help needed... passenger door lock stuck in locked position - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
help needed... passenger door lock stuck in locked position

Like the title says...

I can not get the passenger side door unlocked (king cab). Even pressing/pushing on the interior button/lock switch manually does no good.

I plan to get to the dealer, but any suggestions or help in the mean time is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Sounds like a linkage problem inside the door panel. Unless you're confident that you can remove the panel without damaging it, I'd let the dealer fix it. That way any damage to the panel can be fixed by them. Sorry to hear about this. Was it an "all at once" event or has it been slowly getting worse over time?

2007 Frontier King Cab with an Infinite Improbability Drive. Every time I punch it, I end up in another dimension!

"The Infinite Improbability Drive is a wonderful new method of crossing interstellar distances in a few seconds; without all that tedious mucking about in hyperspace. As the Improbability Drive reaches infinite improbability, it passes through every conceivable point in every conceivable universe almost simultaneously. In other words, you're never sure where you'll end up or even what species you'll be when you get there. It's therefore important to dress accordingly." - - - Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET-CA
Sounds like a linkage problem inside the door panel. Unless you're confident that you can remove the panel without damaging it, I'd let the dealer fix it. That way any damage to the panel can be fixed by them. Sorry to hear about this. Was it an "all at once" event or has it been slowly getting worse over time?
it was "all at once"..... and I tend to agree with your assessment, thanks
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Shift_Newbie

Mine sticks occasionally, I just relock it with the fob and unlock again and it usually releases. I plan on getting the dealer to look at it next time I take it in.

07 4x4 Nismo 6 spd manual Majestic Blue
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLYeager73
Mine sticks occasionally, I just relock it with the fob and unlock again and it usually releases. I plan on getting the dealer to look at it next time I take it in.
Come to think of it that worked for me in the past one time, but this time it wont budge
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Shift_lurker

Mine does the same thing, only on the driver's side. Neither the interior lock switch or the unlock button on the remote will unlock it. You keep hitting unlock and it just keeps clicking. Hitting lock on the switch or remote then unlock again usually does the trick.

I wonder if it is the power lock actuator inside the door. It seems that it gets the signal, but the rod does not fully extend enough to unlock.

2007 Avalanche White KingCab SE 4x4 - Ventvisors, JVC KD-G730 HU, Polk db690 front & db650 rear speakers, ProTecta bed mat.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is a good reason to keep latches lubed, and it is the lock solenoid that gets weak and sticks. Theyre not that hard to replace, if you know the dangerous end of a wrench

"Understeer, when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer, when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower, how fast you hit the wall. Torque, how far you take the wall with you."

0-60 video P4070007 - YouTube

OWNER BUILT REAR BUMPER AND TIRE CARRIER
OMF street-locked Nismo wheels, 456 GEARS
Shrock skids, winch bumper, 9500# winch.PRG 10 leaf packs, Radflos, BFG KM2 305/70/16
Confer roof rack, aluminum tool boxes, Piaa 525 driving/fog, projector HID headlights, and fogs, Carbon fiber grill sliders, crossdrilled rotors, EBC pads, 1 touch windows. Owner built engine and Custom fit Ken Bell Super Charger. NISMO T stat, UPREV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn1EvGKO1Yo
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Do you hear anything on that side when you try to lock / unlock it? You might try pulling the handle and clicking the lock / unlock, might unjam it. Possibly pushing / pulling on the door while trying the lock / unlock.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Shift_Hardcore

wasnt there a recall on that? I remember a few months after buying my 05 I got a card in the mail about it and the dealership replaced it. That and the cord on my gas cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyourface1650 View Post
an environmental debate is the LAST thing I expected on a car enthusiast forum. I say screw the trees, and lets burn some rubber.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLYeager73
same here......

07 Black SE (GONE!!!!!!!!!)
2008 Blue Nismo 4x4 (shockworks bumper, nismo exhaust, PRG 2.5 Radflo coil overs 3", PRG UCA's, 2" PRG Add a Leaf, 285/75R16 BFG AT, Nismo Intake, Bully Dog Tuner)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.