12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Positive Ownership Thread!

Ok , so I don't get by here as much as I used to . but I do , it increasingly seems like I'm on a Yugo forum with all the griping about Frontiers. i.e. More and more of anoying rattle, squeek, gas mileage, tire, timeing chain, tailgate,TPS and "ash tray is full so I'm upgrading to a V8 Titan" threads. How would any potential frontier buyer ever guess what a great truck this is?

So I figure I'll start a thread to coax some positive feedback on our Frontiers.

I've had my 07 LE CC4x4 for over two years now and am still in love with it. No issues, noises, failing parts, wearing tires or crooked dealer complaints. She still looks and rides great and draws compliments from people. I'm getting 20+/- MPG on regular and yet has more than enough power to tow my boat and/or pass on a up hill grade. Size is a nice ballance of comfort , utility and menuverability. I'd even order the short bed again as it does everything I need it to do but allows for much easier parking. All in all, I'd buy another Frontier in a heart beat and sadly look ahead to the day when I hit my self imposed 150K mi / 7-8 yr manditory, "Gotta trade it in" mark.

If you still love yours, please keep the thread going. If you don't , there are plenty of other threads here to keep you from feeling left out.

07 Frontier LE, 4x4, Crew Cab, Short Bed, Avalanche White.
Mods: Access Lorado Tonneau, Raamat sound deadener, Custom Audio (JVC KW-XR810, XM, Ipod, Pioneer D702P, CDT HD-62, Infinity Ref, Alpine PDX4.100, Profile AP400 & PioneerTS-SW841D (front seat sub) Remote Start, Yakathule Racks, OEM All Season Mats, Coverking Neosupreme seat covers, Silverstar Ultra Headlights,fog light overide. LED Back-ups, 13" Rubber Antenna, EZDown Gate Dampener, Light Buster hitch light, modified tiedowns, waterproof bedlight.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to WeeHooker For This Useful Post:
adam_steinbring (03-11-2014), bigjohn1139 (08-13-2010), bubbajones78 (05-01-2011), drydockinn (02-04-2014), firemedic269 (05-19-2010), Gitgasm (09-08-2010), H Town (01-04-2010), lablancjc (10-21-2010), Mellow (10-08-2013), OkieScot (09-25-2009), RaginRabbi (09-24-2009), randyjay (12-15-2010), Rico22 (10-10-2011), ScottB1982 (10-03-2011), spritzspritz (07-01-2014), Thebonesfronty (01-25-2015), tjh (10-15-2009), troutslayer (02-11-2013), Zero Six LE (09-23-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gti16vman
Good idea for a thread. That is something about forums, a lot of people come looking for them with the problems.

I got mine in Feb of last year, and have put over 23k miles on it. So far, no major issues to report. 5W30 full synthetic and OEM filter every 5-7k, changed the rear end fluid once, going to drain and fill the tranny soon, and replaced the cabin filters. Have not had to do anything else, even has the stock battery still. Overall, I love this truck for many of the same reasons WeeHooker states. It is a nice midsize truck, which makes it easy to get around, has enough room for a car seat in the back (which will be installed soon), and looks great. Have spent way too much on mods (said I wasn't going to do anything to this one), but I would more than likely come right back to Nissan if I needed another truck.

Seth
06 Frontier SE Crew Cab
10 VW Passat Wagon
The Following User Says Thank You to gti16vman For This Useful Post:
WAS (12-22-2016)
post #3 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Shift_Hardcore
Premium Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to domoMKIV
I haven't had mine very long but I still love the hell out of it. Last time I was this happy about a vehicle was when I had my M3 (different reasons, of course).

post #4 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ive had my truck from new in 2005 got it with 9 miles on it and I still love my truck. It gets me around just fine and pulls my rhino and quads with no issues at all. Only had 1 issue in 4 years and was something with the eletronic stuff under the hood. I would buy another one if I needed another mid size truck without hesitation.

