The best A/T tires - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Shift_Newbie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The best A/T tires

I want to get these bald road tires off my truck and slip on some new all terrains. What tires do you run and what a/t tires would you reccomend. I just wanna see the highs and lows of what yall have experienced so i can make my choice wisely. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i run the pro comp xtreme mts, off road I love them. They love to dig in the loose stuff and push forward. On the road they behave pretty well. They are a little loud but with the radio on medium and the air conditioner on you can hardly hear them I would recommend these or check out the extreme ats Pro comp tires at hard to beat. Especiall when you get them buy 3 get 1 free

2006 KC SE 6sp.
suspension: Front-Radflo 2.5 coilovers, cst spindles, titan lca and prg uca... Rear- aal, calmini block, bilstein shocks.

exterior: custom front and rear bumpers, billet grille, powdercoated se wheels and bumpers, stainless brakelines, debadged tail gate, limo tint rear-30% upfront, 1.5" adapters, Pro Comp Xtreme M/T's 285/75/16

interior: painted door trim, alpine hu, speakers, and custom downfire box for a 10" type s

performance: Gibson catback, k&n cai, 2* timing advance

parts i have but not installed- Fenders front and rear
The Following User Says Thank You to allaboutatv For This Useful Post:
Superman293 (11-07-2008)
#3 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Shift_Fanatic

I would say hands down that the bfg is the best all terrain around... I have bought the bfg's for all of my trucks and i have never had a blow out. The tread wear is really good depending on if you like to do burn outs or not... i do it sometimes. Im from the south and there is nothing but sand and super nasty mud. They do awesome on the beach even in super deep sugar sand and they do pretty well in mud for an all terrain. i run the 285/ 75/ r16 and im sold for bfg... now they aint the cheapest tire around but i feel its worth the cash. why do it half azzed the first time then decide ur not happy and want to upgrade.

TRUCK: 2006 nissan frontier kc 6 speed, red alert 4x4
LIFT: Calimini 5" 4x4 parts 2" BL. TIRES: 33/12.50/R20 nitto mud grapplers PERFORMANCE: superchips cortex, Volant cai, helix tbs, stillen catback exhaust. AUDIO: 7" flip screen dvd player, KICKER solo L7 15" Sub, Fusion 2000w amp OTHER MODS: Tru Trac, DIY bed liner, black bull bar, black side steps. BROKEN PARTS: Front diff, Trasfer case main seal x2, Tailgate
The Following User Says Thank You to armyman20057 For This Useful Post:
Superman293 (11-07-2008)
#4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I think Im going to go with the BFG A/T KO's But I got a quote yesterday for the wild country XTX sport all season. suposed to be a mix between a Mud terrain and an AT, Its rated as a traction device.They said its a 50k mile tire too!!. But they are spendy as hell..@ $184 each!!

-Nick-
01 XE King Cab, V6, 4X4, 5 Speed
Rancho 2.5" lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2's, Fog light bypass mod, Intake mod, KS relocation mod, Painted headlights and front bar, Silverstar Ultra bulbs, Bed caps, Vent shades.
North West Frontier http://nwfrontier.com/
Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance!

Signature Built By;
http://www.screen-fx.net/
The Following User Says Thank You to XE_KING For This Useful Post:
Superman293 (11-07-2008)
#5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
bfg does make some very good tires but I think part of what you are paying for iis the name. I have 20000 miles on my tires and very minimal wear. I would be will ing to bet that these tires will last me 100000 miles. They are extremely durable

2006 KC SE 6sp.
suspension: Front-Radflo 2.5 coilovers, cst spindles, titan lca and prg uca... Rear- aal, calmini block, bilstein shocks.

exterior: custom front and rear bumpers, billet grille, powdercoated se wheels and bumpers, stainless brakelines, debadged tail gate, limo tint rear-30% upfront, 1.5" adapters, Pro Comp Xtreme M/T's 285/75/16

interior: painted door trim, alpine hu, speakers, and custom downfire box for a 10" type s

performance: Gibson catback, k&n cai, 2* timing advance

parts i have but not installed- Fenders front and rear
The Following User Says Thank You to allaboutatv For This Useful Post:
Superman293 (11-07-2008)
#6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Shift_Newbie

i just bought a set of a/t tires, Fuzion XTi. Fuzion is an offbrand of bridgestone/firestone, and theyre really great tires. and they provide great wet traction along with the standard abilities a/t. that was my first concern, that i got good trax in the rain. also theyre one of the more affordable choices on the market. defenatly check out the review on tire rack, NOBODY gave them nebad reviews.
The Following User Says Thank You to climb4fun For This Useful Post:
Superman293 (11-07-2008)
#7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Shift_Obsessed

The answer depends on whether you wheel or not. NJ doesnt get that much snow (I think BFG AT's suck in snow...mud too for that matter).

Kumho makes a decent AT, much less expensive than the BFG's and I found them to be much better in snow and mud (they're still not a MT). They wont last 70k like BFG's will but in my opinion, they are a better tire.

Bridgestone Dueler Revo's are a good tire too from what I've heard.

'05 Storm Gray SE CC 4x4, 6M. PRG 2" f/r, OEM fogs/skids, 265/75r16 Yokohama Geolandar AT/S, stubbie antenna. (GONE)
'11 F150, Ingot Silver XLT Off-Road Supercrew 275/65/18 Toyo AT2's
The Following User Says Thank You to Mainerunr For This Useful Post:
Superman293 (11-07-2008)
#8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Shift_Hardcore

I love the Revo's I've had...had a set on my Ranger and another on my Frontier. The nice thing about them is they are a great compromise between off and on-road performance. They do what I need in the dirt, but I can thrash the truck around on the street to and they still have amazing grip. I'm getting a set of Pirelli Scorpion ATR's on tonight though. I'm still happy with the Bridgestones but just figured I'd try something different.

05 NISMO CC 4X4 - Performance mods: Bassani cat-back, JBA headers, WRP crank pulley, Superchips tuner, Volant CAI, Truetrac dif
Pirelli Scorpion ATR's, Extang BlackMax tonno, AMI 15" stubbie antenna, Pioneer P6700 w/ iPod adapter, R/F Punch's in the front, Polk DB650's in the rear, Supercrewsound box with 10" Kenwood KFC-W2509 being pushed with Profile HA700M, Weathertech floor mats & window deflectors, OEM hood protector, sliding tailgate extender, keyless entry keypad, keyless entry mod for tailgate, grounding kit, PRG mini lift

01 Honda CBR600F4i
09 KTM XC-W 400 (dual-sported)
The Following User Says Thank You to bassman For This Useful Post:
Superman293 (11-07-2008)
#9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by climb4fun View Post
i just bought a set of a/t tires, Fuzion XTi. Fuzion is an offbrand of bridgestone/firestone, and theyre really great tires. and they provide great wet traction along with the standard abilities a/t. that was my first concern, that i got good trax in the rain. also theyre one of the more affordable choices on the market. defenatly check out the review on tire rack, NOBODY gave them nebad reviews.
I bought the same tires a couple months ago and i'm very happy with them, save for the road noise. They're noisier than the stock long trail's but it's not too bad with the radio on. For the small amount I go off road they do me well.
#10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
the best AT tire I`ve seen has been procomps. Great in sand and light mud since I`m a florida boy i don`t know jack about what makes a good snow tire
The Following User Says Thank You to danny For This Useful Post:
Superman293 (11-07-2008)

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.