Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Frontier/Navara Front Diff

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  aronicemoto 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I see ARB offers air locker for the rd180 front diff for the Navara D40. Is someone offering new diff ratio in the front diff ? Or is it just the Titan conversion or the AT D44 ?

#2 ·
you have 3.13, 3.36, 3.57 and 3.69 all available from the factory and you can get all but the 3.57 for the C200k. I think you can get the 3.36, 3.57 and 3.69 for the D44 variant.
There is one place that makes a 4:10 for the R180 that fits in any R180 that came with the 3.57 and down and you can get a 4.10 for D44. There is something close for the C200k that fits, but no locker works with it yet.

As for me I have the 3.36 front and back now and an ARB on both and it works fine for me with 33" tires, but a 3.69 appears to be what most prefer to go to. I might have, but had bought the lockers a few months before I was getting them installed while they were on sale and did not know that a 3.69 existed for the C200k at the time and there is a spit in the carrier for the front locker where the one for 3.69 and up is different than the one I had bought originally planning on keeping the 3.13 gear set so I just moves to 3.36 as it was not that much money and actually decreased my install costs as the shop could get my new R180 ready without needing to leave my rig on a rack so as long as I was ok with it taking a bit longer they gave me 100 off the install cost.
So you do have options, just make sure you know what you want before you order the lockers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.