Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Full Line-X Frontier

25K views 57 replies 32 participants last post by  Justwork 
#1 ·
Has anyone done a full Frontier in box liner? Mine goes in tomorrow at Line-X. This will be my second fully box lined truck. I had my 07 Tundra done in Armaguard, and when I went to my local Line X shop for this one (Armaguard didn't want to cut a deal for me...) they where more than a happy to sponsor it.

Stay tuned for pictures.

#2 ·
Haven't seen a Fronty done but our marketing team has a 2011 Tundra done in full black Line-X and it's pretty sick. No worries with trail scratches either.
Can't wait to see pix!

#3 ·
My Yoda was full black too. Did it ever turn heads. I opted for the box liner (both times) due to the fiberglass taking so much abuse. The 6" fenders are getting roughed up from rocks.... My front one piece took a rock to it once from a semi and fractured it. Now that it's repaired, it's time to keep it safe.

#4 ·
Absolutely! Those one-pieces are spendy and that Line-X is nearly bullet proof.
Gonna do the lowers and fenders on mine once I start getting rock chips I can't hide. I got a buddy here in So Cal that does it so I can get it done pretty cheap. Already did the tub on my CJ 5 so it's basically just a quick hose job to clean out the inside now : )

#5 ·
I love Line X, so much better than the other spary in companies. My bed and rocker panels were sparyed about 5 years ago. The bed and rockers have seen plenty of abuse and still haven't stratched through to the paint. I think its awsome you are gonna spray the whole truck. Keep up the good work man!

#6 ·
Front clip is done. I am now just doing a little body work to fill in a dent from sliding into a tree... Rear door needed replacing awhile ago - hence the bluish door on the passenger rear side.

Anyways, the body get done soon. Have some logo/ decals coming from Kings, Method Race Wheels, and Rigid that need to get put on the rear fenders before that gets box lined. Also, need to sand blast the front bumper and bed cage.

Enjoy:

#7 ·
Looks nice! Looking forward to seeing the rest of it done.

#12 ·
Dam brother, I previously stated that the full Line X would be ugly, but I stand corrected! Looks insanely good. Nice work!

#15 ·
Okay boys (and girls?) Rear bedsides are going in next Monday a long with the front bumper. I just need to take it off and plug some holes that was never done when my bud made it :)

She is slowly coming to an end. hoping to have it done by the 15th of June!

#17 ·
I'm not 100% sure. I'll hit the weigh scales tomorrow and find a before. The front clip doesn't feel too much heavier than before, but it definitely is. I need two people to open it (one on each side).

Edit: I'll probably still be lighter than stock. I lost a lot of steel with the addition of FG.

#19 ·
Looks SICK!
Can't wait to see the rest of it

#31 ·
Thank you everyone for the positive feedback (and criticisms). I appreciate it all! Few things to mention right off the hop:
The truck is my personal truck. It is not a promotional truck for LINE-X nor is it affiliated with the company The "LINE-X" decals on the front and side are there for advertisement of the local shop that does the work. This is my second truck that I had box lined. The price of the first one really got me thinking "damn... I could get a lot of nice stuff for this price..." So I walked in one day, with my truck (and pictures of the old one) and said "Hey Jim (manager), If I did a little sponsoring for you, could you cut me a deal?" He of course has never done anything of the sort when it comes to cutting deals and such and asked "Well, what do you got?" Once he saw the truck he figured it would be a head turner and was game.

Second, the company names are in the same boat. They helped me, I help them :)

My mind is made up. I want!
Get 'er done!

looks fantastic! think of all the money you will save by never having to wax it again ;)!
I'm waiting to see a bunch of high-school kids having an out door car wash still... Pull up in this and see what they do lol.

I want to make babies with that sweet truck.
Might hurt :\ Some people like it rough though!

F*cking Bad ^ss!! Love it!
Hah, thanks!

Guess you don't have to worry about peeling roof gutters!
Nope! :p

I just gotta say that, much to my surprise, I really, really like that! Bravo!

I am also glad to see that you kept the labeling black-on-black.

I think we have our next truck of the month right there. :)
Thanks Heavy! I greatly appreciate your belief in it being a possible TOTM :)

Are you running spacers with the Titan swap? Your front is flush with the fenders, and I know a stock Titan swap won't do that. I also see that you swapped to the Titan bolt pattern front and rear to run the Methods.
Yes sir, I am indeed running spacers.

that truck looks awesome. Definitely TOTM if not TOTY worthy.

i have one minor teeny little piece of criticism, and its mostly just personal preference. but if the side mirrors were the black plastic to begin with, i would have left them be. i they were painted, maybe not. but the flat black plastic side mirrors would have gone well with the trim pieces and the hood latches so i dont think it woulda stood out negatively.

Either way.. if i ever find myself in a place where i need to protect all of my paint, or the red just doesnt work for me any more, lining the truck is definitely a cool option!
Mhannis, Thanks for thinking it could make it into a future TOTM, and even TOTY!
Your criticism is appreciated as well, and it was one of the things I considered before having it done. What it came down to for me, was just the fact that they are plastic, and they where a little faded. I also wanted everything covered! :)

Go crazy & paint the inside of your bed a deep shiny lacquer, buffed to a mirror finish.
The bed needs to get redone... It just has the stock Frontier boxliner. The cage in the back will get powdercoated in blue (kings logo blue), and that is where I will mount my two extra Methods.

Wow! I would not have guessed it would look this clean. I've seen Jeeps around town fully lined and they don't look this good.

So is this a show truck? I sorta understood the Line-X logo on the front of the clip but the large ones on the side as well as the other companies on the door makes for permanent advertising.
Thanks for the positive words SD!

Nope, this is just my personal truck. This was the second truck I had done, and I went to the owner of the local Line-X dealer with some sketches I made and said "Hey, I'll put you company name + phone number (on rear fenders), plus the Line-X name across the side if you cut me a deal. He cut me a deal. A GOOD DEAL! As for the other companies, I'm just showing support for the ones I personally like.

#23 ·
I want to make babies with that sweet truck.

#24 ·
F*cking Bad ^ss!! Love it!

#26 ·
I just gotta say that, much to my surprise, I really, really like that! Bravo!

I am also glad to see that you kept the labeling black-on-black.

I think we have our next truck of the month right there. :)

#28 ·
that truck looks awesome. Definitely TOTM if not TOTY worthy.

i have one minor teeny little piece of criticism, and its mostly just personal preference. but if the side mirrors were the black plastic to begin with, i would have left them be. i they were painted, maybe not. but the flat black plastic side mirrors would have gone well with the trim pieces and the hood latches so i dont think it woulda stood out negatively.

Either way.. if i ever find myself in a place where i need to protect all of my paint, or the red just doesnt work for me any more, lining the truck is definitely a cool option!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.