LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2016 Left Over Nissan Frontier Pricing

Hey Guys ,
I have been shopping around for a 2016 Frontier Pro 4x with LUX PKG with in a 100 mile radius for the right deal . Does not look like mother nissan has offered any other incentives in january compared to last years december sale .

As everyone knows buying new is game , If its a non current year I'm going to beat them down and if not I move on . Right now the lowest for what I'm looking for is 31.500 for the 2016 and for a 2017 34.500 thats just back and forth on the internet pricing .

I figure I can do better than the 31k especially were going into the dead time for car sales everyone is paying off there credit cards from xmas and sales are slow for a few months .

I have bought Toyos , GM and Fords in the past , just wondering what to expect from nissan left over discount frontier pricing .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
All you can do is try them out and see where they will go. I only bought my SV-VTP a couple months ago to which the 3 dealers all knew that I was internet shopping for the best price and features etc and none bothered with the old "we can beat that price" line... When I went to see the dealer with the lowest price and I tried to get him to come down some more he would not, guess I could have walked but didn't. My long-bed crew-cab with moon-roof was 30,079 plus TTL & DF...

T CRO
2016 SV-VTP CC/LB 4X4 V6/AUTO
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I was trying a few dealers in my area before new years and I couldnt get any to go more than 2-3k below msrp. That was after deflecting tons of "just come in and we will talk about it" emails

I think alot of them are reluctant to send out quotes these days. A few years ago when buying my wifes Hyundai I was getting quotes left and right and playing multiple dealers off against one another

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:29 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Wow I can't get the dealer to go down 34,500 on a pro 4x he says it a 2017 but I thought the did not make them after 16'. Where can u get a P4X for 31500???

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
All you can do is try them out and see where they will go. I only bought my SV-VTP a couple months ago to which the 3 dealers all knew that I was internet shopping for the best price and features etc and none bothered with the old "we can beat that price" line... When I went to see the dealer with the lowest price and I tried to get him to come down some more he would not, guess I could have walked but didn't. My long-bed crew-cab with moon-roof was 30,079 plus TTL & DF...
Wow that's a good deal. So it's realistic to get an Cc short bed with moon roof and Val package for 31k

Last edited by Bullyson88; 01-08-2017 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:49 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I'd done some stupid things last year in regards to buying/trading cars: I had a (then) current '15 Pro4x w/lux at $31K and made the dealer install a OEM tow pkg to sweeten it. I beat their *** on my trade, and they gave me what I wanted. Decided I needed an enclosed back hatch and made the truck turn into a Xterra when I heard they were being killed off. Made out well. Missed the truck, so I began the hunt for another deal on a Pro4x, to much different results.

I drove over four hours to pick up the Xterra, so I shopped dealers in the same range for the Fronty: in November, had a dealer offering a new '16 w/lux for $31,500, but passed as I really didn't want the roof rack. Looked again throughout December, and had absolutely zero takers in my price range. It seemed as if nobody wanted to let the '16's go for any cheaper than a '17, and I wasn't pleased. Saw that the local dealer who hooked me up the first time had a few '16 models without the lux, and got them down to where I wanted, which was $30K w/tow pkg. I not stellar, but it's what I wanted. I didn't want the '17 as I don't know what minor changes nissan made to the beloved 4.0 to run E85.

If you still find some '16 w/lux around tax time, they'll play ball. Until then, seems like trucks are hot.

Last edited by Spectre04; 01-09-2017 at 07:34 AM.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullyson88 View Post
... on a pro 4x he says it a 2017 but I thought the did not make them after 16'.
Well they do still make the Pro-4X it's in the 2017 line up...

T CRO
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:58 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Location: From one cold place at the TOW to another lower cold place...
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
...most NY dealers suck and don't move on the price; if you look on Auto trader it seems PA has the best deals on the east coast as I saw P4x's going for ~$28k and change...

I didn't have the time to drive from upstate NY to PA to get the P4x so I went with the '17 SV in my sig instead.

'17 Frontier CC SV v6/6M 4x4 SB to compliment my TL1Ks and other stuff

...what to spend on first; suspension, armor, lighting?...the mod bug bites hard
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:28 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I agree even tho I'm from ny most things do suck here. I had the dealer tell me 17 they discontinued the P4X. So I just took it on his word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre04 View Post
I'd done some stupid things last year in regards to buying/trading cars: I had a (then) current '15 Pro4x w/lux at $31K and made the dealer install a OEM tow pkg to sweeten it. I beat their *** on my trade, and hey have me what I wanted. Decided a needed an enclosed back hatch and made the truck turn into a Xterra when I heard they were being killed off. Made out well. Missed the truck, so I began the hunt for another deal on a Pro4x, to much different results.

I drove over four hours to pick up the Xterra, so I shopped dealers in the same range for the Fronty: in November, had a dealer offering a new '16 w/lux for $31,500, but passed as I really didn't want the roof rack. Looked again throughout December, and had absolutely zero takers in my price range. It seemed as if nobody wanted to let the '16's go for any cheaper than a '17, and I wasn't pleased. Saw that the local dealer who hooked me up the first time had a few '16 models without the lux, and got them down to where I wanted, which was $30K w/tow pkg. I not stellar, but it's what I wanted. I didn't want the '17 as I don't know what minor changes nissan made to the beloved 4.0 to run E85.

If you still find some '16 w/lux around tax time, they'll play ball. Until then, seems like trucks are hot.
Don't worry bro I've done dumb things as well from wranglers to FJ to a Tacoma back to jeep. I guess that's how we learn from mistakes good luck with everything

D

Last edited by Bullyson88; 01-08-2017 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:46 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Location: From one cold place at the TOW to another lower cold place...
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
I think the winter is the wrong time to be in the market for a 4x4 truck in an upstate area...unfortunately this was when I had to PCS so I was stuck.

'17 Frontier CC SV v6/6M 4x4 SB to compliment my TL1Ks and other stuff

...what to spend on first; suspension, armor, lighting?...the mod bug bites hard
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:49 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullyson88 View Post
I agree even tho I'm from ny most things do suck here. I had the dealer tell me 17 they discontinued the P4X. So I just took it on his word.
I don't have much to go on here as I just purchased mine only a couple months ago but thus far I'm not highly impressed with the salesmen at any of the 3 dealerships I contacted as one told me that they don't make long-beds, another had to be told what was on his lot by me from looking at the NissanUSA website... Then finance guy got snarky when I brought my own financing that he couldn't even match and would not let him sell me on any other warranty plans etc, when I'd had enough of his pressure and insults I called him a F'in Dago (since is business card said Little Italian) and asked him if he wanted to sell this truck or not... He apologized and we finished the signing....

T CRO

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.