Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Goodbye Frontier, it's been wonderful

4K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  speedfoos 
#1 ·
Today, reluctantly, I got rid of the Frontier. She's been mostly perfect to own except the timing chain problem. Other than that, nothing ever went wrong. She was a tank in the snow and a blast to drive, but she was getting old and I was dreading the eventual repair costs that I'm sure were going to start happening with 145K on the clock.
Stopped by the local Ram dealer just to check out what the new 14s were like, test drove one and made up my mind right on the spot. Big difference in full size trucks versus what they used to be. Ended up in a 2014 1500 Express loaded with every option except the 8spd trans(which I didnt want anyway...too new tech to be trusted in my mind) for 28,310, one helluva deal considering it stickered at 36495. They gave me 8000 for the frontier which is more than fair considering it had 2 accidents reported through carfax.I was/am very happy with the deal.
Best part, even though it's fullsize with the Hemi, still gets 20.9 mpg cruising around, 1mpg more than my frontier mustered.
So here's goodbye to an awesome truck, but I'll still be lurking around here from time to time to try and helb the newer owners out.

Thank you all for all the help and ideas you've given me over the years.

All removeable parts will be for sale on here if anyone is interested.

And last but not least, here's the new ride

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats on the new truck, nice looking Ram. Let us know how she is treating you when your on here from time to time. I have the same thoughts as you about my frontier, other then the timing chain it really has been a pleasure to drive with just routine things done. I am still pretty low on the miles and if I was looking for a new truck the Ram would be high on my list.

Best of luck.

#5 ·
Nice rig. How is the space in the quad cab? I've only been in a crew cab. The price seems to really jump when going from quad to crew cab. My frontier is starting to nickel and dime me with 88K miles. I
had a 2001 ram quad cab with the old clamshell doors.

#9 ·
Tons of room. I'm a rather big guy at 6'6" and I only have the seat back half way. I climbed in the back to see what it was like. A little tight for me, but my fiance and two neighbors didnt complain at all back there

#7 ·
Good luck with the New Ram. Looks nice. If you need room, towing ability and creature comforts, it's the way to go.

Full-size = really-big these days. Hope it fits in your garage.

#25 ·
#27 ·
Ram used to have a KC, with suicide doors. Those trucks had enough room to take people to lunch, but wouldn't wanna ride much further.
Quad cab is the four short doors for the 1500.
crew cab is the four long doors for the 1500.
Crew cab is the four short (I think) doors for the 2500/3500.
Mega cab is the four long doors plus for the 2500/3500.
Yeah, they keep it simple. Somewhere they are just gonna start building everything on a 42 seat school bus chassis.

#26 ·
lol I just came to terms that I think I can make do with a midsize. And either way not sure how much I would've considered a Ram before.

But it seems like there have been a couple of members on here that made the switch to a Ram. That combined with the comments in these threads have me kind of looking at reviews and specs about Rams now.

Looks like a pretty impressive truck! Enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.