Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2016 Left Over Nissan Frontier Pricing

6K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  J&JPolangin 
#1 ·
Hey Guys ,
I have been shopping around for a 2016 Frontier Pro 4x with LUX PKG with in a 100 mile radius for the right deal . Does not look like mother nissan has offered any other incentives in january compared to last years december sale .

As everyone knows buying new is game , If its a non current year I'm going to beat them down and if not I move on . Right now the lowest for what I'm looking for is 31.500 for the 2016 and for a 2017 34.500 thats just back and forth on the internet pricing .

I figure I can do better than the 31k especially were going into the dead time for car sales everyone is paying off there credit cards from xmas and sales are slow for a few months .

I have bought Toyos , GM and Fords in the past , just wondering what to expect from nissan left over discount frontier pricing .

#2 ·
All you can do is try them out and see where they will go. I only bought my SV-VTP a couple months ago to which the 3 dealers all knew that I was internet shopping for the best price and features etc and none bothered with the old "we can beat that price" line... When I went to see the dealer with the lowest price and I tried to get him to come down some more he would not, guess I could have walked but didn't. My long-bed crew-cab with moon-roof was 30,079 plus TTL & DF...

#3 ·
I was trying a few dealers in my area before new years and I couldnt get any to go more than 2-3k below msrp. That was after deflecting tons of "just come in and we will talk about it" emails

I think alot of them are reluctant to send out quotes these days. A few years ago when buying my wifes Hyundai I was getting quotes left and right and playing multiple dealers off against one another

#5 · (Edited)
I'd done some stupid things last year in regards to buying/trading cars: I had a (then) current '15 Pro4x w/lux at $31K and made the dealer install a OEM tow pkg to sweeten it. I beat their *** on my trade, and they gave me what I wanted. Decided I needed an enclosed back hatch and made the truck turn into a Xterra when I heard they were being killed off. Made out well. Missed the truck, so I began the hunt for another deal on a Pro4x, to much different results.

I drove over four hours to pick up the Xterra, so I shopped dealers in the same range for the Fronty: in November, had a dealer offering a new '16 w/lux for $31,500, but passed as I really didn't want the roof rack. Looked again throughout December, and had absolutely zero takers in my price range. It seemed as if nobody wanted to let the '16's go for any cheaper than a '17, and I wasn't pleased. Saw that the local dealer who hooked me up the first time had a few '16 models without the lux, and got them down to where I wanted, which was $30K w/tow pkg. I not stellar, but it's what I wanted. I didn't want the '17 as I don't know what minor changes nissan made to the beloved 4.0 to run E85.

If you still find some '16 w/lux around tax time, they'll play ball. Until then, seems like trucks are hot.

#8 · (Edited)
I agree even tho I'm from ny most things do suck here. I had the dealer tell me 17 they discontinued the P4X. So I just took it on his word.

I'd done some stupid things last year in regards to buying/trading cars: I had a (then) current '15 Pro4x w/lux at $31K and made the dealer install a OEM tow pkg to sweeten it. I beat their *** on my trade, and hey have me what I wanted. Decided a needed an enclosed back hatch and made the truck turn into a Xterra when I heard they were being killed off. Made out well. Missed the truck, so I began the hunt for another deal on a Pro4x, to much different results.

I drove over four hours to pick up the Xterra, so I shopped dealers in the same range for the Fronty: in November, had a dealer offering a new '16 w/lux for $31,500, but passed as I really didn't want the roof rack. Looked again throughout December, and had absolutely zero takers in my price range. It seemed as if nobody wanted to let the '16's go for any cheaper than a '17, and I wasn't pleased. Saw that the local dealer who hooked me up the first time had a few '16 models without the lux, and got them down to where I wanted, which was $30K w/tow pkg. I not stellar, but it's what I wanted. I didn't want the '17 as I don't know what minor changes nissan made to the beloved 4.0 to run E85.

If you still find some '16 w/lux around tax time, they'll play ball. Until then, seems like trucks are hot.
Don't worry bro I've done dumb things as well from wranglers to FJ to a Tacoma back to jeep. I guess that's how we learn from mistakes good luck with everything

D

#7 ·
...most NY dealers suck and don't move on the price; if you look on Auto trader it seems PA has the best deals on the east coast as I saw P4x's going for ~$28k and change...

I didn't have the time to drive from upstate NY to PA to get the P4x so I went with the '17 SV in my sig instead.

#9 ·
I think the winter is the wrong time to be in the market for a 4x4 truck in an upstate area...unfortunately this was when I had to PCS so I was stuck.

