1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Issues With New 2016 Frontier

I just bought a New 2016 Frontier SV and there are a couple of things that I feel that Nissan just fell short on.

1. There are no Daytime Running Lights. - Does anyone know a way to make either the fog lights or parking lights into DRL? I want either of these lights to remain on while the vehicle ignition key is in the "ON" position.

2. Automatic Headlights - Although my truck came with heated seats, backup camera, etc., there is no Automatic Headlights. I see the sensor on the dashboard, but on the headlight stalk, there is no "Auto" position. Can this be added?

3. Nissan Connect Sucks!! - Beside the obvious lack of apps, there is a big safety hazard that I cannot believe Nissan has not addressed. When you make a Hands Free Call and there are multiple phone numbers for the contact (Home/Cell), instead of asking you "Call Bob on Cell or Home", it asks you if (XXX)-XXX-XXXX number is correct. I have no freaking idea!!!! Now I have to grab my phone, look thru the contacts, search for the name, and see which phone number is "Bob's" home or cell. This defeats the entire purpose of "Hands Free" dialing! Someone tell me that Nissan isn't that stupid. Every other car manufacture's bluetooth asks you if you want to call Home or Cell/Mobile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think it's pretty lame that there is no homelink mirror, after all it is 2017, just got a mirror to replace the stock, but it should've come with it!!
And, I don't like that I can't drive with both feet, the computer tells the engine the brake is being used, so it jerks terribly. I know when I install UpRev I can remove that, but UpRev doesn't have a ROM for my Pro4 til this summer.

2016 Pro-4x, Bilstein 5100s w, 1-1/2" blocks, PRG UCAs & 2" AAL, MB TKO w/285/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks, G2 Bakflip, color matched roof rack & grill, custom HIDprojectors, so far it's only a couple of months old

Coming if they ever have a set that'll work: tow mirrors
RIP 06 Armonster
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Shift_Hardcore
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 556 Post(s)
Garage
These trucks were originally designed over a decade ago, any "current" tech in the later models are just add-ons
Gunmetal_Pro4x likes this.

- Raine.

Keira is here.
click above for my build thread

TYPE CREW CAB SV 4x4 VTP COLOR NIGHT ARMOR LIFT 3.5"/2.5" NAME KEIRA

SUSP: Custom King Shocks . Total Chaos . Level-8 . Deaver . Nisstec . Bilstein . PRG . BF Goodrich
EXT: White Knuckle . PIAA . White Rhino . Truxedo . Firestik . Evoc . BlueSea . Morimoto . Mitsuba
A/V: DNX-892 . TWK-88 . PDX-V9 . HSK-165XL . DCX-165.3 . 2x 10TW1-4 . Dynamat . 2x Cameras
MODS: Power Tailgate Lock . Custom CB Antenna Mount . Trailer Plug Relocate . Diff Breather Mod
MORE: Midland . UltraGauge . Raingler . Working OEM SWC, Bluetooth, USB . Some Cool Stickers

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:04 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Mine has the DRL option but yea it's lazy that Nissan Connect does not offer Android app compatibility for the Frontier too.

16 PRO 4X Gun metal w/luxury pkg, 4.0L DOHC 261 HP V6, Mobil1 FS, V1 radar/laser locator, LE Body molding, OEM step rails, 3M window treatments, Undercover flip tonneau cover, Bluetooth, SIRIUS/XM tuned.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denniswpb View Post

3. Nissan Connect Sucks!! - Beside the obvious lack of apps, there is a big safety hazard that I cannot believe Nissan has not addressed. When you make a Hands Free Call and there are multiple phone numbers for the contact (Home/Cell), instead of asking you "Call Bob on Cell or Home", it asks you if (XXX)-XXX-XXXX number is correct. I have no freaking idea!!!! Now I have to grab my phone, look thru the contacts, search for the name, and see which phone number is "Bob's" home or cell. This defeats the entire purpose of "Hands Free" dialing! Someone tell me that Nissan isn't that stupid. Every other car manufacture's bluetooth asks you if you want to call Home or Cell/Mobile.
I've just had my 2017 for a couple of weeks. I totally agree on this one. My 2011 Infiniti G37 was better in this regard. Anyway, I did figure out a workaround. I use the Siri feature and just tell it (her) to call "Bobs mobile". Less steps and straight the number you want to call - works great. Hope you have an iphone.

