Nissan Frontier Forum banner

'14/'15 Frontier Issues so far?

38K views 163 replies 68 participants last post by  pchastnow 
#1 · (Edited)
I am curious to know if ANYONE that owns a 14/15 model has had ANY issues at all with their new trucks. (ex.-axle issues, milkshake, warranty work{already}, etc...) I am very curious to see these results.

I'm going to be looking to get another (due to the happiness of my '10 i just bought a month ago) to be a Garaged Off-Road beast. (i work 25 on and 5 off a month so it'll get 5 days monthly driving only)
BUT, i won't be getting it until late spring or early summer of '15, so as much info as i can get my hands on between now and then will definitely make my decision easier!

Thanks in advance!

*EDIT*- Also if you have a stick or Auto and have issues. I'm looking hard at a M/T instead of the A/T right now.

#141 ·
It's pretty typical. Some are worse than others. It all but disappears when you up the idle by 25-50 rpms.

#145 ·
My 15 Frontier CC V6 only had 200 miles on it when it went back to the shop. The relay that goes into the transmission was put in wrong and I couldn't get the truck out of 4wheel drive until it was turned off for an hour . Then it had over 35 codes when the dealership looked at it. They fixed it no problem, now I just saw that my headlamps are holding moister so ill be taking it in for that. I only have 550 miles on the truck now.

#146 ·
Wow, not good. It really seems to be a hit or miss & luck of the draw with these trucks. If I do manage to get one & it does anything like this, my wife will go nuts, & I'll never hear the end of it, lol. Seriously.

#148 ·
I have to seriously wonder if I should go down this path again, or run, boy run. It's almost a total crap shoot. You think you've picked a good one, then boom. It's the biggest reason I'm taking so long about it. It's very frustrating.

#151 ·
These trucks are no different from any other vehicle with thousands of parts put together by robots and humans. They are not all going to be perfect.

#155 ·
I had a similar issue when i had the factory radio. it turned out however to be a setting on the phone and not the radio. I think it was a result of the driving mode that the phone had turned on. It has been awhile since it happened, and i no longer have that phone but that might give you a place to start looking.

Hope that helps.

#157 ·
I thought the same thing, except it did it to 3 of the dealership sales guy's phones too...I'm hoping a firmware update will fix it, but the cold shoulder from Nissan Consumer Affairs is now at about 2 months, getting nowhere...not just me, the dealer as well is getting the silent treatment on this one.

#156 ·
I have a 2015 Pro-4x with 15,000 miles so far. Zero issues that I'm aware of. I installed a Nismo CAI 5,000 miles ago. Have noticed a slight change in the smell of the exhaust. Seems a little lean. Haven't been able to verify yet though because no one makes a tuner for the 15/16 due to "PCM changes."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.