Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2005 Heater Core Woes

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  R00 
#1 ·
I am researching a heater core replacement for an 05+ frontier and I am not finding any videos/stickies or how-tos. Any sources out there? Any DIYs?

#4 ·
"FSM" means "Factory Service Manual." If you do some Googling, you should be able to find a downloadable copy. NicoClub.com has free, downloadable manuals at their site.
The heater core replacement is a pretty big job on these. The entire dashboard needs to be removed to access the heating and cooling unit. I'm pretty sure the air conditioning system will need to be evacuated and later re-charged.

#5 ·
Thanks for the Factory Service Manual source as this will defiantly help. I am well aware it's going to be a big job but find it curious with the amount of these 2nd gen trucks on the road (Frontier/Pathfinder/Xterra) that there is little to nothing out there in the terms of heater core replacement maintenance posts. Maybe it's such a ***** to do that most resolve this problem by having a mechanic do it.

#7 ·
Depending on the repair longevity you seek, a bottle of radiator stop leak is an inexpensive alternative. Years ago I used the stuff on an aging car to cure a head gasket leak and it held fast for years. A heater core leak would likely hold for much, much longer. Just a thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.