Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2005 air conditioning problems

42K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  sinfonik 
#1 ·
My A/C is working intermittently. Blows cold then stops. Light on A/C switch goes off and on. Will not blow when dial is set on 1 or 2. Freon checks out fine. I remember seeing that someone posted saying that a switch behind the glove compartment could be the culprit? Can someone possibly clue me in as to what I need to do.

Thanks!!

#6 ·
A/c only working on fan speed one today. Compressor and light would turn off on setting 2, 3 and 4 but it was still blowing. Replaced blower motor resistor, link from previous post lead me in the right direction. The part was 75 Canadian at dealership took 5 mins to change. Truck is 2008 Nismo cc with 90,000 km on it.

Thanks club Frontier!!

#9 ·
Same problems

I have a 2005 Frontier, AC light and recirc light comes on on speed one- no air/blower nothing... on speed 2-4 blower comes on-no cool air though

replaced the blower motor resistor a month ago, now I have replaced the Air Control module in the dash...

Still no cool air...

Just checkedthe 10amp compressor fuse... its good

HELP PLEASE !!!!!!

#11 ·
Most of the above issues sound like blower resistor problems. This is not uncommon. And not restricted to Nissans either.

#13 · (Edited)
Picked up the resistor at Autozone last night, a few minutes later everything was working great! Thanks

My problem was 1 & 2 blower not working, AC button and Max AC both not working. Went to Autozone and got part #JA1430 $54.99. 7/32 socket and the new one was in withing a few minutes. Took me longer to walk to the shed to get the socket set. Everything works great and I haven't had AC in 2 years and it was cold. Thanks again for the help!

#17 ·
I've got nearly the same problem with my '06 Frontier.
Regular vent/blower works fine.
Turn on A/C:
A/C light turns ON only when in fan position 1; blower works but air is ambient temp.
A/C light OFF (no intermittent signal) in other fan positions; blower works but air is ambient temp.
Turn on A/C:
Leave in fan position 1 for a few minutes, switch to another position and the air coming out of the vents is cold, but eventually warms up to ambient as if the A/C had switched off (I assume this is precisely what is happening).

I checked all fuses and they were fine. At a recent service, the tech said the problem was the A/C control head (control unit?) and not anything to do with the compressor or refrigerant. What are the odds this is the case and not the thermal resistor? Replacing both is still cheaper than having it serviced, but I'd prefer to get it done with one part, being frugal and all.

Thanks for any assistance.

#18 ·
Well, it was not the control unit. I replaced that and have the same problems. Onto the thermal resistor, I suppose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.