Hi beams - Page 2 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Never had a problem. I'm not sure why everyone says the Frontier's headlights are bad.

R. Long
2011 SV KC 4WD
"The first time you forget to turn off the VDC before the stink, will also be the last time you forget to turn off your VDC before the stink."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong View Post
Never had a problem. I'm not sure why everyone says the Frontier's headlights are bad.
im not saying the gen2 lights are "bad", just have a very sharp cut offline the way the light is diffused vertically. Most modern vehicles are like that. if they are adjusted low, you dont get much light out front, if they are high, you dont get much light on the road.

00KCDRXE
13CC4x4SV
#13 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathster View Post
im not saying the gen2 lights are "bad", just have a very sharp cut offline the way the light is diffused vertically. Most modern vehicles are like that. if they are adjusted low, you dont get much light out front, if they are high, you dont get much light on the road.
The cut-off lines are definitely brutal. If you adjust them high to light up the road and use the fog lights to light in front of you like "greaseball" said i think thats the best outcome. If you have foggys.
#14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Get some aftermarket lights. Nothing too crazy as to not attract attention, but better than fogs (or what everyone like's to call "fogs). Something like this, and then wire it to the high beams.

I work because somebody has to pay for all the lifelong welfare entitlements. Redistributionomics 101
#15 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There's a guy on thenewx who makes retrofit HID projectors for xterras and frontiers (or whatever vehicle you drive) I know a member or 2 have them on here too.
Cost about $300 I believe from what I saw on his website.
Maybe just replace your head lights altogether.

2010 P4X CC: 2.5in/2in Lift (ADF&PRG), SPC UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Xoskel Bumper Mouth Bracket w/ 4 Rigid Industries Duallys, Superchips Tuned 93 Performance w/WOT Removed & 2* timing advance, Kool Vue CAI, Rear Axle Vent Mod, Bakflip G2, Radiator bypass, LED conversion.
In Progress: Coilovers, Titan parts, WRP Pulley (in hand), IMS, exhaust.
Axle Vent Mod & Radiator Bypass
South Jersey
#16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathster View Post
Yeah, that's true. The cut-off is pretty drastic, light, then no light at all. The Frontier's headlights are also very "moody" depending on the style of bulb you use.

R. Long
2011 SV KC 4WD
"The first time you forget to turn off the VDC before the stink, will also be the last time you forget to turn off your VDC before the stink."
#17 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I too felt the regular bulbs weren't bright enough. I'm not a fan of the high price/short life span of Silverstars so i went with Sylvannia XtraVisions. They provided a cleaner and wider beam and are still working a year and a half later.

2011 SV CC 4x2 LB AT
#18 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 07:39 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

I wasn't impressed with mine either, even after owning mine for less than a month now. I have already replaced mine with sylvania silver star bulbs, and still am not impressed. Even after adjusting the beam I do not like the output.

The next step for me is a set of DDM Tuning Hi/ Low HID kits with 5000k bulbs. I have these in my motorcycle (2008 gsxr 600) and have never had an issue with them.
#19 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 04:26 PM
Shift_Newbie

I noticed it last night. They are weak.
#20 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Shift_lurker

Hi beams

Thanks for all the comments. I didn't see a clearcut solution, but will think about a better bulb. Mine when I use Hi's, I get a dark shadow on the road in front of me and a nice view of the side trees. Low beams seem to work fine.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.