Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Experience with Tonno ProPremium Vinyl Tri-Fold?

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  street sweeper 
#1 ·
#2 ·
There is a direct correlation between what you pay and what you get, I don't like that clamping sytem and actually lost a tri fold cover off my titan years ago. It really SUCKS to then have to buy another of what you already had.
Look at the clamps on the Advantage Torza Top covers they twist to lock and cannot turn on their own but what you're considering can move if something in the bed nudges it.
There are also very different grades of vinyl in how they look and how they last.
Lastly the support ribs in quantity and quality are a huge factor in how well this item performs.
I had leather seats in mulitiple vehicles and they are all over the place in grade versus service life and some were not worth the upcharge the model came with so this is the same thing to consider.
Going back to my first line "you get what you pay for". Hope I helped you. Good luck.

Clint

#3 ·
i have one for my KC w/ 6' bed. Ive never had another tonneau cover to compare it to. it kind of bows up in the middle, not sure if thats my fault for securing the back two anchors when it wasnt completely centered/flat. But soon i am planning on moving to a camper shell to give me greater storage and flexibility. also its hard to keep clean, i got some leather vinyl dressing im going to try on a small part to see how it works.

#4 ·
I had the TonnoPro TriFold on My 2012 Frontier for about 2 months. It fit bad, it looked bad, felt cheap, came with a broken hinge, I gave it away. I have had a few Extangs (six I think) and I liked them all except my last one. Although I had problems with my last Extang, they were very quick to address the issues.

My favorite soft tonno was an Extang Tuff Tonno.

I would not buy another TonnoPro but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Extang.

#5 · (Edited)
If you plan on keeping your truck for more than 3 or 4 years you may want to invest in a higher end tonneau cover.
Over here in the midwest almost every truck on the road has an "Access" brand tonneau cover. The "Original" style.
Access's sister company "Agri" makes the roll up covers for the grain truck semi trucks = Heavy duty.
Link:
Truck Tonneau Covers | ACCESS Original Roll Up Tonneau Cover

Also a little preventive maintenance once or twice a year with a Tonneau Cover Vinyl Protectant will make any tonneau cover last a lot longer with something like this.
I just randomly found this one from a google search , I just use a cheap brand I found at fleet and farm store.
Link:
https://www.amazon.com/16oz-Wolfsteins-Tonneau-Cover-Protectant/dp/B000K8CSZW

What ever you do ..do not use an ArmorAll interior type product on your tonneau cover.

#6 ·
Thanks for the input everyone!

You would think that after 50 years on this earth I would learn that you get what you pay for.

Sometimes the cheap bastard in me takes over and then I end up paying for it later. LOL

Thanks again!

#7 ·
It must be from living here in NJ, lol.
I'm through Denville frequently.

Clint

#8 ·
#10 ·
Love mine. Fits perfect, works fine. I like that I can quickly remove it if needed. Folds up and stays nicely on the truck if I only need it partially open. Vinyl stays and looks fine as long as you take care of it. I treat it every month or two and it looks to be holding up fine.

#11 ·
so a little update on mine. its still bowed but i was able to clean up the vinyl fairly easily. i try to use self service car washes so i dont typically use brushes on my truck to clean it. But i decided to use a brush on the cover and the brush combined with some microfibers it cleaned up well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.