Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Odd bed extender question

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  jebova2301 
#1 ·
I cant find an answer, so I am asking you guys for help. All i need is for someone to measure the size of the little posts on the bed extender that go into the brackets on the side of the truck. I have stumbled across a bed extender from a tacoma that will be wide enough, but I need to be sure the posts are the same size. From my measurements, they are roughly 0.74 inches on on the round portion, and 0.52 inches where that rounded part is notched to be flat. If they are the same size, I am ordering the brackets tomorrow and going to finally have a bed extender.

I am attaching a picture so people can see what part my measurements came from. It is the part where i put the red line through(not the bigger part at the very edge)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you. After remeasuring, my

flats are between .518 and .519
across the rounds are between .737 and .741 depending on location
width is .307

Sounds like it should be close enough to fit. I can't see the tolerances being so tight that less than 3 hundredths of an inch won't work. Even if the round ones are a tad big, thats nothing some sandpaper cant fix.

Thanks again!

#6 ·
Even if it is a tight fit, sandpaper can always do work. I bet it is going to fit just fine, though. Did yours happen to have a brand on the inside of the black plastic pieces? The one I have is an AMP research bed extender, but i saw a picture of a frontier that had the same brand, so i am wondering if they make it and nissan just puts their name on it like toyota did with the toyota sticker on there. if so, i would imagine the size differences are just the molding not being the exact same every time.

#9 ·
I had already adjusted it to be wide enough(56.5 inches as per the Nissan install paper), but wasnt sure if the posts that went into the brackets were the same size. Mathster measured his, and they seem to be the same size. I am ordering the brackets after christmas, so I will know for sure pretty soon lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.