LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelgreg View Post
I was in my office today... its like I stepped in a bee's nest or feeding the seagulls at the beach ... Thier coming in from all directions ... LOL

I have dealers that won't even send me a price and just want me to come in to get a price ... I was like really you only have one left over pro 4X and it has rusty rotors in the pictures ... How long has that been sitting ... LOL

Bigger is better in my opinion , they have more floor selection , move more so will take less .

Then I get the last ditch sales pitch we will match any price ... one dealer had a 2015 with 30k on the truck and wanted 30k , we are a agreesive dealer and the prices are firm ... You only have 2 frontiers ... how aressive can you be with only two frontiers and one is used ... LOL

Its actually getting comical at this point

I'm marching on ... LOL

Have a great day guys
Any dealer that won't give me an OTD price out the gate gets blocked and unsubscribed from. It is nice to find dealers that but the best price online up front. Northern VA dealers do that and it is easy to buy from them unles you have a trade. Then they hold way back on the trade to make up from loses from the losing money pricing they sell the new unit for...

2016 Nissan Frontier SL 4x4 - Forged Copper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Not sure if this helps but I bought my 2016 in December of 2015. It is a crew cab 4x4 SV with value truck package. The price was $27,500. That is not out the door pricing, they stuck me with some other crap on top of it.

2016 Frontier Crew Cab SV 4x4
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Seems like Nissan dealers don't like to give OTD pricing over the Internet , I'm down to 3 dealers 2 are about an hour and one is 2 hrs , that is the problem with the baiting to get you in and then add to the pricing .
I try and get them to do a break down before I come out .
Example the 31.5 number was for a 2016 pro 4X with LUX but no trailer hitch or bed extender .
I have found a few different trucks I'm interested in , can't make my mind up if I want a pro 4X with or with out LUX for the only reason of getting a manual transmission vs sun roof and leather ... LOL
Right now wait for a few dealers to hit me back . I found 32.4 on the exact truck I'm looking for . There so close to a 2017 which 34.4 which is 2k difference I would think they can do better on the price .
I hit the dealer back with 31.5 only 900 bucks but will see .
Not sure if I will buy outright which I can do or just finance 20k ... Hate to take dough out of the bank even though not making squat these days .
Any one know what rate nissan is lending at these date of good buyers .

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:07 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Location: From one cold place at the TOW to another lower cold place...
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Nissan seems to be pretty competitive...I had 1.49% from USAA up to 48 months for a purchase but decided to lease due to the impending refresh (and eventually wanting a mid-sized truck with a diesel).

The lease was at 1.99% and in 3 years if I want, I'll just pay cash for the residual of the truck.

Financing via NMAC is totally based on your credit scores so you'll need to check with their financing dept.

'17 Frontier CC SV v6/6M 4x4 SB to compliment my TL1Ks and other stuff

...what to spend on first; suspension, armor, lighting?...the mod bug bites hard
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:41 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
hey guys got back an offer today 16 cc w/val package for 27899. best offer i got so far only thing is its 6-7 hours away from me.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 10:08 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nissan of Yorktown heights has decent pricing
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 08:44 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Defo go new, CPO cars in NY that are only 1 or 2 yrs old are priced like they are new at the dealers.

If you can, PA seems to have the better pricing on leftover models.

I could have saved some money if I bought an automatic also but I wanted the manual.

...what to spend on first; suspension, armor, lighting?...the mod bug bites hard
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 10:07 AM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Part of the problem from my research before I bought my '16 Fronty is that the pickup market has started to climb again. Cheap(er) gas prices and making pickups and SUVs popular again. High-end trim levels across the board, like the P4X are sellign without the dealer needed to give large markdowns.

That being said, I ended up going through my bank's car buying service. I have been banking with USAA for over 20 years. I know USAA is not available to everyone. However, other banks and credit unions have similar services. They have approved dealers and the service guarantees the price of the vehicle through that dealer. For me it was a no-brainer. I listed what I wanted, they gave me a fantastic price and the dealer honored it.

2016 King Cab S, 5-speed manual, 4x2
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 07:56 PM
Shift_Enthusiast
Lifetime Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
As the saying goes, money talks, BS walks. When I bought my SV VTP in '15, I had financing in place and a huge down payment. The only thing I didn't get was the color I wanted, if I had waited 10 days I would have had my choice of dark blue or dark grey. The sticker on my truck was $31,007. I offered $27,500, they countered at sticker, I countered at $28,000..........with tax and ext. warranty, I paid $32,000, $1,500 of that is ext. warranty. When I handed them a check for $20,000 the salesman's eyes bugged out, when I handed the finance guy the approval letter from Cap. One, he choked. Nissan was offering 0%, but my preapproval from NMAC was for 3%, my Cap. One is 2.9%. I asked them what they would give me if I took NMAC over Cap. One, they asked what I wanted. I told them free ext. warranty and 10 free oil changes. They said they could do the oil, but no the warranty.........I went with Cap. One, they still gave me 3 free oil changes.

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 09:01 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

I will never buy another new vehicle in NY; PA and MN seem to have the best deals on trucks (internet pricing along) when looking on Autotrader; then you negotiate from there...

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.