Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Lets see pics of what you tow - PICTURE THREAD

193K views 449 replies 221 participants last post by  Dennis U 
#1 ·
I saw the thread from 1stNISSAN showing his travel trailer and got to thinking about a fun thread we used to have over on TitanTalk.

I'm not sure how many here actually use their Frontier for towing, but for sure they are capable. My '09 PRO-4X is rated at 6,500 lbs. The old Titan of course was rated at 9,500 pounds, I towed the S2000 on a steel car hauler with that, about a 4,500 pound load.

So from that, I downgraded myself to the Frontier, and this trailer :)

4.5 x 8' Aluma Aluminum Utility Trailer

Here it is hooked up

Here is why I bought it. I got this as a b-day gift to myself this year, and had to go to Ohio to get it. It was snowing like crazy when I got home with it, and never got a pic of it on the trailer, but it looks awesome behind the Red Alert PRO-4X!

I mounted a front wheel chock right on the trailer as you can see here from one of the other errands it has run.

So, what do you tow?
This is a picture thread, you have to post a pic of what you tow, just a description is not good enough :) :) :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice looking boat Hunter, let alone the truck, I love the deep red color

What on earth is that thing on the huge steel trailer?

Had you towed before or was your towing with the Frontier the 1st time for you?

#4 ·
It was the skeleton for my sisters' junior class homecoming float. Turned out to be "finding nemo". It had a volcano( that's the wood peice on the trailer.

No this isn't my first time towing. Lots of experience with my dads old cummings and a big lawncare trailer.

#6 ·
This is my modified M416 Trailer

It's got all the camping goodies inside.

Reactions: Bullington
#10 · (Edited)
#7 ·

Only thing besides a single axle flatbed I've used for moving once. Towing is great, minus the horrible breaking power.

Truck towed the u-haul like an angry demon!

#8 ·
This was my Titan setup

I sort of did the learn to tow on your own thing, lots of my track friends gave me pointers but I just decided I could do this, and went for it.

#11 ·
I tow one of my Frontier's ancestors. My 1965 Datsun L320 Pickup.

Actually this was a friends Frontier, before I bought mine a month ago. Don't have one of my Frontier towing it yet.

#26 · (Edited)
Holy Cow!
That's just too cool.
Your L320 is just beautiful.
I'm totally impressed, I love Datsuns

Most recent thing I've towed was a giant animatronic lizard last month. I purchased it used in Pennsylvania and towed it back to Indiana for use at my haunt.
That's just too funny!!!

Nice to see some of us are working our mighty little trucks!

#15 ·
Most recent thing I've towed was a giant animatronic lizard last month. I purchased it used in Pennsylvania and towed it back to Indiana for use at my haunt.

Here it was before we loaded it..

All loaded and ready to go..

Since we drove so far, we wanted to see something. So we went to Valley Forge, decided to drop the trailer for a while to go drive through the park.. only place to leave it was in the trailer parking area where all the horse folks were parked.. the equestrians were not amused..

Attachments

#27 ·
i've towed my boss' (at the time) 350z before...

and the clemson sports car club's club car...

neither one were much of a struggle, the Frontier makes for a good tow rig!

#30 ·
here is my truck from a couple winters ago hauling the pop up camper with my two snowmobiles. This season I have upgraded sleds and a larger trailer, I will be heading out this weekend to get some pics.

Attachments

#33 ·
my old truck with my sleds in VT

my new truck with my pos utility trailer and my old mower

nothing major - i recently towed a tandem axle heavy equipment trailer empty. the truck did not really like it.

#34 ·
I have to admit, more of us are towing than I thought.

I keep wondering if I should keep or sell my Prodigy Brake Controller.
It was awesome on the Titan, but the Frontier setup is just a small trailer with no brakes
I hate to see such a great unit go to waste - the selling part of me
I hate to sell it because it has the Nissan pigtail and my truck is set to control electric brakes, it would take me like 5-minutes to hook it up - the keeping part of me

#36 ·
Y'all are going to laugh, but what the heck. Junk from the house I haul away frequently.

And for fun, who needs a trailer when you have a perfectly good sliding rear glass!

:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.