Accident and whos fault? - Page 2 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry to hear your accident. Basically making a left turn is taking your life into your hands. Unless the other driver is DUI in which case no matter how guilty you were they'll be at fault.

Quote:
(d) The driver of any vehicle traveling at an unlawful speed shall forfeit any right-of-way which the driver might otherwise have hereunder.
Failure to Yield Right of Way - Attorney for Minnesota Accident Involving Failure to Yield Right of Way at Intersection or Stop Sign

But the law is meaningless if you have no means to enforce it. I was in a similar incident and the judge was not interested in my photos or the law.

If you escaped with your health consider yourself lucky and avoid court if at all possible, it's a waste of time. The police are government employees, the judge is a government employee.

2008 SE 4WD, Crew Cab, Long Bed; Leer 180 Cap, 2" Receiver hitch, Trailer wiring in bumper. Cooper 245/75/16 M&S (Winter). Cooper 265/75R16 ATP (Summer). Full set of Hefty skids, TJM Coilover w/HD spring, SPC upper control arms and 2" rear add a leaf plus 1" block. TJM extended travel rear shocks. Pyle backup camera wired to a Pioneer radio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You guys AMAZE me at avoiding the point here:

A freaking Camry demolished a Frontier.
#13 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 05:19 AM
Shift_lurker

yeah i hate camry even more now . she hit me from the driver side. the lady was not a license driver, she got ticket for that tho, and i forgot to mention as i pulled out i look right and left again maybe as i looked right, she whipped the turn without slowing down much then by the time i look left she was already coming. and i just got it last week from my dad he gave to me as a gift so it was still under his name and the insurance too. i will post pics
#14 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 05:28 AM
Shift_lurker

the leaf spring snapped, dont mind my filipino minion

once i removed the flares, i saw this

Axle bearing broke

i thought it was an easy fix later finding out i had to replace the oil seal that was inside there

this is last month when it wasnt mine yet lol, that guy right there is some stranger i dont know him
#15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 07:10 AM
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1tosh View Post
First question, is there a stop sign on the street you were turning from?
nope no stop sign only at the intersection and other thing is that the roads are not labeled but of course always stay on your right side
#16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Shift_Enthusiast
Lifetime Member

Garage
I think there may be more to it, but witnesses would be needed. Sometimes the right of way goes to the person who gets there first, but then again left turning vehicles usual need to yield to everyone. On another hand, if she had sufficient time to avoid the accident but didn't, it may be her fault. Of course with that one you would need several witnesses saying she apparently "intentionally" hit you by not avoiding the accident when she easily could have.

XLVIII
[/FONT][/CENTER]
#17 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Garage
All I will say is that here in California The crash would be your fault. You are entering traffic onto a through street which has the right of way, controlled or uncontrolled. You must yield to all traffic close enough to constitute a hazard. The speed of the other car does not factor unless it was so high that sight distance testing is ness. and you probably would not survive that kind of crash. The speed and licence status would be an associated factor only

My recently departed Friend;
2010 PRO-4X Night Armor CC. K&N intake. Prototype Magnaflow Cat-Back. Superchip'd. Readylift SST 2.5/1.5 lift. 285/75/16 BFG ATs. UHaul Hitch. White Rhino Fab Lightbar w/ Hella 500FFs. PIAA yellow fog bulbs. Silverstar 9007s. Bed mounted Hi-Lift Jack. Nissan acces(hood protector,side rails, window visors).

#18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Thanked 1,124 Times in 816 Posts
Garage
Send a message via MSN to Mhannis Send a message via Yahoo to Mhannis Send a message via Skype™ to Mhannis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzokie View Post
You guys AMAZE me at avoiding the point here:

A freaking Camry demolished a Frontier.
older and aged frontier versus a presumably newer camry...the front end core support i imagine would be stronger than the rear suspension and driveline of any small pickup of the age.

take into consideration the location of impact too. the rear end at a corner impact is the most sensitive location for damage. im sure smashing anyones front bumper into anyones tire would cause some sort of rear axle mangling.
#19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 4,236 Times in 2,385 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Google "last clear chance doctrine."

-Jennifer

Report a bad/flaming/illegal post by clicking on

Suspension Lift Info 05+

2009 SE King Cab 4x4 6 speed
#20 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Shift_Hardcore

A few of decades ago a fellow driving a big 4 door Lincoln sedan land yacht turned into his office right in front of my girlfriend (now wife). She was doing the speed limit (35mph) and had no time to react.

She was driving a Nissan Sentra (early 1980's model which weighed less than a ton) and slammed right into his passenger side quarter panel. The collision spun his car sideways and broke his axle as his car slid into the curb.

So I wouldn't be at all surprised that a Camry (which I'm guessing weighs at least a thousand pounds more than the old Sentra) would spin a light truck with enough violence to snap a few things.

Sucks for all involved, but one really shouldn't pull out in front of another vehicle (and then wonder who's at fault).

2012 Frontier Pro4X
King Cab
Automatic
Super Black (not just black but SUPER black!)
EZDown tailgate strut
Weathertech DigitalFit mats (grey)
Diamondback HD - LineX tonneau cover

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.