Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Frontier roof buckled???

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Contra 
#1 ·
I have a 16 Frontier King Cab and made a startling discovery today when looking at my truck from overhead. The roof panel appears to be buckled or dented in two places, one on each side of the vehicle directly above each suicide door near the roof seams. I never noticed this before, I've owned it since new and it's got just over 10k miles on it. A few things I must add...1) the lf fender and door were damaged by an uninsured motorcyclist three days after purchase (290 miles...yeah, I was quite upset!) lf fender was replaced, both lh doors repaired. I don't believe this is related. 2) vehicle was just serviced at the dealership last week. Could they have twisted the vehicle while lifting it? Dropped it off the lift? I haven't yet checked for obvious frame damage. I did contact the dealer and they said they'd have a look at it (I'm sure they think I'm crazy and won't admit anything) 3) while driving the interstate yesterday at 70-80 mph, I noticed a strange popping noise in the area of the rh rear window. In addition to this, I have noticed excessive wind noise in that same area since the vehicle was new; it didn't bother me enough to mention it to the dealer, but now I'm wondering...I know, this sounds like a crazy post from a newbie, and I'd probably laugh at it if it were posted by someone else, but hey, I figured I would throw this out there with the slim chance of someone else encountering the same issue. If you've had a similar situation or can somehow otherwise shed some light on this, I'd greatly appreciate it!!! Thanks!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
If it's damaged and you're sure you didn't do it, you should take it back and get it fixed.

I know that mine ("16" king cab 2WD) had some blemishes in the paint on the roof that looked
like they removed the protective plastic sheeting too forcefully. I took it back and they
managed to buff it out to my satisfaction. We pay for dealer prep and have every right to
expect them to deliver a spotless vehicle. I didn't notice the problem until about 2 weeks
after I received it. Fortunately they didn't give me any crap about it, I'm not sure where
things would have gone if they had.

#4 · (Edited)
Yeah, this definitely wasn't there when the truck was new. I only noticed it today, and it's kind of odd that it was just in the shop less than a week ago. I don't like to point fingers; I've worked in several dealerships myself and have dealt with unreasonable people who always start their conversations with, "ever since you fixed..." (You know the rest!) I definitely don't want to be that guy, but I also don't want to be responsible for damage I didn't cause (as was the case with the uninsured motorcyclist...that really p-ssed me off!) The dealership told me to stop by and they'd have a look at it, which means a 52 mile one way trip for me. I guess I'll make the trip and have them look at it, but I'm really not expecting to get much satisfaction. Oh well, we'll see. Thanks for the reply, I'll let you know how the trip to the dealership works out. Thanks again!

I will try to get some pictures up here tomorrow...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.