Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2013 SV Trailer receptacle issue

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  The other Sean 
#1 ·
Quick question:
I tested the connections on my trailer receptacle and it looks like my tail light works fine, but my turn signals do not.
I checked the one fuse under the hood that is labeled trailer and it appears to be fine.

My next step was to take the receptacle itself apart, but I thought I'd check on here before.

Any thoughts or ideas? No other fuses to check, right?

Thanks!

#4 ·
Look in the passenger side kick panel for the three relays, I believe they are blue and brown.

Clint

#6 · (Edited)
Not sure who installed it Factory or Dealer , Guess it doesnt matter.
Sounds like you need the relay.
I had the same problem on my 2012 SL , I purchased the truck "used" hooked my boat trailer and all I had where running lights.
I had to purchase the complete wiring kit from the dealer just for the relay (they wont sell just the relay) that goes under the front passenger side kick panel.
Here are some threads:
https://www.google.com/search?q=nis...ntier+trailer+relay+site:www.clubfrontier.org

You just need to remove the front passenger side kick panel and see if the relay is there / installed

#7 ·
Is this a first time tow for this truck? If so maybe they were never installed.

Clint

#9 ·
Not sure what else to tell ya....
Other than now that I think about it , I probably drove my boat/trailer to the lake 2 or 3 times before I noticed I did not have blinkers or brake lights on my trailer(only running lights).
From what you are describing it sounds like you are missing the three relays attached to a wire that go under the front passenger kick panel.

#11 ·
I really think that it may have to do with a short that I may have cause while working in the trailer wiring. Is there another fuse somewhere other than the one under the hood that I should check?

#12 ·
In the kick panel did you see 2 blue and 1 brown relay? They may be wrapped in foam.

Clint

#13 ·
I figured it out. I didn't realize that there was a second (smaller) fuse box under the hood that had a separate fuse (15 amp) for "trailer turn" - sure enough that one was blown and I replaced and I am back in business.
I knew for a fact that my turn signals on previous trailer worked, but I didn't want to rule anything out/

Thanks for the help!

This is good stuff too: Nissan Frontier Electrical Fuse Replacement Guide - 2005 To 2016 Model Years - Picture Illustrated Automotive Maintenance DIY Instructions

#14 ·
Good to hear it's all fine now.

Clint

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.