05 CC Frontier Nismo 4x4
PRG Lift(3"/1.5"), 2% tint all the way around, Vision Warriors, 285/75/16 Kuhmo MT KL71's
Weld It, Grind It, Paint It, Pimp It!

post #5 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
2009 Frontier, PRO-4X, 4x4, KC, 4.0 V6, 6-SPEED

I love this truck!
I have owned an '86.5 SE-V6, 4x4, KC Hardbody, a '95 XE-V6, 4x4 KC Hardbody and a '05 SE, 4x4, KC Titan.
I only have 3,000 miles to date, but this is where I'm coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple S View Post
I just did the 3,500 mile oil change 2-weekends ago. By the time my Titan had 3,000 miles it had gone back to the dealer for four times to try and solve the leaking tranny/transfer case which by the way was still leaking, the rear pinion seal had been replaced, the power steering fluid lines were leaking and had to be replaced, all four tires were replaced due to damage caused by the factory, and the oil filter had been so over torqued at the factory I almost had to resort to the screwdriver and hammer method of removal. To date, Frontier reliability, and Titan reliability are not at all the same.
Consider me a very happy owner.

Triple S • SILLY SUBSTANDARD SLUSHBOXES
2009 PRO-4X KC 6-SPEED MANUAL WITHOUT VDC
post #6 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Shift_Hardcore
Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to ratsworld
I've had multiple issues with my truck, and i've owned it since new. but 95% of all the issues are ones i caused because i beat the ever lovin hell out of it . best truck i think you can get, without going full-size!!

post #7 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Shift_lurker

Garage
I still love my 98 Frontier, thats the reason I am replacing her heart!

98 Nissan Frontier XE 4x4 extended cab, m5
150k miles and still counting....
post #8 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I love my truck! I've put on almost 60,000 miles and am amazed at how well it has held up.

'007 2wd Nismo; Titan swap (5" lift with swayaway coilovers featuring PRG custom valving), Superchips tuned, penski61 custom sliders, volant cai, nismo catback, 350Z tstat swap,
post #9 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

'08 Frontier SE Crew Cab
22k miles on it

Love it to death!

Hood bumpers squeaked, so I adjusted them - no problem anymore
Left turn signal didn't cancel, took it in for warranty - no problem anymore

16-17mpg city with my lead foot.

Great truck, wife loves it too.

2008 Frontier SE 4x4 Crew Cab Short Bed - SOLD
Storm Grey
Lots of mods
post #10 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Shift_Enthusiast
Lifetime Member

All I can say is after owning an American mid sized truck and going on "those" forums, our forum is more full of mods than probs. Believe me, the issues we are having are nothing in comparison, either in frequency, or severity. I agree that sometimes that stuff comes out a lot in forums tho. I think cause people are trying to be more savvy and take care of things themselves rather than running to the dealership for every little thing, paying exhorbitent money at the "stealerships", and god knows what a great resource forums are... I finally went Nissan after "dealing" with GM for over 20 yrs. and all the nickel-and-dime quality corner cutting crap, because a few years ago I talked the G/F into buying an Xterra when she was looking for just a car. She was impressed from the first minute she needed room for stuff and 4wd to get out of a couple of tight spots in the winter and the fact that it always works... She's hooked, and is already thinkin bout the day she can get a new one... ( she has total radio envy btw cuz mines got the Rockford-n-bluetooth. lol) After driving her truck with 120k plus I was also impressed by the way the thing still worked like new. Never fought, always starts, doesn't squeek or rattle like the GM's I've owned at the same mileage, looks great, and EVERYTHING still works. etc. etc. I figured what the hell, I'll do a Frontier. I have been exceptionally happy so far. This things got it all over so many other brands in total package "goodness" without the "upstairs" attitude.. It does WAY more right than wrong to the point it's almost funny why it took me so long to come around in the first place. (stubborn patriot). To think of all the crap I was dealing with before the Fronty... I also like that it's the "Dark Horse" of the import market, and doesn't come with the snobbery or "grey haired" civility of Honda (which still has yet to make a REAL truck) and Toyota. It's a brand that has a little "F- the man " still in it. I'm happy as hell w/mine. I almost feel weird NOT having it to the dealer for a problem yet. lol. But I can't think of a better package that serves all my needs for the money. period.

2011 Super Black PRO-4X lux pkg... Nerfs, Undercover tonneau, Nismo CAI.

Last edited by Duke Of Taint; 09-23-2009 at 09:28 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Duke Of Taint For This Useful Post:
J11PRO4X (08-28-2013), joeroy (08-13-2015), NissanPowerBaby!!! (04-03-2011), randyjay (12-15-2010), runningman1 (09-20-2013), troutslayer (11-12-2013)

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.