#11 ·
...yeah, too bad the vehicle buying experience is ruined by sales people who usually have no idea what they are actually selling!

When I was a lot delivery "kid" working for a Porsche, BMW, Jag and Subaru dealer in MD I knew more than most of the salesmen (because cars are every kids hobby) and frequently corrected what they incorrectly told customers as the customers were looking at the different models on the lot...

My customer service frequently earned "free days" in the Porsche of my choice (since I was bonded and insured to drive them)...what more could a teenager ask for as a "bonus" than to drive a Porsche as a reward for a job well done!

If only I could have stayed a teenager at that job forever LOL.

#13 ·
That's awesome bro what a job indeed! When I was buying my jeep I swear the sales guy was a moron, I knew more then him and his manager that the female cleaning said honey u should work here you'd bury these guys. lol I can't wait to buy my truck. It's just all the stuff ya here with these trucks makes me a lil worries. But that said same thing with my jeep. You like yrs? Any advice on what to look for ? Did u wish u got an option after u bought the truck?

#14 ·
I like the linear power delivery on the v6 engine - been driving turbo diesel hilux trucks and hiace vans in Greenland for the last ~22 months (they are Eu version turbo diesel I4's that we can't get in the USA).

I do wish they were a bit better on gas but that's not the type of vehicle this is and I was aware of that when I purchased it.

I do miss automatic headlights that I've had on other vehicles.

I thought I would miss having a rear wiper & rear defogger but the rear glass seems to stay clean in all the snow or rain we've had the last few weeks I've driven the truck.

#16 ·
I picked up my '16 P4X 6 speed last week. There was about $1,000 incentive cash for 16's, plus i was able to negotiate a few thousand off the MSRP, so it was $29,500-ish. Not many left out there so I couldn't be too choosey, mine was dealer traded from almost 500 miles away, and not wanting white or black, I ended up with forged copper.

#17 ·
Morning guys ,
Its a crisp 10 degrees out here in the grater northeast the car dealers will start contacting me in a few hours since I did contact a few more dealers yesterday about pro 4X with LUX pkg .
I'm just outside philadelphia in the burbs lots of dealers in my area but am willing to travel up to 100 miles for the right deal .
Like another memeber had posted its time to start playing each dealer against each other . I know what I can pay for a 2017 which I understand new their not going to come off their posted price too much .
I told a dealer the other day , your sitting on 2016 and you had all year to sell the 2016 and its now a non current year truck my job is to beat you up as much as possible .... LOL
Right now seems like 34k is do able on a 2017 with LUX pkg in my area .
I have not gone out to the dealers , just working off the Internet going have to get out and hit the dealers , my local dealer blows , won't even give me a price unless I come out and thats why they have 2015 models sitting on their lot .
Have a great day

#18 ·
They are 28,995 to 29,995 in northern VA. Have to add freight and fees, but that is the best I have seen. Sheehy Nissan of Mannassas and Leckner Nissan are a couple with these prices...

I ended up finding a used 2016 SL for 27K to avoid freight and lower fees.

#19 ·
You may not feel the same way but I think you're going to get a great price. I got my 2016 pro without the luxury package as the 6spd was mandatory for me, and I was just under 37k$. I know I paid on the high end but they had to search high and low to find a pro-4x as they aren't very common down here in the South I guess. It's actually depressing to hear folks toss around numbers in the sub 30k range for the same vehicle, but eh. We all make our choices. Hope you win your war with the dreaded salesfolks.

#20 ·
I was in my office today... its like I stepped in a bee's nest or feeding the seagulls at the beach ... Thier coming in from all directions ... LOL

I have dealers that won't even send me a price and just want me to come in to get a price ... I was like really you only have one left over pro 4X and it has rusty rotors in the pictures ... How long has that been sitting ... LOL

Bigger is better in my opinion , they have more floor selection , move more so will take less .

Then I get the last ditch sales pitch we will match any price ... one dealer had a 2015 with 30k on the truck and wanted 30k , we are a agreesive dealer and the prices are firm ... You only have 2 frontiers ... how aressive can you be with only two frontiers and one is used ... LOL

Its actually getting comical at this point

I'm marching on ... LOL

Have a great day guys

#21 ·
Any dealer that won't give me an OTD price out the gate gets blocked and unsubscribed from. It is nice to find dealers that but the best price online up front. Northern VA dealers do that and it is easy to buy from them unles you have a trade. Then they hold way back on the trade to make up from loses from the losing money pricing they sell the new unit for...

