how long wait for factory order? - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how long wait for factory order?

Hi, I ordered a 2011 Frontier Crew cab sv the first week of March. The salesman told me it may take 3 or 4 months to come in. I am getting worried now cause my trade in is a piece of crap, engine light is on, needs tires, I think it needs a head gasket, it's missing when idling, inspection is up soon. They are giving me $4,300 for this lemon. How long does it usually take for a factory order?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

it just depends on what you ordered. My boss ordered a very unique dodge ram 2500 4x4 manual, and he had to wait 3 months for them to make it. I understand the urgency you feel in needing to get the new truck but they have to reconfigure the entire factory line for the different vehicle setups. It could be a while or it could be soon, there is no clear answer. It all depends on when they are making that particular model and setup as yours.

'06 Frontier Nismo CC 4x4, Elegant Blue

Pioneer AVH-P3400BH HU, Injen CAI, 2" PRG Front Spacers, Xoskel Bumper Mouth Bracket, 20" LED Light Bar in Bumper Mouth, LED Smoked Tails, OTRATTW Switches, BFG T/A AT KO, Front License Plate Mod, Custom home made Bed Rail Hooks, Scratches
#3 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Orders go in the first week of the month and takes 8-9 weeks. If you miss the order week it may lay over to the next month. I ordered my truck on october 30 and the invoice showed it was entered in the system on 11/05 built built and put on the train on 12/22 and dealer called me on 1/18 to say it was in.
Yes, waiting for anything seems to take forever but it will not take three to four months. Since I spend way too much time reading all the posts there was a member fairly recently who physically had the truck in 6 weeks. Good luck, it's worth the wait.
Ask the dealer to verify the order was entered into Nissans system and not that they just took your deposit and that's all. Next the dealer can get a progress report at some point with a "week of" expectation for it to arrive there. The first week of May should do it.

Clint

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

2010 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab Long Bed 4X4 Radiant Silver 6-Speed
2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4X4 Desert Stone
2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Frosted Steel
2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Yellow Jacket Edition 6-Speed in Stinger Yellow
#4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

with Japan having the issues and some world supply shortages right now it may take a bit longer then usual. A good dealer will give you a loaner car in the mean time. just call up your sales man and tell him you think its taking to long how about a loner.

06 NISMO 4X4, Navigation, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra, General Grabber HTS tires, Stillen Rotors and pads comming
#5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem69 View Post
Hi, I ordered a 2011 Frontier Crew cab sv the first week of March. The salesman told me it may take 3 or 4 months to come in. I am getting worried now cause my trade in is a piece of crap, engine light is on, needs tires, I think it needs a head gasket, it's missing when idling, inspection is up soon. They are giving me $4,300 for this lemon. How long does it usually take for a factory order?
Don't let the high trade-in value fool you. Dealer play tricks with the numbers, they high ball you on the trade to make you think you are getting a good deal. Dealer "generosity" is made on the other end by selling you a new truck for MSRP and high interest rate financing kick backs from the lender. Always trade and buy as two separate transactions. Better yet, do not trade, sell privately.

2010 Frontier Crew Cab SE long bed 4X2, avalanche
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, stock
#6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATICA View Post
with Japan having the issues and some world supply shortages right now it may take a bit longer then usual. A good dealer will give you a loaner car in the mean time. just call up your sales man and tell him you think its taking to long how about a loner.
There should be enough parts available now to build his truck. The parts shortages are coming but not that soon. There was an article saying Nissan,Honda and one other were unaffected at this point.

Clint

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

#7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Don't let the high trade-in value fool you. Dealer play tricks with the numbers, they high ball you on the trade to make you think you are getting a good deal. Dealer "generosity" is made on the other end by selling you a new truck for MSRP and high interest rate financing kick backs from the lender. Always trade and buy as two separate transactions. Better yet, do not trade, sell privately.
yes, i know this. I didn't think 20,400 out the door and 0% for 5 yrs. was bad for a sv crew cab with my crappy ford ranger trade.
#8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Did you call the dealer for a confirmation that the order is in Nissans system and not just on an invoice that you have from your dealer? I was given a code a couple of weeks after, it starts with two letters followed by five numbers. It is the factory order tracking number.

Clint

#9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Shift_Newbie

Mine was ordered the first week of January, and was delivered on the 18th of March.

2k4 Frontier KC XE 2 wheel peel... soon to be 2k11 CC pro-4x

#10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Shift_Hardcore

I wanted grey/6 speed........3 months. May-Aug.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.