Suspension Lift Info 05+

2009 SE King Cab 4x4 6 speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Dennis
Here it is. It's offroad.com's video, but it was at Coopers test facility.

“You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred.” - Woody Allen

09 CC SE 4x4
2" Spacer Lift, AFE CAI, AFE MACH Force XP Cat Back Exhaust, 285/75-16 Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx, Defiant Truck Products Light Bar, Hella 700FF Driving Lights, Titus Products Hi-Lift Mount, Titus Products Spare Tire Mount, Titus Products Cargo Box
#23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Shift_Hardcore

I love MT hum =D.

Judging by your first post, it sounds like a nice all-season tire will work fine for you, unless noise isn't really the biggest issue and you want a more aggressive look. In that case, get another noisy set of tires.

Have you considered Toyo or Nitto A/T's as a sort of inbetweener?

2012 Pro-4x CC
Mods: Bilstein 5100/OME coils, Shackles/Bilstein 5125, Hefty Sliders, BFG 255/85r16 KM2's, Tinted windows, LEDs (interior, cargo, backup), Amsoil Ea filter
Pipe Dream: Custom bumpers, Calmini/Titan swap with full length coilovers, Alcan rear springs
The Following User Says Thank You to 05Fronty4x For This Useful Post:
jjw1 (12-07-2012)
#24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Shift_Fanatic
Premium Member

I won't buy Toyos, their crap. Wasn't really impressed with Nittos.

Dennis. Thanks for the vid. Looks like it did fine in that video. Pretty normal stuff, easy enough for and tire really, now the wet road and snow performance, that's what J want to know about.

www.nissanwheelers.com

JUST FRIGGIN BY-PASS!!

Last edited by chainsaw; 12-07-2012 at 03:55 PM.
#25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to Dennis
The S/T Maxx is fine in the rain. I'll let you know how they do in the snow sometime next year haha! You will probably have tires by then. The Duratracs have the severe service rating for snow, that sounds like what you are looking for.

“You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred.” - Woody Allen

09 CC SE 4x4
2" Spacer Lift, AFE CAI, AFE MACH Force XP Cat Back Exhaust, 285/75-16 Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx, Defiant Truck Products Light Bar, Hella 700FF Driving Lights, Titus Products Hi-Lift Mount, Titus Products Spare Tire Mount, Titus Products Cargo Box
#26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

whoever isn't getting good mileage out of duratracs must be out doing burnouts or driving their truck like its a corvette around corners

i've read several threads on people getting over 40k out of them and a guy i work with got 48k out of his, i consider that pretty good being that they're a true all terrain leaning hard on the MT side, i rotate mine every 5,000mi seems that rotating them often is the key to mileage
#27 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessler89 View Post
whoever isn't getting good mileage out of duratracs must be out doing burnouts or driving their truck like its a corvette around corners

i've read several threads on people getting over 40k out of them and a guy i work with got 48k out of his, i consider that pretty good being that they're a true all terrain leaning hard on the MT side, i rotate mine every 5,000mi seems that rotating them often is the key to mileage
This is true. When I had my 1st gen X I didn't rotate because Idk what in was thinking and I got 30k before the fronts wore terribly. Rotating should be fine, I'd buy them again they were great while they lasted.
I'd rotate the crap out of them this time lol.

Sent from my T959 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2010 P4X CC: 2.5in/2in Lift (ADF&PRG), SPC UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Xoskel Bumper Mouth Bracket w/ 4 Rigid Industries Duallys, Superchips Tuned 93 Performance w/WOT Removed & 2* timing advance, Kool Vue CAI, Rear Axle Vent Mod, Bakflip G2, Radiator bypass, LED conversion.
In Progress: Coilovers, Titan parts, WRP Pulley (in hand), IMS, exhaust.
Axle Vent Mod & Radiator Bypass
South Jersey
#28 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Rotation is good, but if your alignment is off the tires still won't last long.

I noticed a truck at work where the inside of the front tires had 1/2 the tread of the outsides. Looks like toe is set wrong, the tires are fairly new, a rotation will just put the same hurt on the other two.

I talked to the owner, I don't know if he's been in for an alignment or not. The thing is, with this much wear differential he's got a built in camber misalignment no matter where the tires get mounted next.

2008 SE 4WD, Crew Cab, Long Bed; Leer 180 Cap, 2" Receiver hitch, Trailer wiring in bumper. Cooper 245/75/16 M&S (Winter). Cooper 265/75R16 ATP (Summer). Full set of Hefty skids, TJM Coilover w/HD spring, SPC upper control arms and 2" rear add a leaf plus 1" block. TJM extended travel rear shocks. Pyle backup camera wired to a Pioneer radio.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.