#22 ·
Not sure if this helps but I bought my 2016 in December of 2015. It is a crew cab 4x4 SV with value truck package. The price was $27,500. That is not out the door pricing, they stuck me with some other crap on top of it.

#23 ·
Seems like Nissan dealers don't like to give OTD pricing over the Internet , I'm down to 3 dealers 2 are about an hour and one is 2 hrs , that is the problem with the baiting to get you in and then add to the pricing .
I try and get them to do a break down before I come out .
Example the 31.5 number was for a 2016 pro 4X with LUX but no trailer hitch or bed extender .
I have found a few different trucks I'm interested in , can't make my mind up if I want a pro 4X with or with out LUX for the only reason of getting a manual transmission vs sun roof and leather ... LOL
Right now wait for a few dealers to hit me back . I found 32.4 on the exact truck I'm looking for . There so close to a 2017 which 34.4 which is 2k difference I would think they can do better on the price .
I hit the dealer back with 31.5 only 900 bucks but will see .
Not sure if I will buy outright which I can do or just finance 20k ... Hate to take dough out of the bank even though not making squat these days .
Any one know what rate nissan is lending at these date of good buyers .

#24 ·
Nissan seems to be pretty competitive...I had 1.49% from USAA up to 48 months for a purchase but decided to lease due to the impending refresh (and eventually wanting a mid-sized truck with a diesel).

The lease was at 1.99% and in 3 years if I want, I'll just pay cash for the residual of the truck.

Financing via NMAC is totally based on your credit scores so you'll need to check with their financing dept.

#27 ·
Defo go new, CPO cars in NY that are only 1 or 2 yrs old are priced like they are new at the dealers.

If you can, PA seems to have the better pricing on leftover models.

I could have saved some money if I bought an automatic also but I wanted the manual.

#28 ·
Part of the problem from my research before I bought my '16 Fronty is that the pickup market has started to climb again. Cheap(er) gas prices and making pickups and SUVs popular again. High-end trim levels across the board, like the P4X are sellign without the dealer needed to give large markdowns.

That being said, I ended up going through my bank's car buying service. I have been banking with USAA for over 20 years. I know USAA is not available to everyone. However, other banks and credit unions have similar services. They have approved dealers and the service guarantees the price of the vehicle through that dealer. For me it was a no-brainer. I listed what I wanted, they gave me a fantastic price and the dealer honored it.

#29 ·
As the saying goes, money talks, BS walks. When I bought my SV VTP in '15, I had financing in place and a huge down payment. The only thing I didn't get was the color I wanted, if I had waited 10 days I would have had my choice of dark blue or dark grey. The sticker on my truck was $31,007. I offered $27,500, they countered at sticker, I countered at $28,000..........with tax and ext. warranty, I paid $32,000, $1,500 of that is ext. warranty. When I handed them a check for $20,000 the salesman's eyes bugged out, when I handed the finance guy the approval letter from Cap. One, he choked. Nissan was offering 0%, but my preapproval from NMAC was for 3%, my Cap. One is 2.9%. I asked them what they would give me if I took NMAC over Cap. One, they asked what I wanted. I told them free ext. warranty and 10 free oil changes. They said they could do the oil, but no the warranty.........I went with Cap. One, they still gave me 3 free oil changes.

#30 ·
I will never buy another new vehicle in NY; PA and MN seem to have the best deals on trucks (internet pricing along) when looking on Autotrader; then you negotiate from there...

#31 ·
Two things to consider. 1. Nissan Frontier sales for 2016 was way up from the previous year. and 2. Model year switch is usually Aug-September. Hence if you shop just before the new model comes out the dealers are anxious to rid themselves of previous year models.

If as Nissan says the "New" Frontier is released later this year THEN is the time to snag a 2017!!! Just my two cents!

#32 ·
...yeah, just bad timing on my part with this PCS move; more time and I would have driven to PA or MN (on the way)...

#34 ·
Make sure you check out the VPP pricing that you get for being military. It took my 2015 SV 4x4 CC 6M down 2700 off of MSRP, then i stacked the 500 cash back for financing through nmac at 1.90% 29,800 MSRP down to 26,600. I probably would have gotten a pro-4x if i could do it over, but the learning process of modding it (OME suspension, new audio, Elocker, ect) will be worth the time. I love the truck.

#33 ·
got my CC P4X back in August when they were running 0.9% financing. Paid $30,000 for it. It is important what salesperson you get and who the sales manager is. In the past I have had two completely different offers from the same dealership by going in on different days and talking to someone else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.