2016 Left Over Nissan Frontier Pricing - Page 2 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:56 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Location: From one cold place at the TOW to another lower cold place...
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
...yeah, too bad the vehicle buying experience is ruined by sales people who usually have no idea what they are actually selling!

When I was a lot delivery "kid" working for a Porsche, BMW, Jag and Subaru dealer in MD I knew more than most of the salesmen (because cars are every kids hobby) and frequently corrected what they incorrectly told customers as the customers were looking at the different models on the lot...

My customer service frequently earned "free days" in the Porsche of my choice (since I was bonded and insured to drive them)...what more could a teenager ask for as a "bonus" than to drive a Porsche as a reward for a job well done!

If only I could have stayed a teenager at that job forever LOL.

'17 Frontier CC SV v6/6M 4x4 SB to compliment my TL1Ks and other stuff

...what to spend on first; suspension, armor, lighting?...the mod bug bites hard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:21 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
All you can do is try them out and see where they will go. I only bought my SV-VTP a couple months ago to which the 3 dealers all knew that I was internet shopping for the best price and features etc and none bothered with the old "we can beat that price" line... When I went to see the dealer with the lowest price and I tried to get him to come down some more he would not, guess I could have walked but didn't. My long-bed crew-cab with moon-roof was 30,079 plus TTL & DF...
Still not a bad price. IMHO
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullyson88 For This Useful Post:
teecro (01-08-2017)
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:28 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&JPolangin View Post
...yeah, too bad the vehicle buying experience is ruined by sales people who usually have no idea what they are actually selling!

When I was a lot delivery "kid" working for a Porsche, BMW, Jag and Subaru dealer in MD I knew more than most of the salesmen (because cars are every kids hobby) and frequently corrected what they incorrectly told customers as the customers were looking at the different models on the lot...

My customer service frequently earned "free days" in the Porsche of my choice (since I was bonded and insured to drive them)...what more could a teenager ask for as a "bonus" than to drive a Porsche as a reward for a job well done!

If only I could have stayed a teenager at that job forever LOL.
That's awesome bro what a job indeed! When I was buying my jeep I swear the sales guy was a moron, I knew more then him and his manager that the female cleaning said honey u should work here you'd bury these guys. lol I can't wait to buy my truck. It's just all the stuff ya here with these trucks makes me a lil worries. But that said same thing with my jeep. You like yrs? Any advice on what to look for ? Did u wish u got an option after u bought the truck?
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:38 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Location: From one cold place at the TOW to another lower cold place...
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
I like the linear power delivery on the v6 engine - been driving turbo diesel hilux trucks and hiace vans in Greenland for the last ~22 months (they are Eu version turbo diesel I4's that we can't get in the USA).

I do wish they were a bit better on gas but that's not the type of vehicle this is and I was aware of that when I purchased it.

I do miss automatic headlights that I've had on other vehicles.

I thought I would miss having a rear wiper & rear defogger but the rear glass seems to stay clean in all the snow or rain we've had the last few weeks I've driven the truck.

'17 Frontier CC SV v6/6M 4x4 SB to compliment my TL1Ks and other stuff

...what to spend on first; suspension, armor, lighting?...the mod bug bites hard
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:57 PM
Shift_Newbie

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&JPolangin View Post
I do miss automatic headlights that I've had on other vehicles.
While not automatic they will at least turn off automatically shortly after you exit the truck...

T CRO
2016 SV-VTP CC/LB 4X4 V6/AUTO
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 06:50 AM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I picked up my '16 P4X 6 speed last week. There was about $1,000 incentive cash for 16's, plus i was able to negotiate a few thousand off the MSRP, so it was $29,500-ish. Not many left out there so I couldn't be too choosey, mine was dealer traded from almost 500 miles away, and not wanting white or black, I ended up with forged copper.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Morning guys ,
Its a crisp 10 degrees out here in the grater northeast the car dealers will start contacting me in a few hours since I did contact a few more dealers yesterday about pro 4X with LUX pkg .
I'm just outside philadelphia in the burbs lots of dealers in my area but am willing to travel up to 100 miles for the right deal .
Like another memeber had posted its time to start playing each dealer against each other . I know what I can pay for a 2017 which I understand new their not going to come off their posted price too much .
I told a dealer the other day , your sitting on 2016 and you had all year to sell the 2016 and its now a non current year truck my job is to beat you up as much as possible .... LOL
Right now seems like 34k is do able on a 2017 with LUX pkg in my area .
I have not gone out to the dealers , just working off the Internet going have to get out and hit the dealers , my local dealer blows , won't even give me a price unless I come out and thats why they have 2015 models sitting on their lot .
Have a great day
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
They are 28,995 to 29,995 in northern VA. Have to add freight and fees, but that is the best I have seen. Sheehy Nissan of Mannassas and Leckner Nissan are a couple with these prices...

I ended up finding a used 2016 SL for 27K to avoid freight and lower fees.

2016 Nissan Frontier SL 4x4 - Forged Copper
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Garage
You may not feel the same way but I think you're going to get a great price. I got my 2016 pro without the luxury package as the 6spd was mandatory for me, and I was just under 37k$. I know I paid on the high end but they had to search high and low to find a pro-4x as they aren't very common down here in the South I guess. It's actually depressing to hear folks toss around numbers in the sub 30k range for the same vehicle, but eh. We all make our choices. Hope you win your war with the dreaded salesfolks.

SASHA: 2016 PRO-4x Standard. JBA headers, JBA SS exhaust. Tekonsha P3, Shrock diff cover + Lubelocker gasket, Shrock skids. WK sliders.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I was in my office today... its like I stepped in a bee's nest or feeding the seagulls at the beach ... Thier coming in from all directions ... LOL

I have dealers that won't even send me a price and just want me to come in to get a price ... I was like really you only have one left over pro 4X and it has rusty rotors in the pictures ... How long has that been sitting ... LOL

Bigger is better in my opinion , they have more floor selection , move more so will take less .

Then I get the last ditch sales pitch we will match any price ... one dealer had a 2015 with 30k on the truck and wanted 30k , we are a agreesive dealer and the prices are firm ... You only have 2 frontiers ... how aressive can you be with only two frontiers and one is used ... LOL

Its actually getting comical at this point

I'm marching on ... LOL

Have a great day guys

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.