Any Kayakers here? - Page 2 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Sev
Shift_Newbie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i have a 12ft SoT, havent been able to load the kayak into the truck yet since the truck is fairly new and it hasnt warmed up yet. i think im just going to strap it into the bed though since i dont have the roof rack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Shift_Fanatic
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMoore View Post

G]
Hey! Mount baker!

www.nissanwheelers.com

JUST FRIGGIN BY-PASS!!
#13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
Hey! Mount baker!
Yes it is! That's one of the sloughs off the Snohomish River between Lowell and Snohomish.

2011 Frontier PRO-4X Crew - Night Armor, Luxury Package, Sliding Bed Extender and Tow Package
#14 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 01:02 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to NC336
Any Kayakers here?

I own a Future Beach 126... I throw it in the bed and bungee it to the Utilitrac hardware; I live fairly close to the New River, probably have 5 places to put in in 5 miles or less from my front porch.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#15 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 AM
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by travhale View Post
What's your setup and how do you carry it on your truck?

I have an OK Prowler Trident Angler.. I do a lot of kayak fishing off the Gulf Coast.

Where at on the Gulf Coast? I live in Gulf Shores, AL. Do alot of Kayak fishing. Right now I only have a Pelican 12' fishing yak which I love for inshore stuff, not to big not to small. But I had a close encounter fishing out in the gulf, gave me a good story but I'm scared to go out that far now haha. I'm looking at getting a Jackson Cuda though, my grandpa just got one and loves it.

Oh and I just throw mine in the bed and shut the tailgate, if I'm hauling any more I'll usually tie ends down but most of the time I don't since all of my put ins are like a mile away. Wish I had some pics.

Last edited by NuclearJesus; 02-26-2013 at 07:27 PM.
#16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 AM
Shift_Hardcore

I've got a ascend fs10 that I just picked up used. And i'm looking to get a second kayak in the ft to 12ft range, but its tough to haul in a short bed with a tool box. I do have a factory roof rack but with the lift and lights I don't want to put the boats up there anymore. I think in going to order one of the T post extenders that mounts in the receiver hitch.

2006 2wd LE crew cab. 6" suspension lift via CST spindles and prg spacers. removed sway bar, 1.5" rear block, 2"AAL, prg adjustable shackles. Knockoff magnaflo muffler, K&N intake system. Rattle can bedliner on the front grille, duplicolor orange-red on the grille, tailgate and wheel emblems. plastidip wheels. 285/70R17 goodyear duratrac tires. Calmini prerunner front bumper, Cobra CB radio. OEM bug deflector and vent visors. 1.25" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers on the rear to even out the track width front and back. bushwacker fender flares unpainted.
#17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Shift_Newbie

i have a 10' inexpensive sit in, picked up at costco, thought i would give kayaking a try this year before i spent a wack of cash on a quality kayak, i do enjoy it but im more into the white water stuff. I strap mine down in the bed, it hangs over by 4.5', tie a red flag to the end and its all good.

2012 pro4x cc, knight armour, leather package, weather tech floor mats

#18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Shift_lurker

Home made rack

17' Kruger Sea Wind
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rack1.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	41207   Click image for larger version

Name:	rack3.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	41208  
#19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Shift_Hardcore

I just picked up one of the hitch mounted bed extenders today as well as a used 11.5' sit on top too.

2006 2wd LE crew cab. 6" suspension lift via CST spindles and prg spacers. removed sway bar, 1.5" rear block, 2"AAL, prg adjustable shackles. Knockoff magnaflo muffler, K&N intake system. Rattle can bedliner on the front grille, duplicolor orange-red on the grille, tailgate and wheel emblems. plastidip wheels. 285/70R17 goodyear duratrac tires. Calmini prerunner front bumper, Cobra CB radio. OEM bug deflector and vent visors. 1.25" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers on the rear to even out the track width front and back. bushwacker fender flares unpainted.
#20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 03:24 AM
Shift_Fanatic
Premium Member

Yup, Tire carrier doubles as a YAK carrier

05 Nismo CC 4X4
Interior:Wet okole seat covers, Panasonic deck and speakers, husky liners,CB,10" low pro sub.
Performance: Airflow snorkel, Red top optima, straight pipe, New Radiator, Green stuff brakes all the way around.
Everything else:Titan swapped with PRG Uppers,2.5 RF, PRG Extended half shafts,4 linked rear suspension, Tubed and bobbed bed,285/70/17 BFG All terrains, Herculined quarter panels and grill, Tinted windows,PR Tiregate, Shrock sliders,UWS Toolbox, 2" BL, 12000k Hid Halos,Defender RR, 4 Hellas. RLTW

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.