Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2005 LE Crew Cab...new front rotors &pads

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  sonora 
#1 ·
So I have 125,000 on original rotors and replacement pads. Have brake shudder when applying brakes, freeway driving, 80 miles round trip daily, about 20 miles on the way home is 15-20 stop and go....no brake squeal. I am thinking its time for new front rooters and turn the rear, add pads all the way around. I'm not mechanically minded, but do all my own oil changes and have drained the rear diff and refilled. Any estimate as to what a shop would charge or is it worth me trying to do by myself?

#2 ·
Turn the rears? That is Irish :laugh: It is probably time for rotors all around, plus pads. How is your e-brake? If those pads need done, it is an interesting job - usually easier to release the axles to do the inner brake pads for the ebrake. I'm on my third set of rear rotors with only 125k km.

#4 ·
Don't turn the rotors. They're so cheap to buy new, its not worth wasting time and effort getting them machined.

Edit: I should add, it's mind-numbingly easy and fast to do rotors and pads on the Frontier yourself. I did all 4 in under 2 hours, first time ever. The dealer wanted $800 for the fronts only lol. I did all 4 wheels myself for under $300.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.