2013 Crew Cab - How do you pull "back" of seat away from wall to install seat covers - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Shift_Newbie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2013 Crew Cab - How do you pull "back" of seat away from wall to install seat covers

I have a 2013 Crew Cab SV and my new Custom Seat Covers just came in the mail from Coverking.

I went outside to install the new custom fit seat covers and I could not figure out how to pull the backrest away from the back wall (area under the rear window) to get access to the back of the rear seat. I know that I can pivot the bottom up to get access to the storage bins by pulling the side lever up, but how do you either tilt the back of the seat down or pull the seat forward to slip the backrest cover over the seat ??? The seat-back is very tight against the rear wall and I can not even squeeze my hand back there.

I sure hope this is not an embarrassingly obvious way that I missed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 07:48 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
There is a nylon strap at the top of the seat by the shoulder area next to the headrest. Pull it. Driver side is by the left shoulder, passenger side is by the right shoulder. By the way, your factory jack and spare tire hardware are back there. I would use this time to learn how to get the jack out instead of finding out when you actually get a flat.

Last edited by frontire; 02-13-2014 at 07:52 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frontire For This Useful Post:
saxtech (02-13-2014), Suzokie (02-14-2014)
#3 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontire View Post
There is a nylon strap at the top of the seat by the shoulder area next to the headrest. Pull it. Driver side is by the left shoulder, passenger side is by the right shoulder. By the way, your factory jack and spare tire hardware are back there. I would use this time to learn how to get the jack out instead of finding out when you actually get a flat.
Oh my gosh !!! I knew I would be embarrassed

I just tried it and it was so easy. THANK YOU !

Yes that would have been horrible if I would have needed that jack and not known how to access it in the middle of the night.....The dealer probably should have demonstrated this at the time of purchase.

Thanks again. I will install my new seat covers this weekend thanks to your help.

Last edited by saxtech; 02-13-2014 at 08:02 PM.
#4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 08:03 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The jack does not just slip out. You need the tools to compress the scissor lift enough so it will dislodge, then it comes out. Try it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frontire For This Useful Post:
FitzIngarage (02-15-2014), saxtech (02-13-2014)
#5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
The jack does not just slip out. You need the tools to compress the scissor lift enough so it will dislodge, then it comes out. Try it.
OK...I will try it this weekend when I install the rear sear covers.

Thank you for your being so helpful.

2013 Frontier SV Crew Cab with SV Value Truck Package.....

Stainless Steel Grill Inserts
Chrome Mirror Covers
Chrome Door Handles (not covers)
I did the front liscense plate mod and lowered the front liscense plate to uncover the bumper grill.
I also added a polished stainless steel piece to box the top of the mount in.
Bug / Rock hood deflector (OEM)
Polished Stainless Steel Side Step Nerf Bars
I added the OEM Body Side Molding (color
matched)
I installed the OEM Front and Rear Mud Gaurds
#6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Boy is he lucky you got to this before zoomzoom told him to search his owner's manual

The Following User Says Thank You to Mach1tosh For This Useful Post:
nissanaddicted (02-14-2014)
#7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1tosh View Post
Boy is he lucky you got to this before zoomzoom told him to search his owner's manual
It's both amazing and sad how few vehicle owners actually know what the book in the glove compartment is for. In the time it takes for many questions to be typed on an internet forum, the answer can be found in the owners manual.

Besides that, reviewing the owners manual should be a priority after getting the vehicle home for the first time.

2010 Frontier SE V6 CC LB, built 04-2010, purchased 07-2010
Current mods: OEM foglight kit, Weathertech molded mats, locking gas cap, OEM locking lug nuts, Clarion CX501 and Sirius Connect sc-c1, OEM mud flaps/splash guards, 3in. round blind spot mirrors, Nissan logo valve stem caps, rad/trans cooler bypass, rear axle vent mod, custom lower grill insert using black mesh gutter guard material, OEM auto dim rearview mirror w/temp & compass, OEM hood protector/bug shield, 35% tint on both front windows and a windshield strip, OEM body side molding, OEM step rails, 14in. tall metal radio antenna, OEM front tow hooks (true left and right hook), OEM rope hooks in the bed, OEM special edition emblem added to tailgate.

Last edited by yesterdaysradios; 02-14-2014 at 12:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to yesterdaysradios For This Useful Post:
JoeR (02-15-2014)
#8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2014, 01:18 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesterdaysradios View Post
It's both amazing and sad how few vehicle owners actually know what the book in the glove compartment is for. In the time it takes for many questions to be typed on an internet forum, the answer can be found in the owners manual.

Besides that, reviewing the owners manual should be a priority after getting the vehicle home for the first time.
I find the manual to be fairly convoluted when looking for things. I read through it when I got the truck, but for searching, it's kind of a pain. I downloaded it from the nissan.ca site and I have it on my desktop to search anytime. Using the search function makes things so much faster too.

2013 Grey Pro 4X, stock
The Following User Says Thank You to ahinalu For This Useful Post:
yamato72 (02-15-2014)

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.