2007 Nissan Frontier won't start - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2007 Nissan Frontier won't start

So i have a 2007 Frontier V6 6SPD 4x4 SE, and today i got a flat tire. After changing the tire i went to start my truck and it would only turn over as if it were getting no fuel. I had it towed to the dealership and am having them look at it tomorrow(only reason i went to the dealership is because it still has a factory warranty) the only performance mods to the truck are a volant cai, and a superchip cortex set on mileage save mode.Well to say the least it has been a extreme stressful day and i could really use some technical help from someone more knowledgeable in this situation. Any ideas what could be wrong with my truck?

Also i was wondering do these trucks have a fuel pump relay button anywhere? Or am i looking at a costly repair? Im kinda nervous aboutthe ECM because of the chip. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 1,428 Times in 940 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
suggestion - get the tuner set to stock before letting the dealer hook up their obd. as for the reason it wont start - can't help ya there

ClubFrontier's Rules and Guidelines

2007 Frontier LE Crew Cab LWB 4x4 w/leather

My Build Thread
#3 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i am assuming you never ate paint chips as a kid but.... did you check under were you put you jack??? i know this is a no brainer but my boss thinks he knows every thing about cars and he had to change a tire on his brand new m45 on the mass pike and when he jacked the car up he did not put the jack on the frame all the way and on the way down the jack slipped off the frame and landed on the left side of the exhaust and completely pinched off the left side of his exhaust.... car does not start any more had it towed to the dealer.

2010 PRo-4X..Airaid CAI & throttle body spacer, superchips cortex, flowmaster 40, fog light by-pass, PIAA 510's radflo 2.0 ext..PRG UCA and 1.5 shackles, 275/65-18 michelin ltx a/t's on 18" kmc xd addicts, JL HD900/5, 6-3/4 alpine type-r components, 10" alpine type-r shallow mount sub in custom fiberglass enclosure
#4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
ipdm malfunction and yeah would have been a good idea to pull that tune first before taking to the dealer, just in case.

07 Red Alert Frontier SE KC Auto: Nismo CAI, Custom 3in exhaust w/ flowmaster and 4in Silverline tip (3in from the y all the way back), BFG Rugged Trails, Python 990 Alarm w/ remote start and 1 mile range, ABS Bypass Switch, Front facing child seat.
08 Red Alert Xterra SE Auto: Stock
2011 Sentra SE-R Spec V 6 speed: Stock
92 240sx 5 speed: Stock for now

#5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like IPDM thats why i carry a spare relay.

06 MAJESTIC BLUE 4X2 LE KC
#6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

"i am assuming you never ate paint chips as a kid but.... "

Classic....

Clint

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

2010 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab Long Bed 4X4 Radiant Silver 6-Speed
2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4X4 Desert Stone
2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Frosted Steel
2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Yellow Jacket Edition 6-Speed Stinger Yellow
2014 Nissan Sentra SR Aspen White
#7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Shift_lurker

your correct it was a ipdm malfunction, the module is junk but is covered. i tried to put the stock tune back in before getting it towed but for some reason it wouldnt let me. i would plug it in and it would say to turn the igntion on but do not start. I did that then pressed ok and it would ask me the same thing as if i didnt even do it. Do you think this happened because of this module burning out?

o and i was also going to ask, does the superchip tune stay on the ecu after this module breaks? Or is my tuner junk?

Last edited by Sparkplug; 06-16-2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
#8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
it probably did prevent you from being able to do it since its not allowing the ignition system or anything to turn on. when its malfunctioning i'm pretty sure now that you mention it that you pretty much just have acc power. i would think that your tune will still be set.

07 Red Alert Frontier SE KC Auto: Nismo CAI, Custom 3in exhaust w/ flowmaster and 4in Silverline tip (3in from the y all the way back), BFG Rugged Trails, Python 990 Alarm w/ remote start and 1 mile range, ABS Bypass Switch, Front facing child seat.
08 Red Alert Xterra SE Auto: Stock
2011 Sentra SE-R Spec V 6 speed: Stock
92 240sx 5 speed: Stock for now

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.