Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Did you name your truck ?

14K views 78 replies 60 participants last post by  pocopine 
#1 ·
A recent post got me thinking about this. I'll go first. " The Chromed Avenger ". Hahahahahahaha. Don't have a cow, the image is Photoshopped. No, I'm not actually going to have it printed on my truck.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I name all my vehicles...

Frontier is named Nismo, not original but I felt like it was a decent enough name for a toy. I also call it mini hulk, but that's because of the lime green wheels.

#6 ·
A recent post got me thinking about this. I'll go first. " The Chromed Avenger ". Hahahahahahaha. Don't have a cow, the image is Photoshopped. No, I'm not actually going to have it printed >:Don my truck.
It would look better on your truck based on your safety theme if it was done in red reflector tape.>:D

#8 ·
My wife's Jetta TDI is "Gretta". Her former POS Subaru (we got a lemon) was named "Scarlet" (as from Gone With The Wind, so my Frontier got named "Rhrett" because he's red, handsome and capable. Full name, Rhrett Truckler. :surprise:

#9 ·
Black dog..

#10 ·
I had creatively named my '15 "Emi" (em-mee) after The Who's "Eminence Front" aka Eminence Front'ier. BUT, now that GM is using this song for their new Colorado(/Canyon)...well, it is a no-go.
Henceforth my '15 is now "Vaughan" to honor SRV (Stevie Ray) = who left us WAY too early.

My '00 was always Sylvia. Both trucks are silver FTW.

#11 ·
Mine is Silva and since I like the whimsical I added Stirling as a nod to a hero of my youth, legendary Stirling Moss.

Other names I like and considered but are still up for grabs: Fritz or Fritzie, as in The Cat or the foxy aunt in the Nancy comic strip; Belle or Bella, or Little Nell, because in my eyes she is right-sized and lovely; Ontos, a reference to a formidable, straight-ahead vehicle favored by the Marine Corps some years ago; Humpty or Yo-yo, really more suitable for the off-road folks I think; Howland, Jiminy, Pickles or el Niño for those trucks which seem incurably mischievous and exasperating.

#17 ·
I don't have a name for it, but my 5yo calls it blackie.

David your photo shop skills are great. Putting text on a photo at that angle (not taken straight on from the side) and making it look good can't be easy.

#21 ·
Thank you 2013Pro4X. I really do appreciate the compliment. The alignment is easier than it looks. I used the trucks body lines to adjust angle and perspective. Photoshop has several tools that allow you to line up text in almost any plain, including circles. I encourage everybody to try Photoshop. You can get a free 30 day use of all Adobe software on their site. I've gotten pretty good with Premier and the next one I want to learn is AfterEffects ( Photoshop for video ).

#22 · (Edited)
Wow spenser sedgwick , Anna Kendrick is so beautiful and talented. I have a bit of a thing for Sarah Michelle Gellar, myself.
I also have a thing for '57 T-Birds, pictured here, and, if I could ever afford one, I would definitely name her Amy Locane. YouTube this exact phrase, including quotes, and take the first hit to see why.
"A Teenage Prayer- Cry Baby Soundtrack - Rachel Sweet"
Wow, I was born in the wrong era !

Attachments

#23 ·
A few vehicles I've driven have earned nicknames. The POS Gran Torino station wagon my parents had when I was a teenager was the "Gross Green Machine". My '68 MGB was named the "Deathmobile" mostly by people who rode in it… My '78 Ford Courier was "Fishmobile", again named by others. I never felt the urge to name a vehicle I owned myself until I bought the Frontier. She looked so sleek and fierce in all silver and black that I spontaneously began calling her "Barracuda".

#27 · (Edited)
The early T-birds - '55, '56, '57 - have stood the test of time in the looks department. Like triplets they look alike at a glance but are different when you get to know them. The '55 had no continental kit, no portholes, or side vents, and there was something wanky about the electrical system. '56 added the above and corrected the electrical; '57 added small fins. Then a new gen with a back seat saw sales climb but enthusiasts leave. This is from memory, I haven't done fact-checking so may not have it entirely right.

I actually like the retro two-seater version Ford brought out in 2000. Not terrific performance but then neither had the originals.

Sorry to have hi-jacked your name thread - it's been a fun one.

#29 ·
The early T-birds - '55, '56, '57 - have stood the test of time in the looks department. Like triplets they look alike at a glance but are different when you get to know them. The '56 had no continental kit, portholes, or side vents, and there was something wanky about the electrical system. '56 added the above and corrected the electrical; '57 added small fins. Then a new gen with a back seat saw sales climb but enthusiasts leave. This is from memory, I haven't done fact-checking so may not have it entirely right.

I actually like the retro two-seater version Ford brought out in 2000. Not terrific performance but then neither had the originals.

Sorry to have hi-jacked your name thread - it's been a fun one.
You never have to apologize for talking about toys I love ( or lust ) Bill_c. Thank you for the info.

#30 ·
A coworker recently referred to my truck as 'that big earth crusher' and I kind of liked that. Admittedly, it's not nearly as earth-crushy as some of the other trucks on here but I might just start calling it Earth Crusher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.