get a horn chirp on unlock, it is selectable on lock. Not sure that chirp on unlock is a factory option, someone may have stuck something aftermarket in the trucks wiring in the past?

The windows roll down by holding unlock only applies to the Pathfinder version of the small trucks. One remote, multiple applications. Your truck does not have the hardware for that to work. Only works if both front windows have the "auto up" feature from the factory. No, auto down does not count.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Shift_lurker

Thanks V8 man,
Sorry, my mistake....you are correct, I get the horn chirp when I LOCK the doors not unlock.
I did try it with one door open and indeed it did not chirp as another thread had. So I guess if I don't want it to chirp I will just lock the doors while I have my door open.

Thanks for clarifying the window issue.

Any other ideas to silence the chirp on the door lock, please let me know. Like I said, I've tried holding down both lock/unlock buttons at the same time with probaby 20 different time periods and nothings seems to work.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Shift_Obsessed

the method you describe is the proper way to silence the horn.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 1,823 Times in 1,135 Posts
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to x_mods
You have to hold both buttons at the same time until the turn signals flash. They should flash two or three times I think, just like if your hazards were on..

-Nate
#6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_mods View Post
You have to hold both buttons at the same time until the turn signals flash. They should flash two or three times I think, just like if your hazards were on..
What he said...

2014 Pro-4x CC Graphite Blue:
Radflo 2.0s w/650# springs, PRG UCAs, 285/75/16 Toyo MTs, Deaver AALs, 5125s, BDGT, Airaid Quickfit CAI, WRP crank pulley, JBA 1410s shorties, Magnaflow ss 15580, Shrock front bumper, sliders and skids, X2O 8 Comp, Factor 55 Pro Link, BTF diff cover, 20" LED bar, LED HL, map, lic, cargo and BU light conversion, 7-pin relocation, Cobra LX 29 cb

Coming soon:
New DB kit, custom rear suspension goodies from the old rig and whatever else I can't live without...

Nomad's Next Generation
Nomad's Custom BBQ Build You will be missed RIP
DB Lifts; The Good The Bad and The Ugly
#7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Shift_lurker

I tried holding both buttons at the same time for up to 20 seconds and still nothing, no hazards flash. Should be just a few seconds correct?
#8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 1,823 Times in 1,135 Posts
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to x_mods
For me it has always been more like 10 seconds or so. How far are you away from the truck when you do this?

-Nate
#9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkiely View Post
I tried holding both buttons at the same time for up to 20 seconds and still nothing, no hazards flash. Should be just a few seconds correct?
correct. just to be clear, you're holding the lock and unlock buttons at the same time and not the panic button or something? and you are actually standing next to your truck?
if it's not working you either have a key fob issue or a BCM issue. see your dealer

2014 Pro-4x CC Graphite Blue:
Radflo 2.0s w/650# springs, PRG UCAs, 285/75/16 Toyo MTs, Deaver AALs, 5125s, BDGT, Airaid Quickfit CAI, WRP crank pulley, JBA 1410s shorties, Magnaflow ss 15580, Shrock front bumper, sliders and skids, X2O 8 Comp, Factor 55 Pro Link, BTF diff cover, 20" LED bar, LED HL, map, lic, cargo and BU light conversion, 7-pin relocation, Cobra LX 29 cb

Coming soon:
New DB kit, custom rear suspension goodies from the old rig and whatever else I can't live without...

Nomad's Next Generation
Nomad's Custom BBQ Build You will be missed RIP
DB Lifts; The Good The Bad and The Ugly
#10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Shift_lurker

I have tried inside the truck, 1 foot outside the truck, 5 feet from the truck.

Yes, holding both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons (not the panic button). Yeah, something must be broke on mine.

Last edited by bkiely; 11-08-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.