Gas cap fell apart - Page 2 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So a bad gas cap says the rest of the truck is bad? Must be why the Frontier kicks the Taco as *** in every reliability test.
If I were you I would quickly go and get some Toyota quality, the same company that had their trucks splitting in half.

2014 Mustang GT 6spd manual
Bama 93R tune, AEM intake
12.80 @ 113.71 no traction

Sold! 2011 KC SV 4X4, 6spd and utility package
Tuff Tonno cover, Leonard hitch, Hypertech 93 octane tune, Kool Vue intake, TB bypass, OEM side steps, OEM fog lights, OEM skids, Pioneer speakers

2012 Rogue all stock
The Following User Says Thank You to scott9050 For This Useful Post:
Stelly (11-10-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

If the only thing you are going to do is ***** about a free warranty replacment gas gap that you are not willing to go and get, do everyone a huge favor and sell the truck now. You have a HUGE case of buyers remorse and probably need professional help. The proper fix won't cost you anything and yet you are wanting to superglue and duct tape the problem. This is approaching one of the stupidest things ever posted on this board, and there have been a lot of stupid things posted.
#13 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Try to look at it as an excellent opportunity to get a locking gas cap instead.

Stant #10504 - Around 12 bucks on ebay.

2012 Super Black Crew Cab SV 2WD, Retrax Pro bed cover, FT-7900R 2m/70cm ham radio
#14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Shift_lurker

Garage
2 dealers close didn't have one and would take 7 - 10 days to get one, found one at NAPA for 9.49 and it fit. Dealer parts department couldn't find the part number for 20 minutes, NAPA in less than 2 minutes and in stock.

1998 Toyota RAV4, 432,000 miles. '05 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado, '07 Honda Civic, '09 Scion xB, '12 Nissan Frontier 4x2, 4cyl, 5 speed
#15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Shift_Newbie

Garage
Sounds like you have a dealership issue not a Nissan problem. I would make some phone calls or take someone out behind the wood shed.
The Following User Says Thank You to My04Front For This Useful Post:
FitzIngarage (11-11-2012)
#16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 man View Post
If the only thing you are going to do is ***** about a free warranty replacment gas gap that you are not willing to go and get, do everyone a huge favor and sell the truck now. You have a HUGE case of buyers remorse and probably need professional help. The proper fix won't cost you anything and yet you are wanting to superglue and duct tape the problem. This is approaching one of the stupidest things ever posted on this board, and there have been a lot of stupid things posted.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelly View Post
2 dealers close didn't have one and would take 7 - 10 days to get one, found one at NAPA for 9.49 and it fit. Dealer parts department couldn't find the part number for 20 minutes, NAPA in less than 2 minutes and in stock.
go trade your truck in for a taco or another RAV4 and be done with it. its a gas cap

Frontier Facebook group.
My Build Thread
LED Headlight Review Thread

2014 Nissan Rogue AL AWD - Purchased 3/5/2014 - 20% Tint, Chrome Bumper Protector, External Ground lighting, LEDs (Dome, Reverse, License Plate, Cargo Area)
2012 CC SV 4x4 - SOLD
#17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
or better yet try this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5rQbouv7ZE-6Q3H5a_0Kww2.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	39610  

Frontier Facebook group.
My Build Thread
LED Headlight Review Thread

2014 Nissan Rogue AL AWD - Purchased 3/5/2014 - 20% Tint, Chrome Bumper Protector, External Ground lighting, LEDs (Dome, Reverse, License Plate, Cargo Area)
2012 CC SV 4x4 - SOLD
#18 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by My04Front View Post
Sounds like you have a dealership issue not a Nissan problem. ...
Right on. The contrasts between Dealerships can be stark. My local Dealer has an excellent parts desk, while the Dealer near near my parent's home is horrible.

2006 SE CC 4x2 6-Speed 4.0L w/Power Package & ABLS, Red Brawn, Nissan Step Rails, Hood Protector and Soft Tonneau, Clarion CX501, Stock Speakers, Pioneer TS-T110 Tweeters and LED Reverse Lights
#19 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

A Tip o' the cap!!!

Hi: All... I bought a locking cap for my generous motors pickup after someone helped themselves to the tank contents. Here in "The land of the fee" we have the "Drive Clean" scheme. Every two years you must have an inspect at the gubermint sanctioned station. My new cap failed the test under pressure and the "Garage Mans Companion" couldn't leave with out a new cap!!! NON Locking. I was warned that a half dozen caps from where I got mine would fail...but theirs wouldn't!!!
CanNissan N.S. of Lake Erie

Fav. Quote..."Don't take life to seriously...ain't none of us get out of it ALIVE" Bugs Bunny
#20 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanNissan View Post
Hi: All... I bought a locking cap for my generous motors pickup after someone helped themselves to the tank contents. Here in "The land of the fee" we have the "Drive Clean" scheme. Every two years you must have an inspect at the gubermint sanctioned station. My new cap failed the test under pressure and the "Garage Mans Companion" couldn't leave with out a new cap!!! NON Locking. I was warned that a half dozen caps from where I got mine would fail...but theirs wouldn't!!!
CanNissan N.S. of Lake Erie
Unless it was causing the LOOSE FUEL CAP warning to show on your dashboard, it couldn't have been leaking much.

Sounds more like a scam to force customers to buy new fuel caps.

2012 Super Black Crew Cab SV 2WD, Retrax Pro bed cover, FT-7900R 2m/70cm ham radio

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.