Nissan Frontier Forum banner

cruise control

7K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  quietman 
#1 ·
Hello
I have a 2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo. I will put cruise on and then try to set it. I:crying::crying:t will work for 5 seconds and just go off. If I put cruise on again it will work again for 5 seconds and then not work at all. any Ideas?

#3 ·
This may sound stupid but check your tail lights. My cruise control quit working one time and it turned out that the fuse for my tail lights had blown and not having working cruise control is a way the truck lets you know.

#5 ·
Leomtodd, let us know what you finally figure is the cause of the problem. So we all learn something new. thanks

#9 ·
I have had some rare occasions when my cruise will not reset and go back on after I have hit the brake peddle. I have to turn it completely off at the switch and then set my speed. Then it works. (Note: mine was not a factory or dealer installed cruise control, its an aftermarket cruise installed by a private electronics firm). i still would not want to be without it for long drives.

#10 ·
Causes I've seen for any model vehicle.
Faulty clutch pedal switch
Faulty brake light switch- road vibration affects it
Weak brake pedal return. Pedal sits barely off the switch and momentarily bumps it when driving down the road- I had this one myself.

Then after that you get into various other things that are harder to track down.

#11 ·
Xtopher, what brand aftermarket cruise control are you using?

#13 ·
Sorry, I can't help you on that. It was installed by an automotive electronics firm by a salesman that wanted me to purchase the truck from the dealership. The dealership did not do the work.
I would advise just look around and find a private auto electronics firm that installs back up cameras, and cruise controls and they could give you a quote.

#12 ·
ive been having this problem for a while too. i hope it aint the taillights (pretty sure it isnt) cause ive been driving around like this for almost 2 years, if not more. i really miss fully functional cruise control. maybe ill go talk to the dealer:frown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.