2017 Frontier SV CC 4x4
2014 Audi allroad
2012 Chevrolet Sonic Turbo - 6 speed
2009 Chevrolet Corvette - 6 speed
1968 Chevrolet Chevelle SS - 6 speed
The Following User Says Thank You to Gary U For This Useful Post:
Denniswpb (03-21-2017)
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:56 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
- I just turn on my headlights when traveling, especially in traffic.
- My Pro4x has an auto setting for headlights. Don't use it
- Nissan Connect linked to my old flip phone. I don't have a smart phone and don't make calls while driving. I do like the hands free to answer the phone when I get a call.

2016 Pro 4x CC, Silver
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FFTR For This Useful Post:
Denniswpb (03-21-2017), Swanicyouth (03-18-2017), Zero Six LE (Yesterday)
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:53 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Nissan also has the auto off for the headlights. If you leave your lights on, they will automatically turn off in about 5 mins. When you restart your truck the lights will come back on. Not the perfect situation, but it would work.

I personally feel if your going to complane about not being able to use your phone while driving or that your lights aren't automatic, stay home!

Last edited by Hotrod_garage; 03-13-2017 at 02:56 PM.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 03:07 PM
Shift_Hardcore
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 556 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denniswpb View Post
1. There are no Daytime Running Lights. - Does anyone know a way to make either the fog lights or parking lights into DRL? I want either of these lights to remain on while the vehicle ignition key is in the "ON" position.
Turn the light stalk one click, parking lights remain on while the key is in on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormgray View Post
Mine has the DRL option but yea it's lazy that Nissan Connect does not offer Android app compatibility for the Frontier too.
I feel bad for anyone who actually paid extra for Nissan Connect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod_garage View Post
I personally feel if your going to complane about not being able to use your phone while driving or that your lights aren't automatic, stay home!
LOL perfect

- Raine.

Keira is here.
click above for my build thread

TYPE CREW CAB SV 4x4 VTP COLOR NIGHT ARMOR LIFT 3.5"/2.5" NAME KEIRA

SUSP: Custom King Shocks . Total Chaos . Level-8 . Deaver . Nisstec . Bilstein . PRG . BF Goodrich
EXT: White Knuckle . PIAA . White Rhino . Truxedo . Firestik . Evoc . BlueSea . Morimoto . Mitsuba
A/V: DNX-892 . TWK-88 . PDX-V9 . HSK-165XL . DCX-165.3 . 2x 10TW1-4 . Dynamat . 2x Cameras
MODS: Power Tailgate Lock . Custom CB Antenna Mount . Trailer Plug Relocate . Diff Breather Mod
MORE: Midland . UltraGauge . Raingler . Working OEM SWC, Bluetooth, USB . Some Cool Stickers
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 06:47 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage
My 2014 Pro-4x has auto headlights, so I assume this could be added. I had the dealer swap out my rear-view mirror with one with HomeLink, outside temperature and compass.

2014 Pro-4X CC - BakFlip VP tonneau, home-made mesh bumper grille, power tailgate lock mod, RedlineGoods leather console cushion

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 11:43 AM
Shift_Enthusiast
Lifetime Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Recently looked at installing a homelink mirror, $400 installed from a local shop. Since mine sits out it's not a requirement. I do agree, Nissanconnect sucks, I make a lot of calls from my phone on the road and it can be a hassle if it's not the correct number. But, one thing I found, if there are more than one number, and this is a PITA, create a separate listing for each number. One of my friends has 3 numbers, I have each one separate name-home, name-cell, name-work.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.