post #71 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_Line View Post
ratman6161 hit the nail on the head. My truck has the same sticker on the door jamb and my payload capacity is really low. I put a 702 lb. ATV in the bed of my truck with only me in the cab and my rear suspension squatted so bad it would hit the bump stops when I went over dips in the road. I can't imagine putting 2,000 lbs. in one of these Frontiers. I have unfortunately realized that I bought too small of a truck. I have an ATV, my son has a UTV, and I have a family of 5 that likes to go camping and riding. By the time I put the ATV in my truck and all 5 of us get inside, I'm legally overloaded. When I then hook up the utility trailer to haul my son's UTV behind all this, the truck will be struggling. It's sad....

I think there are more people who need a 3/4 ton truck than realize it.
A hypertech or similar programmer will help. I pulled my Canam, on a 6'x12' aluminum trailer, and a 650lb-ish atv in the bed on a 4 1/2 hour drive upstate through the mountains to our hunting camp. Also had 2 people and all our gear for 4 days.... I had some doubt about having enough power but it went just fine. I really think the Hypertech and no WOT restriction helped.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2864.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	729.0 KB
ID:	229505   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2865.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	407.8 KB
ID:	229513  

07 4x4 CC LB, Alpine Radio/Nav, Bilstein adjustable shocks with OME LD coils (3") PRG 1/2" spacer, Bump Stop mod, 1.5" rear blocks, 2" body Lift, 305/70/16 BFG AT's, Pro Comp 1089, Hypertech tuned, Extang Express Tonno, Cabela's sport seat covers, Heated seats, Curt front hitch, CXJ IMS, Volant CAI,

Edit: Jungle Flares gone, finally took them off

"I aint sayin its right, but I understand" Chris Rock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:44 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
Sadly this is the last view I had of it.... Been gone 3 years and I still miss it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3717.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	520.2 KB
ID:	229521  

07 4x4 CC LB, Alpine Radio/Nav, Bilstein adjustable shocks with OME LD coils (3") PRG 1/2" spacer, Bump Stop mod, 1.5" rear blocks, 2" body Lift, 305/70/16 BFG AT's, Pro Comp 1089, Hypertech tuned, Extang Express Tonno, Cabela's sport seat covers, Heated seats, Curt front hitch, CXJ IMS, Volant CAI,

post #73 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this because i didnt read the whole thread but you will be able to get away with more weight in the king cab than the CC. You can put weight in front of the rear axle in the KC and your steer axle will take some of the weight. In my CC the whole bed is on top of or behind the rear axle meaning the rear axle will absorb all of the weight.

So short answer = KC you can probably push it a little and CC dont push it to much

post #74 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ12GAUGE View Post
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this because i didnt read the whole thread but you will be able to get away with more weight in the king cab than the CC. You can put weight in front of the rear axle in the KC and your steer axle will take some of the weight. In my CC the whole bed is on top of or behind the rear axle meaning the rear axle will absorb all of the weight.

So short answer = KC you can probably push it a little and CC dont push it to much
long bed on the 4 door CC is the same as the bed on the extra cab KC. Thats only a problem on the short bed

post #75 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42midNight View Post
Wow, a full ton over GVWR! Great looking camper. Your truck looks lifted, did you add a leaf to support that camper?
I have custom Alcans in the rear. 600 pounds over stock at +2" and Ride-Rite air bags. Radflo 2" remote resi's for dampening. Up front is Radflo 2.5's with 650 pound springs. There is more in my build thread, in my signature.

The reason we went self contained is so we could camp on the beach on Cape Cod. I wanted a suspension that would handle well on the highway and take us 10 miles out on the beach to camp.

Sadly, there are no slide outs. It is pretty well setup for such a small package. It has a full bed over the cab, a single fold down bunk, the dinette will convert, but it is more of a last resort, since it is about 4'x5'. Not really a bunk. It has a fridge, microwave, heat, hot water, 2 burner stove, cassette toilet, indoor and outdoor showers, 130w solar panel, and 2 awnings. A 6'6" wide one off of the rear and a 10' one off of the passenger side. 20 gallon fresh water and a 20lb propane tank.

Although this is not of my camper, these pictures are the same model, with different options.
Northstar 700sc, Hardwall Truck Camper, description and rates
This is my camper. And this is where we camp. Don't worry, it is high tide.

42midNight likes this.
post #76 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:51 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
I like it.. Camper looks really nice

post #77 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:00 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jski701 View Post
long bed on the 4 door CC is the same as the bed on the extra cab KC. Thats only a problem on the short bed
True to a certain extent. The distance between steer and drive axles is longer on the cc lb so more weight would be on the rear but not nearly as much as the short bed
post #78 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:04 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Garage
I believe its been posted in here already, but, if you exceed the limits of the vehicle and get into a crash you are going to be at fault.

That said i have had a considerable amount of weight in it with fire wood and top soil. Just need to adjust your driving to suit the added payload. Also tow a 2,600 lb horse trailer. With a horse in it and gear its closer to 4k. Going to get a custom leaf added to the rear to help with the sag. Definitely takes longer to accelerate.

2011 Frontier SV 4x4 Long Bed
2" spacer
Adjustable shackle at 1"
Hefty Engine, Trans, and T-Case Skids
General Grabber AT2- 265/75/16
post #79 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 05:43 PM
Shift_Newbie

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage

I didn't get a super accurate weight, but estimate 1200 lbs. no problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky '13 Frontier Pro4x

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.