after battery disconnect how long before I can pass smog test? - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
after battery disconnect how long before I can pass smog test?

Hey guys, quick question. Just installed a larger (#2) Negative wire 2 days ago and ran another one from the block to the body/frame.The main negative still goes through the current sensor first. I went to get my inspection sticker today but failed on "data not ready" on the Mass OBDII test. Guys says I have to drive about 300 miles to get the computer to get to pass? Seems alittle extreme. I can only get 1 inspection for free after a fail. Sucks I gotta burn a tank and a half of gas to have the computer to have the data it needs.

T.I.A.

Bill

2010 SE KC 4x4 6spd, PRG 2" Sway-A-Way coil overs set for 3"with 750lb springs,Light Racing UCA,2" Body lift,Deaver 2 leaf AAl with Bilsteins 5100`s,Goodrich +4 SS lines,Stop-Tech rotors,Hawk LTS pads , 315/75/16 Fierce Attitude Mt, Energy susp bumpstops.Truetrac LSD rear,Lokka locker in front. Airaid Quickfit ,Synthamax airfilter with pre filter,JBA Ti headers,Gibson Stainless exhaust,Jet TBS,Hypertech Max Energy w/Prem fuel tune,PRG short shifter, Amsoil. Shrockworks Pre-runner winch bumper w/Engo 9k winch,Sliders and full belly skids. Leer 100XR cap, Bushwacker pocket flares,20" KC LED light bar.Full recovery gear kit, 48" high lift.Mean Green 200amp alt,Pioneer 1200watt amp,Clarion dual din,Alpine type R speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Shift_Obsessed

yeah, it is a long way. I don't remember it being 300 miles, But the guy probably doesn't want you to come in too early and blow your free retest.

2005 Storm Grey Nismo KC 4x4 6SPD
UUHHH lets just say it has a bit o character
(next mod big ol bucket o bondo)
#3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 4,283 Times in 2,408 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There are instructions in your owner's manual for performing a drive cycle. Then there's a key turning test you can do to make sure the truck is emissions ready. If it isn't, you just repeat the drive cycle a second time on a different day. Prior to my last smog check, I reset the battery, did the drive cycle over about 30 miles, and passed my smog check immediately afterward.

-Jennifer

Report a bad/flaming/illegal post by clicking on

Suspension Lift Info 05+

2009 SE King Cab 4x4 6 speed
#4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Well about 75 miles did it. All set with the sticker.Probably 25 starts.

Bill

2010 SE KC 4x4 6spd, PRG 2" Sway-A-Way coil overs set for 3"with 750lb springs,Light Racing UCA,2" Body lift,Deaver 2 leaf AAl with Bilsteins 5100`s,Goodrich +4 SS lines,Stop-Tech rotors,Hawk LTS pads , 315/75/16 Fierce Attitude Mt, Energy susp bumpstops.Truetrac LSD rear,Lokka locker in front. Airaid Quickfit ,Synthamax airfilter with pre filter,JBA Ti headers,Gibson Stainless exhaust,Jet TBS,Hypertech Max Energy w/Prem fuel tune,PRG short shifter, Amsoil. Shrockworks Pre-runner winch bumper w/Engo 9k winch,Sliders and full belly skids. Leer 100XR cap, Bushwacker pocket flares,20" KC LED light bar.Full recovery gear kit, 48" high lift.Mean Green 200amp alt,Pioneer 1200watt amp,Clarion dual din,Alpine type R speakers.
#5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 4,283 Times in 2,408 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
25 starts? Did you try the drive cycle?

-Jennifer

Report a bad/flaming/illegal post by clicking on

Suspension Lift Info 05+

2009 SE King Cab 4x4 6 speed

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.