Low Tire Pressure Light - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Low Tire Pressure Light

A little over a month ago I had my truck at the dealer for an oil change. It happen to be a cold morning a few days before the service and my low tire pressure light had come on so I asked them to check it out.
I was waiting for my truck and noticed it was sitting in the delivery area so I asked what was up. The service manager told me they were waiting for the tech to reset the light. He told me it was a free service for the first year but after that there would be a charge. I told him that I assumed that after the tire pressure was adjusted the light would reset automatically. He said no that it would need to be brought in for service. WTF!!
Two days ago we hit 13 degrees over night so low and behold when I get in the truck that morning the light is back on. What are we suppose to do, hang around our trucks with a tire gauge and a air hose every time the temperature changes? Is there a way or tool that I buy to do this myself? I don't have the time to stop by the dealer every time the weather changes.

2008 Nismo , Power Sun Roof with Technology Package,Extang Trifecta Tonneau.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to Inyourface1650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bads Crew View Post
A little over a month ago I had my truck at the dealer for an oil change. It happen to be a cold morning a few days before the service and my low tire pressure light had come on so I asked them to check it out.
I was waiting for my truck and noticed it was sitting in the delivery area so I asked what was up. The service manager told me they were waiting for the tech to reset the light. He told me it was a free service for the first year but after that there would be a charge. I told him that I assumed that after the tire pressure was adjusted the light would reset automatically. He said no that it would need to be brought in for service. WTF!!
Two days ago we hit 13 degrees over night so low and behold when I get in the truck that morning the light is back on. What are we suppose to do, hang around our trucks with a tire gauge and a air hose every time the temperature changes? Is there a way or tool that I buy to do this myself? I don't have the time to stop by the dealer every time the weather changes.
Yeah, they are full of ****. The TPMS is part of the vehicle warranty, and are fully warranted for the usual 36000 miles. As for the light, it should go off once you fill the tires to 35 and drive for awhile. Or just wait until it warms up.

SirLurksAlot
#3 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

+1 on them being full of it. The light will reset on its own after pressure is back.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Shift_Hardcore

ya my dealer charges 75 dollars to reset if your not warranty..
#5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan View Post
ya my dealer charges 75 dollars to reset if your not warranty..
Point is they don't need to be "reset". TPMS will do it own its own. For free.
#6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Shift_Newbie

Its supposed to go off after 2 trips with 35lbs or more in the tire but mine goes off a lot sooner than that!

2006 Nismo KC, Debadged and Bed Caps Removed, 20 % Tint, Pinoneer 9800BT HU, 2 Kicker CVR 8's, K & N Intake - Painted White, Painted White Engine Cover, Magnaflow Muffler, Painted Blue Nismo Wheels, White Calipers, Blue Tint in H/L, Power Brake Mod, T/B Screen Removed, T/B Coolant Bypass, Silver Accented Interior

#7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Shift_Hardcore

ive had to have the dealer recalibrate system twice it does not read the sensors and they have to reset it, or should i say reprogram them
#8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to Inyourface1650
TPMS is a fiasco....even nissan knows it.

SirLurksAlot
#9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Shift_Obsessed

I wish I could turn the TPMS off. With mid to upper 70s one week, and 30s and 40s the next, it is impossible to keep that stupid light happy. Mine just lights up, but my wife's Pathfinder has an audible alarm similar to the key in the ignition noise.

06 NISMO CC 4X4: 2 1/2" lift w/285/75-16 BFG MT KM2s, Alpine CDA-9857 HU, Alpine Type R 6.5 components in front, Type R 6.5 3-way in rear, Flowmaster 40, NISMO CAI, NISMO radiator and oil fill caps, Bushwacker Flares, Calmini winch bumper w/Warn 9.5cti, KC SlimLites, and PIAA 510 fogs
98 Jeep Wrangler: 2" spacers, Rubicon coils, Borla Header/Flowmaster, 33-12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Lock, KC 150W Daylighters, Pioneer HU and speakers w/RF 12" P3 sub and MTX amp
1963 Nissan Patrol L60 (project): 2013 Xterra PRO4X (wife's): 2012 Xterra SV 4X4 (daughter's)
#10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Shift_Hardcore

oh im thankful we dont have sound alarm

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.