2013 mudflaps ahead of tire? - Page 4 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Trying to find out if those rear wind deflectors will fit prior years ... 2010? The dealers I have checked with can not provide that verification...has anyone done this yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Thanked 1,071 Times in 785 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Mhannis
To my knowledge, nissan has not been forthcoming with accurate part numbers and compatibility. anything can be done with time and money and a pair of balls to punch holes if necessary...

but as of yet. both the wind dams between cab and bed and the wind deflectors for tires have not had numbers found for them yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mhannis For This Useful Post:
minitruckin (07-18-2013)
#33 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendumpling View Post
Trying to find out if those rear wind deflectors will fit prior years ... 2010? The dealers I have checked with can not provide that verification...has anyone done this yet?
I cannot see any physical reason why they wouldn't fit a 2005+. Problem is my dealer cannot find a part number, so he is unable to order or price. They are confused as not all 2013's on their lot have them.

My conspiracy theory is the assembly line morning shift installs them, but the second shift, angry that first shift leaves the breakroom filthy, does not. One less item to wax around I suppose.

Didn't realize when I took the pictures that I didn't see any clear tape stuff behind these mini mudflaps. So I have to wonder how quickly the paint gets chafed.

Last edited by Suzokie; 07-18-2013 at 10:45 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Suzokie For This Useful Post:
yamato72 (07-18-2013)
#34 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 11:36 AM
Shift_lurker

This is all I have thus far. Thought maybe someone had already attempted and would chime on in.

Thanks,

Norm

Glad to help. Unfortunately, Nissan wonít tell us if it would work or not.

xxxx

Parts and ServiceDirector

xxx

xxxx

xxxx

Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:38 AM
To: xxxx
Subject: Re: messageid:3824234 RE: 2013 Nissan Frontier - mud flap and weather strip between cab and bed

Hi xxxx,

Iím trying to verify on the forums if these can be made to fit prior years. Still waiting on a reply ...

Thank you for looking up the information. If they will work, Iíll get back in contact and order them up.

Sincerely,

Norm

Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 12:38 PM

To: xxxx

Subject: RE: messageid:3824234 RE: 2013 Nissan Frontier - mud flap and weather strip between cab and bed

Ok, here is part numbers and my internet prices. The first two are the mud flaps at the beginning of the rear tire, the last is the seal. The only problem is that I have nothing that tells me if this will work on your truck. The application on these parts shows 12/12 and up but that would also be because they were not original equipment on the 10ís.

1 93883-9BA0A WIND DEFL-R 1 1 5.03

2 93882-9BA0A WIND DEFL-R 1 1 5.03

3 938G1-9BF0A SEAL-REAR B 1 1 11.32

xxxxx

Parts and ServiceDirector

xxxx

xxxxx

xxxx

#35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
just looked at the part number he provided for the seal. it is the wrong seal. that is not the bed edge attachment. that is the seal that bolts to the bed and runs laterally along the gap.

the other two are the forward flaps on the KC model. it does not say if they will fit on the CC model.

i do not know if your truck is kc or CC, so if you ARE a KC model. then they should fit. the part number shows its backwards compatible back to 05

Last edited by Mhannis; 07-18-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
#36 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Shift_lurker

I originally asked the dealer about the black strip that is now between the box (attached to) and the cab. Are you saying that is the wrong part or do you have the correct number?

I'm not really sure if I want the strip seal that goes there...

Thanks for the help

Only reason I'm considering this is to reduce the rock chipping that plagues the shorter bed corners up front. 2010 SE CrewCab 4x4 with the standard short bed...

Last edited by chickendumpling; 07-18-2013 at 01:43 PM.
#37 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
neither of those items are going to help with rock chips. theyre strictly aerodynamic "tweaks" to the body design in order to be able to rate the mpg higher. the real changes happened in the motor.

the seal that they quoted you, is not side specific like the seal should be that we're looking for. its a moulded piece that would be L or R designated. the seal they quoted you runs from right to left and is an air dam that is bolted the the front of the box between cab and bed.
#38 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhannis View Post
neither of those items are going to help with rock chips. theyre strictly aerodynamic "tweaks" to the body design in order to be able to rate the mpg higher. the real changes happened in the motor.

the seal that they quoted you, is not side specific like the seal should be that we're looking for. its a moulded piece that would be L or R designated. the seal they quoted you runs from right to left and is an air dam that is bolted the the front of the box between cab and bed.
I don't have what I would call "seals" on my 2013. There are some gray rubber flaps on the top and sides, far enough in that you have to be looking for them to even notice them. Any of you have pics of the seals you are talking about?

2013 SL LB 4X4
#39 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
The Following User Says Thank You to Mhannis For This Useful Post:
Suzokie (07-18-2013)
#40 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Shift_lurker

Thanks Mhannis ... based on no help in the chipping department, I'll pass on them. Just went through the local nissan dealer and I always check out the new frontiers.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.