Leer 700 Tonneau Inside Bed Height? - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Leer 700 Tonneau Inside Bed Height?

Looking at the Leer hard cover. It looks like it may be tall enough (inside) to allow me to put my coolers in the bed and close the cover. Coolers are around 18" tall and bed sides look to be about 17" (I have a factory bed-liner). Anybody have one that could let me know? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 01:38 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to habeansha Send a message via MSN to habeansha Send a message via Skype™ to habeansha
i fit one of those huge marine coolers in the back of my truck. fits fine all the way against the cab and also longways in the middle

i can measure tomorrow if i remember

2006 Nissan Frontier KC NISMO Avalanche white
Performance: NISMO intake, JBA Catback, Superchips Flashpaq
Suspension: Adjustable Bils set at max w/ OME LD springs + AC AAL and Bils, 2" BL, BFG AT KOs
Exterior: Nissan step rails, 6000k HID headlights, 3000k HID fogs passenger side only, minors dents and custom peeling paint, Leer 700 series Tonneau cover

Last edited by habeansha; 05-25-2011 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
#3 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 03:04 AM
Shift_lurker

Thanks! If you can provide the measurement it would be greatly appreciated!
#4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

It's at least 18" (that's what she said). I don't remember exactly what I measured, but I checked mine a few months ago before buying a bunch of drywall to see if I had to remove my tonneau (not the Leer 700) or not. IIRC, it's actually even a little more than 18" to the top of the bed rails (for the spray-in bed liner). Do you have the spray in or plastic liner? Also, most tonneaus give you an inch or two of clearance for any items that sit proud of the bedrails and judging by the pictures on Leer's website, it appears that the 700 has some additional clearance.

Best way to check would be to lay a straight 2x4 or stretch a string across your bed then measure up to it from the higher points in the bed; you'll get a real clean reading.

06 LE CC 4X4, RED BRAWN
#5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to habeansha Send a message via MSN to habeansha Send a message via Skype™ to habeansha
a little more than 20" in the rear middle. the mdidle section is the tallest part so i assume the whole middle is about 20". and like i said, it should fit longways right next to the cab

Suspension: Adjustable Bils set at max w/ OME LD springs + AC AAL and Bils, 2" BL, BFG AT KOs
Exterior: Nissan step rails, 6000k HID headlights, 3000k HID fogs passenger side only, minors dents and custom peeling paint, Leer 700 series Tonneau cover
#6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Shift_lurker

Thank you, sir!
#7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Shift_Enthusiast
Premium Member

Garage
Additional Info Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by habeansha View Post
a little more than 20" in the rear middle. the mdidle section is the tallest part so i assume the whole middle is about 20". and like i said, it should fit longways right next to the cab
How well does the 700 series fit with respect to still being able to use the Utilitrac and the bed extender in full aft position? Have you had any issues with using these with the 700 installed. Is it easy to remove?

Thanks...

...No longer just "KickinTires"..., now along for the Ride!

2011 CC PRO-4X, 6-Speed, Leer 700 tonneau cover, Nissan hood protector, XPEL lens kit, ShrockWorks Sliders, Plates and Diff Cover. BFG All-Terrains 265/75-16. 2.0 PRG Radflo Coilovers w/ Eibach 650# Springs, PRG Upper Control Arms, PRG Deaver 2-Leaf Spring Packs, Bilstein 5125 Series Rear Shocks. Midland 1001 LWX w/ FireStik 4' Firefly Rear axle vent mod. ScanGaugeE and a few basic cosmetic interior upgrades...

Wheelin' Photos
http://www.pbase.com/kramerkrause/4_wheeling_images
http://www.pbase.com/kramerkrause/ra...ake_canyon2012
#8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 04:46 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickinTires View Post
How well does the 700 series fit with respect to still being able to use the Utilitrac and the bed extender in full aft position? Have you had any issues with using these with the 700 installed. Is it easy to remove?

Thanks...
with it shut, you cant have the cleats on the middle section of the side utilitracs because when it folds down the arm thingy is in the way. doesnt affect anyother part of it though. i dont have the bed extender so im not sure about it. also never removed it before, but seems like it would be pretty easy. maybe need 2 people to lift it off

#9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Checkout the A.R.E LSII which is what I settled with. I know with mine I cannot use the bed extender, but I don't need it anyway. During my investigation of these tonneau covers I noticed that the Snug Top lifts up higher and according to the sales guy can be used with the factory bed extender. Good luck
#10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 07:35 PM
F4D
Shift_Enthusiast

I have the A.R.E. and bed to inside top of cover is 20". I also can use the bed extender and close the cover.

2010, Frontier CC, Pro-4X, V6, Night Armor, A.R.E. Hard cover, bug deflector. Custom rock sliders

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.