Nissan Frontier Forum banner

For The Lift Experts

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BayouM5 
#1 ·
I currently have a 2013 Pro-4x. When I first purchased my truck, I bought and installed the following lift kit from Greg at PRG:

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/frontier-2-x-2aal/

Now after having the truck for over a year and a half, I am interested in adding to this kit or replacing it all together based on the suggestions of this forum.

My goal is to get better articulation and ground clearance (if possible). I have a budget of around $1200.

Thanks!

Josh

#4 ·
You could leave the the same lift in the back, buy some shocks for the rear, and get coil overs for the front. You should be able to stay under $1.2k.

#5 · (Edited)
If you want more articulation. You'll need extended length coilovers with aftermarket UCA'S. And that'll eat up most of your budget there. And can be used with your current spacers.

As for the rear, remove your current shocks and measure your full droop length. And buy the corresponding shock. If you need more lift maybe blocks or shackles would be inexpensive.

And bigger tires will help raise your lowest point, the diff, too. But now we're looking past your budget.

#7 ·
The lift you bought is not shabby. It looks good on the truck, no doubt.

Here are some questions to ask yourself...

Do you want to go higher for looks?
Do you want more suspension travel?
Do you off-road?
If so, what type of off-roading do you do?

The answers to the above will narrow your choices.

Now for my recommendations...
Rear -
Bilstein 5100 for a budget shock setup that performs very well

Front-
Extreme budget setup - add 5100s up front
Budget + - add 5100 and UCA (PRG, Calmini, Total Choas, SPC, etc)
Get rid of the spacers, go with a decent coilover (King, Icon, Fox, Radflo, SAW, etc; this is what I am in the process of doing).

There is a lot of information on the forum. You may have to dig to find it. Yes a lot is in the suspension FAQ thread, but as far as subjective information goes (reviews) you will need to search. Don't forget to search not only here but on the second gen xterra forum also as they usually have more information and reviews.

BTW I am no expert, just read a lot, but I am still learning as there is a lot to learn. My ultimate goal is a Titan swap...but for now I will probably do a budget coilover setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.