Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Nissan Part# for rubber bed to cab seals

8K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Wet Dog 
#1 ·
When I was at the dealer last week I see that some but not all the newer Frontier's have a rubber seal/barrier that slides over the lip of the forward edge of the pickup bed in the space adjacent to the cab. Perhaps a wind barrier or splash suppressor/minimizer.

I should have asked parts while I was there. I did some research and looked at a number of part diagrams but could not locate them in the part breakdowns. I also saw a truck that had lesser ones that were shorter and did not have the outer flap. I am looking for the ones that travel the length of the bed adjacent to the cab with the rubber flap on them. Anyone happen to know the part number on these or where I might find it?

Any additional info will be appreciated. Thanks.

#3 ·
Yes they are, if that is there intent Nissan is sure reaching. Just don't see a vast improvement in aerodynamics with them in place.

I think that they fill that large gap well and may prevent some bed to cab damage in extreme flex conditions. I would also like the forward smaller mud/stone guards but I don't think they will work on my 2012 as there is a bracket in the wheel well that they mount to that does not look removable.

#4 ·
According to a Nissan press release, they showed up for the 2013 model year. They were a part of an effort to increase fuel economy. The tailgate spoiler, cab/bed air deflector, front air dam, etc. all got added and the engine got improvements to reduce friction.

It's interesting how parts like this are hit or miss on trucks though. It's kind of like the cabin air filters...some trucks got them and some didn't, even among the same trim packages.

#5 ·
If you are looking for the rubber strip between the cab and bed, try this number
938G6-9BF0A (Crew Cab)
938G6-9BF0B (King Cab)

This is supposed to be for the part running down the back side of the cab. Also, I think this is per side, so you would need 2.

#7 ·
When I bought my truck back in Oct I just got one on the passenger side and not on the drivers side. Took me a couple weeks to notice... I searched high and low for the part number and could never find it... even calling the dealership they didn't know what I was talking about until I emailed over some pictures. It seems to be a highly confidential secret for some stupid reason.

#10 ·
I placed an order for the rear side seals based on my research and the part numbers provided above. There was no number nor is there one that runs horizontally along the top edge of the bed. I don't see how you would attach it if it did exist.

Came to like $39 shipped. Called my local Nissan dealer but they wanted $20 + for each so I just ordered them elsewhere.

I liked the way they looked on the trucks on the dealer's lot when I was milling around waiting for my vehicle to be serviced.

#14 ·
Can someone post pictures

I have a 2015 and I don't think it came with the seals being discussed, but I'd like to see how they look to be sure.

#16 ·
Received and installed them on the 2012 CC. I like the way they look. I have the Nissan bed liner and a tonneau cover so I don't really need the one that goes horizontal along the forward edge of the bed. Ice and snow get trapped in there as it is in the winter months and crunch against the cab. I did not notice any with the horizontal ones at the dealership. That being said I was not looking there specifically.

I would like to get the small splash guards for the front of the rear wheel well but it looks like the mounting points are integral to the bed itself and not an add on.

#20 ·
Received and installed them on the 2012 CC. I like the way they look.
My '15 SV does not have them installed at all.
~ Where did you order yours from, Frzinvt?
~ Are they color-matched to truck color?

Like you, I don't want the top horizontal one...just the two vertical ones.

Easy install?
TIA

#22 ·
Once I had the part number I just searched the web to find them at the best price. Local dealer wanted over $20 apiece for them. They are black and only come in black I suppose you could try vinyl or plastic paint on them but the black looks fine to me. Super easy to install, eyeball the spot you want and they slip on the inside metal edge. Easy peezy.

#24 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.